Author Topic: French Foreign Legion  (Read 2016 times)

Offline Tristanxh

• Corporal
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Hayes
  • Side: Neutral
French Foreign Legion
« on: March 14, 2017, 05:44:01 am »
Légion Étrangère

Description

We are members of a multi-national regiment that attends events for Napoleonic Wars and other Mount and Blade: Warband modules. This regiment is intended to be a disciplined and mature group for those intending to be involved in proper formation, however outside of events we will be your standard laid-back and fairly relaxed regiment. I only ask that no one in the regiment's actions interfere with events or others and that they respect the rules of the brigade, division, and army we are in. If you want to join the regiment or think it might be the right fit for you, feel free to add me and message me on my Steam.

History

The French Foreign Legion was created by Louis Philippe, the King of the French, on 10 March 1831 from the foreign regiments of the Kingdom of France. Recruits included soldiers from the recently disbanded Swiss and German foreign regiments of the Bourbon monarchy. The Royal Ordinance for the establishment of the new regiment specified that the foreigners recruited could only serve outside France. The French expeditionary force that had occupied Algiers in 1830 was in need of reinforcements and the Legion was accordingly transferred by sea in detachments from Toulon to Algeria.

The Foreign Legion was primarily used, as part of the Armée d'Afrique, to protect and expand the French colonial empire during the 19th century, but it also fought in almost all French wars including the Franco-Prussian War, World War I and World War II. The Foreign Legion has remained an important part of the French Army and sea transport protected by the French Navy, surviving three Republics, the Second French Empire, two World Wars, the rise and fall of mass conscript armies, the dismantling of the French colonial empire, and the loss of the Foreign Legion's base, Algeria.

Roster

Commissioned Officers
Commandant
Capitaine
Lieutenant
Sous-Lieutenant

Non-Commissioned Officers
Adjudant Chef
Adjudant
Sergent Chef
Sergent
Caporal Chef