Author Topic: BoP: Napoleonic Wars (Out-of-character Thread) [Live]  (Read 71135 times)

Offline Volk

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: BoP: Napoleonic Wars (Out-of-character Thread) [Live]
« Reply #465 on: October 07, 2016, 01:03:56 am »
Try posting it on a different web browser?
Same problem

Major Edit: So I sent BBJ a portion of the update (without detailed information regarding battles/major events of course) upon his request to look into the issue. One of the Battle spoilers in the update that I scrolled up to hide in my screenshots was a naval battle. In the text I sent to BBJ, the battle name and some words were typed. These words were formatted in the usual way I normally type: Font Times New roman, Font size 12, center, etc. He pressed Preview and got the same error that I got. However, upon deleting all of the bb code in the naval battle event spoiler, the message returned to normal and he could preview it no problem. The event obv was just normal standard fse text however it was visible.

We can now reasonably conclude, thanks to BabyJ, that the problem lies somewhere between FSE's BB code and FSE's spoilers. Perhaps some of the BB code bugs out when in spoilers or there is a conflict when BB code is inserted inside a spoiler which is already inside the main spoiler. We still don't know for sure, however it should help in figuring out what exactly the problem is. Thanks to BBJ for figuring out that crucial piece.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 01:28:53 am by Volk »

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: October 07, 2016, 01:14:44 am »
If you add any text besides what you pasted in and than click post/preview does anything show up then?

Offline Volk

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: October 07, 2016, 01:18:11 am »
If you add any text besides what you pasted in and than click post/preview does anything show up then?
Yes, I tried that yesterday when I was testing the problem for Duuring. Let's say I also typed up the Summary under the Update, you know "Corsican fighting Austria with Britain, woo scary, Russia doing stuff, It's a European War wooooo". The Summary would show up once I hit Preview and Post, however the Spoiler and everything inside it would simply disappear. And if after posting I quoted the post to see if the BB code was still there, just invisible, the BB code would disappear after posting as well.

I tried it with test posts on the OOC thread and the same problem occurred during my test PM's and even in my PM to Duuring about the issue.  :-\

The issue is being resolved by Duuring and the devs, however I just wanted to bring attention to the problem in case any of you all experience it or figure out a way to work around or even fix it.

Major Edit: So I sent BBJ a portion of the update (without detailed information regarding battles/major events of course) upon his request to look into the issue. One of the Battle spoilers in the update that I scrolled up to hide in my screenshots was a naval battle. In the text I sent to BBJ, the battle name and some words were typed. These words were formatted in the usual way I normally type: Font Times New roman, Font size 12, center, etc. He pressed Preview and got the same error that I got. However, upon deleting all of the bb code in the naval battle event spoiler, the message returned to normal and he could preview it no problem. The event obv was just normal standard fse text however it was visible.

We can now reasonably conclude, thanks to BabyJ, that the problem lies somewhere between FSE's BB code and FSE's spoilers. Perhaps some of the BB code bugs out when in spoilers or there is a conflict when BB code is inserted inside a spoiler which is already inside the main spoiler. We still don't know for sure, however it should help in figuring out what exactly the problem is. Thanks to BBJ for figuring out that crucial piece.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 01:32:04 am by Volk »

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: October 07, 2016, 01:37:49 am »
Yeah I was going to say try starting to remove BB Code to see where the issue is. Gj BabyJ

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
« Reply #469 on: October 07, 2016, 01:39:56 am »
i think i solved it boyos

jk...
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 01:43:24 am by BabyJesus »
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Ted

• Colonel
  • Aufknöpfen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: October 07, 2016, 09:36:24 am »
Can'lt we just have the update without fancy formating?
Dat kid who put up a global banlist back in Betty's times.
Former Regiments: 7te Kurmarkische Landwehr, 6te Ulanen, kk Kürassierregiment Nr.4, kk Bombardier-Regiment Nr.3, kk AR Nr.2, GGR Nr.4, Artillerie im Kö.Preuß.IR Nr.33.
>>Scenes<<

Offline The Mighty McLovin

• Deserves a better title than this
  • Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #471 on: October 07, 2016, 09:37:35 am »

No

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: October 07, 2016, 07:22:18 pm »
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: October 07, 2016, 10:11:45 pm »
update?

Offline Ted

• Colonel
  • Aufknöpfen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: October 07, 2016, 10:12:13 pm »
Dat kid who put up a global banlist back in Betty's times.
Former Regiments: 7te Kurmarkische Landwehr, 6te Ulanen, kk Kürassierregiment Nr.4, kk Bombardier-Regiment Nr.3, kk AR Nr.2, GGR Nr.4, Artillerie im Kö.Preuß.IR Nr.33.
>>Scenes<<

Offline Commander Bondage

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Don Bonleone
« Reply #475 on: October 07, 2016, 10:22:27 pm »
le big SIGH
Tears and screams of pain and pleasure our gifts we will share forever
*President of the Heartkeeper's club*Chairman of the Good Boys board*

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile

Offline Volk

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: October 08, 2016, 07:22:30 am »
Update.

It's so ugly  :-[ Hopefully Duuring and the mods fix the issue soon so I can make my updates decent to read again. I also admit that it's not the best quality of writing I've been able to produce. I wasn't able to come up with as much creative stuff to say about events this time. The problems posting the update didn't help either.

I will be PM'ing non-event stuff separately to respective players (Like Russia and Sweden).

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: October 08, 2016, 08:28:00 am »
Rip Nelson

Offline The Mighty McLovin

• Deserves a better title than this
  • Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy