Which team are you?

Team Instinct (Yellow)
17 (37%)
Team Mystic (Blue)
15 (32.6%)
Team Valor (Red)
14 (30.4%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Author Topic: Pokemon GO  (Read 17715 times)

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
  • Side: Union
Re: Pokemon GO
« Reply #150 on: August 08, 2016, 03:53:39 am »
Mystic = The Bandwagon Team
Valor = The Bullheaded Idiots Team
Instinct = The Meme Team

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline DeadEye

• Second Lieutenant
  • Old Nr7 Oberst
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr7_DeadEye
« Reply #151 on: August 08, 2016, 04:36:37 am »
The game is kinda trash atm, they took out so much stuff, Like nearby footprints, Battery saver mode (Although Im told some people still have it, Atleast a couple of friends and I dont have it). Catching pokemon is so much more difficult like it takes a great ball to catch a under 100 cp, kinda crazy. Also taking out the nearby tracking kinda makes the game loose it's touch of exploring.  Really, at this point to get anywhere you just need to find a good lure spot of like 3 or 4 in the same area and bring umbrellas. Lmao

Offline junedragon

• Colonel
  • Nr2, 29th, PLG, 63e, Team Canada, 4eme
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 08, 2016, 04:46:03 am »
The footprints or some other means of tracking should be brought back, but thats not the core problem imo. My issue with the game as it stands is that the gameplay after actually catching pokémon is extremely lacking.

For starters:

1) The gym battles are pathetic - should be replaced with traditional format from the games.

2) True PVP is needed ASAP.

3) Generally more post-capture features needed (eg. training, breeding ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), etc)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 04:50:32 am by junedragon »
Why am I still here

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #153 on: August 08, 2016, 04:52:13 am »
Mystic = The Bandwagon Team
Valor = The Bullheaded Idiots Team
Instinct = The Meme Team

And deadeye you do not need a great ball for low cp Pokemon. It's just random sometimes. Just use berries.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 05:08:15 am by Marceaux »

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #154 on: August 08, 2016, 05:01:15 am »
Memesssssssssssssssssssssssss

instinctttttttttttttttttttt

ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Superbad

• Ros the whore of Winterfell
  • Donator
  • Nothing gold can stay...
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SuperbadV
« Reply #155 on: August 08, 2016, 08:47:18 pm »
My first outing hunting Pokemon yesterday was an interesting experience. My brother and I went to the local Walmart (hitting all the Pokestops on the way there ofc) and we bought some stuff while hunting Pokemon. At this Walmart, I got to level 5 and chose Team Instinct. We got home and chilled for an hour or two and we decided to walk around at the local park. We walked, talked, and caught Pokemons (metric fuckton of Magikarps). Then we came across a neutral gym. My brother, having the strongest Pokemons out of us two, decided to take it over. There was this couple there attempting to take over the same gym. After about 5 minutes of my brother battling them for control of the gym and me just walking in circles trying to get an egg to hatch (ending up being a, yet again, fucking Magikarp) the dude looked at us and said, "Good game guys." and walked off.

During this outing we had atleast 3 different people come up and talk to us about where a good Pokemon is at. This game has managed to bring people outside and, if they choose to, socialize with other trainers. It's amazing!

Also, should I evolve my Pokemons as soon as I can or wait? I am level 6 if that makes a difference...

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #156 on: August 08, 2016, 09:01:43 pm »
Don't evolve your pokemon or use stardust. You'll find higher CP pokemon to evolve and you'll regret wasting your candy on low level cp evolutions. Wait till you're about level 16-20 to evolve I'd say.

Offline DeadEye

• Second Lieutenant
  • Old Nr7 Oberst
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr7_DeadEye
« Reply #157 on: August 09, 2016, 01:25:41 am »
To add, If you do choose to evolve, always do so after popping a lucky egg. and never evolve if a lucky egg isn't popped.

Offline Salcos

• First Lieutenant
  • Deus Vult, Romans 12:11, Κύριε Ελέησον
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Salcos
« Reply #158 on: August 15, 2016, 07:44:00 am »
Don't evolve your pokemon or use stardust. You'll find higher CP pokemon to evolve and you'll regret wasting your candy on low level cp evolutions. Wait till you're about level 16-20 to evolve I'd say.

Evolve all at once with that lucky egg, get a ton of EXP
I hate it when people pass me a cup by holding on to the rim of it...

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 17, 2016, 01:58:03 am »
Level 21 and now the game has slowed down a ton in terms of leveling up. Although I have encountered a lot of high CP pokemon.  My rarest encounter still was a 1700 CP Snorlax that got away after a razz Berry and an ultra ball failed...  I'm still upset over it. But the game is great and the social aspect is always impressing me. I see so many players from so many age groups it's nuts. Also managed to maintain gym leader of the gym next to my house for 3 days with a 1600 CP vaporeon.

Also the new Sightings system works great for tracking
You can pretty much find anything you try to.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 01:59:52 am by Marceaux »

Offline junedragon

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 17, 2016, 04:16:58 am »
tfw you evolve a strong pokemon

edit: (sidenote) I would say the new mega-evolution stuff is pretty silly but I must admit Mega Charizard does look badass as fuck
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 04:19:48 am by junedragon »
Why am I still here

Offline PurplePanda

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Old Gen boy, led a few bad regiments.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Purpie
« Reply #161 on: August 17, 2016, 06:22:47 am »
Haven't played for a few weeks. I think I have lost my interest in this game.

Offline Salcos

• First Lieutenant
  • Deus Vult, Romans 12:11, Κύριε Ελέησον
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Salcos
« Reply #162 on: August 18, 2016, 08:06:38 am »
Level 21 and now the game has slowed down a ton in terms of leveling up. Although I have encountered a lot of high CP pokemon.  My rarest encounter still was a 1700 CP Snorlax that got away after a razz Berry and an ultra ball failed...  I'm still upset over it. But the game is great and the social aspect is always impressing me. I see so many players from so many age groups it's nuts. Also managed to maintain gym leader of the gym next to my house for 3 days with a 1600 CP vaporeon.

Made it to level 20 as well, ton of people are still playing in my area, I even see people going out at 2 am and taking over gyms. Especially at the Mall, all those Pokemon Go players
I hate it when people pass me a cup by holding on to the rim of it...

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 18, 2016, 09:33:24 pm »

Made it to level 20 as well, ton of people are still playing in my area, I even see people going out at 2 am and taking over gyms. Especially at the Mall, all those Pokemon Go players

Nice job getting to 20 man! And yea pretty much the same around here. I Noticed a TON of players only come out after midnight here as well. In particular I see this elderly couple playing in their car legit everyday all times of the day and night and they look like they are in their 60s-70s.

I just hope they add gen2 etc soon! I want to see more variety to catch and also hope they re-create and improve the gyms/battles system to be a little more strategic and also more meaningful . Like gyms can only be taken once per day or something idk.  :)

Offline junedragon

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 19, 2016, 02:56:34 am »
Getting real tired with the game missing distance travelled.

Just walked over 2km and got credited for 0.12km on my eggs...

Not an anomaly either.
Why am I still here