Author Topic: BoP: Napoleonic Wars (Out-of-character Thread) [Live]  (Read 70581 times)

Offline Bravescot

• The WoR Avatar Guy
  • Donator
  • The rank icon guy
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: BoP: Napoleonic Wars (Out-of-character Thread) [Reservations Open]
« Reply #225 on: September 20, 2016, 06:41:50 pm »
You know what, I got a lot of time to kill: Batavian Republic please. If I am permitted to play that is.
Oh no, the Jew is back! (said the only real Jew here)
Native man is my true nation, but he was first and I respect that. He will carry on my legacy as the great jew of our times.

Offline Nativemann

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #226 on: September 20, 2016, 06:57:30 pm »
You know what, I got a lot of time to kill: Batavian Republic please. If I am permitted to play that is.
Oh no, the Jew is back! (said the only real Jew here)
Native man is my true nation, but he was first and I respect that. He will carry on my legacy as the great jew of our times.
I'll keep her alive for 'ya.

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 20, 2016, 06:57:56 pm »

*France intergrates the Batavian Republic. xD

Offline Bravescot

• The WoR Avatar Guy
  • Donator
  • The rank icon guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 20, 2016, 07:01:14 pm »
*France intergrates the Batavian Republic. xD
Well shit xD

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 20, 2016, 07:19:42 pm »
in all seriousness I don't mind if you want to play the Batavian Republic.
But it's volks decision though.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #230 on: September 20, 2016, 08:52:40 pm »
We should do a Pike and Shotte BoP next set in the 30 years war in Europe.

Ffs we have just started this BoP....

@BabyJ nope, I was referring to the players because DoctorWarband had allready posted something that covered my opinion on the matter, that's why I quoted him.

And yes, things like this killed our games before. A major power going rather afk and posting only two or three sentences per turn instead of taking part in actual diplomacy is completly breaking the game. Remember what happened when France went afk during the last BoP....

And @McLovin: Bold your actions please  ::)
France was actually afk. That's why the game was ruined. That is a little different than posts like caz's. I worked pretty closely with caz in 1914 (like honestly how did people actually think Ethiopia became a tech power on their own?). He responded to almost all my pms and he posted when he needs to.

Now it's kinda funny that you of all people are talking about ruining games. Multiple times you over complicated plans have led to huge issues. Too much details kills games much faster than too little detail.

Note: I had a different response typed out but I lost connection and the post was deleted. It was better written imo.

Some type of middle ground is probably best tbh
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 08:58:29 pm by BabyJesus »
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Ted

• Colonel
  • Aufknöpfen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 20, 2016, 09:35:35 pm »
We should do a Pike and Shotte BoP next set in the 30 years war in Europe.

Ffs we have just started this BoP....

@BabyJ nope, I was referring to the players because DoctorWarband had allready posted something that covered my opinion on the matter, that's why I quoted him.

And yes, things like this killed our games before. A major power going rather afk and posting only two or three sentences per turn instead of taking part in actual diplomacy is completly breaking the game. Remember what happened when France went afk during the last BoP....

And @McLovin: Bold your actions please  ::)
France was actually afk. That's why the game was ruined. That is a little different than posts like caz's. I worked pretty closely with caz in 1914 (like honestly how did people actually think Ethiopia became a tech power on their own?). He responded to almost all my pms and he posted when he needs to.

Now it's kinda funny that you of all people are talking about ruining games. Multiple times you over complicated plans have led to huge issues. Too much details kills games much faster than too little detail.

Note: I had a different response typed out but I lost connection and the post was deleted. It was better written imo.

Some type of middle ground is probably best tbh

Well, that's true. I still believe that the Emperor could at least use his flag though, but that's cosmetic  ::)  ;)

But seriously, I do not see how complicated plans ruin BoPs. Complicated stuff makes it interesting, having "Major Power X declares war on Miner Power Y and sends 10.000.000 men" instead makes it boring and ruins the game for the minor nations because the big one can ruin your whole setup with one poor sentence.

However, let's just keep our mouths shut about the matter on this point because we are here to play the game. I fear that my comments here could get a saltwave rollin' and that would really destroy the game.  :-X
Dat kid who put up a global banlist back in Betty's times.
Former Regiments: 7te Kurmarkische Landwehr, 6te Ulanen, kk Kürassierregiment Nr.4, kk Bombardier-Regiment Nr.3, kk AR Nr.2, GGR Nr.4, Artillerie im Kö.Preuß.IR Nr.33.
>>Scenes<<

Offline Bravescot

• The WoR Avatar Guy
  • Donator
  • The rank icon guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 20, 2016, 09:42:01 pm »
in all seriousness I don't mind if you want to play the Batavian Republic.
But it's volks decision though.
Aye that it is

Offline Volk

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 20, 2016, 11:58:33 pm »
Based on what I've seen & heard of B-Scot & his attitude since being back, as well as prior knowledge, I've decided admitting B-Scot is not in the best interest of the BoP. He can ask again later.

Just a thing before you all start arguing again. Remember, this is still Turn 1. The point of the start is to make mistakes now & try different things (flags, formats, etc) so you can do better later. Don't be so hard on each other, just fix mistakes & errors then move on.  ;)

Also, whenever you all are ready I can update. I still see people setting up diplomatic relations, so whenever I get a general "Okay" I'll update.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 21, 2016, 12:07:30 am »
I think I'm ready for an update
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)

Offline Volk

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 21, 2016, 02:06:39 am »
I've updated the diplomacy sheet. I've also made it so any nation that trades with France automatically trades with France's AI client states. This rule also applies to embargoes, non-aggression pacts, wars (starting wars at least), etc.

Edit: I am going to assume for simplicity's sake that if you are not trading with a nation then you are embargoing them.

Edit Edit: I have updated the diplomacy sheet. I advise you to check it regularly to make sure it is up to date. I will update it daily. To find your country's relations, just find your nation on the left side and go down the list of nations to see what specific relations you have with each nation.

Triple Edit: I've also figured out how to use the "Save Draft" mechanic that is on this Forum. I will create the update as a draft and continuously update and edit it until it is ready for publish following general player "Go Ahead".

Quadruple Edit Oh My: I've also decided that (although rare), major nation modifiers will be dynamic. For example if Prussia (this is just an extreme example) were to focus 100% on its expansion and training of its navy, then Prussia might get a +1 bonus to Naval combat if I deem it worthy of the bonus. These bonuses/changes will be extremely rare though, and will only be granted in the most extreme of cases or most specific circumstances.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 04:17:16 am by Volk »

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 21, 2016, 04:51:40 am »
Hmm can i have a great admiral? I found a Swedish admiral that was actually pretty good.

He was responsible for Sweden's victory in one of the largest naval battles in history, and the largest one in Baltic Sea history. Swedes were largely outnumbered and won a decisive victory. A1 if you ask me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Olof_Cronstedt

give +1 plz. its not like i have any other good people :(

« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 04:55:35 am by BabyJesus »

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 21, 2016, 05:01:26 am »
Hmm can i have a great admiral? I found a Swedish admiral that was actually pretty good.

He was responsible for Sweden's victory in one of the largest naval battles in history, and the largest one in Baltic Sea history. Swedes were largely outnumbered and won a decisive victory. A1 if you ask me.

He also surrendered half the Swedish navy without battle in the siege of Sveaborg (1808) and was considered a traitor after that..

Then again that wasn't a battle and he did win Sweden the largest naval battle in Swedish history..

So I guess +1?

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 21, 2016, 05:02:43 am »

He also surrendered half the Swedish navy without battle in the siege of Sveaborg (1808) and was considered a traitor after that..

Then again that wasn't a battle and he did win Sweden the largest naval battle in Swedish history..

So I guess +1?
in that siege, he also had some of the worst conditions possible. and if it really is that big of a deal jsut give him +1 for sea skillz and a -1 for sieges
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 05:07:22 am by BabyJesus »

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 21, 2016, 05:19:36 am »

So I guess +1?
in that siege, he also had some of the worst conditions possible. and if it really is that big of a deal jsut give him +1 for sea skillz and a -1 for sieges

Hue hue >next turn "Carl Olof Cronstedt" get's relieved as commander of Sveaborg with immediate effect.