Author Topic: 44th Regiment of Foot (East Essex) - Light Company [EU/NA] (Disbanded)  (Read 121875 times)

Offline [91st] Official

• Major
    • View Profile
    • 91st Regiment of Foot - Argyllshire Highlanders
  • Side: Neutral
Re: 44th Regiment of Foot (East Essex) [EU/NA]
« Reply #990 on: April 05, 2013, 09:36:07 pm »
That was a fun LB today. Really enjoyed our first K-KA linebattle.

Just want everyone to know that Pride and Peter are both nubs, and are bad at the game. :-*

Offline Shortshorts

• Major General
  • I love memes
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 60th_Lt_Shortshorts
« Reply #991 on: April 05, 2013, 09:40:48 pm »

Just want everyone to know that Pride and Peter are both nubs, and are bad at the game. :-*
Get weckd, scwub.  :-*

Offline Diplex

• Vital Supporter
  • Colonel Edward B. Fowler
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: 44th Regiment of Foot (East Essex) - Light Company [EU/NA]
« Reply #992 on: April 05, 2013, 10:08:41 pm »
Due to the low attendance lately, mainly cause of the fact that people are getting bored of NW, we have decided to convert the regiment into a smaller Light company.

Offline Shortshorts

• Major General
  • I love memes
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: April 05, 2013, 10:31:29 pm »
What you need is for your utube$$$ to do its magic and get some new blood in the system. I can't believe that you didn't use that steam sale to your fullest advantage.
Also light infantry are for the daft/poor/Irish.

Offline [91st] Official

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: April 05, 2013, 10:38:07 pm »
What you need is for your utube$$$ to do its magic and get some new blood in the system. I can't believe that you didn't use that steam sale to your fullest advantage.
Also light infantry are for the daft/poor/Irish.

The problem is not many people want to join the system. Not like it used to be, back in January of 2012.

Offline Shortshorts

• Major General
  • I love memes
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: April 05, 2013, 10:46:08 pm »
My point still stands, if you don't immediately regret picking light infantry as your continued role in the first lb you attend I'll eat my stovepipe.
The most utterly useless class I've had the displeasure of being forced to play 25% of my line battles.

Offline [91st] Official

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: April 05, 2013, 10:50:13 pm »
My point still stands, if you don't immediately regret picking light infantry as your continued role in the first lb you attend I'll eat my stovepipe.
The most utterly useless class I've had the displeasure of being forced to play 25% of my line battles.

We'll have to see, I suppose. However, most of us quite enjoy playing Light Infantry.

Offline James Grant

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: April 05, 2013, 10:54:58 pm »

That's a very narrow minded view. I personally believe that Light Infantry used with a small amount of riflemen is an excellent practice. Light Infantry have excellent shooting stats, better than that of riflemen and they get bayonets so they aren't horse fodder like riflemen.

Offline Erik le Rouge

• Lieutenant General
  • Depardieu best dieu
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Cpt_Erik
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #998 on: April 05, 2013, 11:00:38 pm »
A good Light Infantry Regiment, is a dead Light Infantry Regiment, lying down the battlefield after the passage of the cavalry 8)
Quote from: Treiz35
fuck erik
Quote from: Dokletian
fuck erik
Quote from: Sinjide
yeah fuck erik
Quote from: Aless
fuck erik
Quote from: Michnicki 1
fuck Erik
Quote from: Charles la Valette
i love erik
Quote from: TxM
fuck erik
Quote from: FreyrDS
fuck Erik
Quote from: Termito
fuck erik.
Quote from: Ciiges
fuck erik
Quote from: Remao
fuck Erik

Offline [91st] Official

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: April 05, 2013, 11:07:19 pm »
That's a very narrow minded view. I personally believe that Light Infantry used with a small amount of riflemen is an excellent practice. Light Infantry have excellent shooting stats, better than that of riflemen and they get bayonets so they aren't horse fodder like riflemen.

Yeah, we wanted to keep our bayonets, while using Light Infantry formations and better accuracy.

A good Light Infantry Regiment, is a dead Light Infantry Regiment, lying down the battlefield after the passage of the cavalry 8)

We'll need to keep an eye out for the deadly cavalry that stalk innocent Light Infantry! :P

Offline PrideofNi

• Major General
  • This is just a game, respect other people!
    • View Profile
    • K-KA HQ
  • Nick: PrideofNi
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1000 on: April 05, 2013, 11:21:10 pm »

Peter is a nub this is true, but me?! Pls catch friendly bullets and cannon balls moar  :-* Also, thank you guys for attending!

Offline Shortshorts

• Major General
  • I love memes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: April 05, 2013, 11:32:51 pm »

Yes, they are kind of the bastard child of line infantry and skirmishers, but they don't exceed at shooting, they are for most intents and purposes almost identical to line infantry when shooting, get your hand on a rifle and its a different story however. Their melee stats are shoddy at best, very comparable to riflemen in that regard. But honestly, if a commander has any degree of situational awareness he shouldn't be without line support at any time, unless of course said lines have the "RUN MOTHER*******!!" sentiment.

My point is: Lights don't really outmatch line infantry in either shooting or melee, and they get trounced by rifles at range, and are still comparable in the melee if rifles get their hands on muskets, and even with rifles if they are competent enough. They are inferior skirmishers in most situations due to significantly more harsh restrictions in most lbs. I just don't see the damn point of them. In the end I guess I'm a bit more biased than most, but still. Stay line, play rifles or nothing at all. Let us not spam this thread any further, there are other mediums we could use.

Offline Diplex

• Vital Supporter
  • Colonel Edward B. Fowler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: April 05, 2013, 11:44:00 pm »
Well, we're gonna play as both rifles AND light. We just didnt want to change our tags to 44thRifles or something. And the 44th wasnt a regiment of rifles, like the 95th and 60th. So we decided to play the role of the light company, which in our eyes simply would be skirmishers.

Offline Marsh

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: April 06, 2013, 12:04:05 am »
Good to see you are still going Diplex! So long as your band of loyal warriors do truely stay loyal then you will still have lots of fun and thats what counts  ;D

Offline James Grant

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: April 06, 2013, 12:06:45 am »
Shorty are you high? The difference between lights and line in shooting is obvious to anyone.