Author Topic: BoP: Iropia Off-Topic & Workshop  (Read 29734 times)

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: BoP: Iropia Off-Topic & Workshop
« Reply #255 on: April 23, 2016, 11:02:38 pm »
If we keep the game simple (NO FUCKING TECHNOLOGIES), I am willing to also play Gamemaster. I will need the freedom to design the war-system though.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
« Reply #256 on: April 23, 2016, 11:02:52 pm »
Lol, this game was started and created by Volk and OttoFIN. Otto resigned and now you want to get rid of Volk also? xD
volk said before that she didn't want to gm and that she would rather play
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline The Mighty McLovin

• Deserves a better title than this
  • Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #257 on: April 23, 2016, 11:05:39 pm »
Maybes joint leadership between Duuring and Bravescot? And what happened to Otto, why doesn't he want to host it anymore?

Offline Bravescot

• The WoR Avatar Guy
  • Donator
  • The rank icon guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 23, 2016, 11:12:47 pm »
Maybes joint leadership between Duuring and Bravescot? And what happened to Otto, why doesn't he want to host it anymore?
^ I could roll with this...but we loose our two glorious nations. Scarifies much be made  :'(

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #259 on: April 23, 2016, 11:13:24 pm »
^ I could roll with this...but we loose our two glorious nations. Scarifies much be made  :'(
that means duuring can't rape and pillage me :(
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 23, 2016, 11:14:40 pm »
I can still play with the Clans to annoy people once and again. They're a pretty passive faction anyway, as I didn't design them to be superduper aggressive anyway.

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 23, 2016, 11:19:48 pm »
Maybes your nation could be played by new players? Such a shame to see Alba go.  :'(

Offline Bravescot

• The WoR Avatar Guy
  • Donator
  • The rank icon guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 23, 2016, 11:25:29 pm »
Maybes your nation could be played by new players? Such a shame to see Alba go.  :'(
I was talking to Duuring and he'd be willing to GM alone at the cost of a lot of the potential complexity. Tbh I think it would be better that way.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 23, 2016, 11:42:25 pm »
I am considering closing the game for now and redesigning it to become, well, more medieval. I'd really like to add a 'family'-element into it as well, though that would mean we'd have to get rid of all the stupid electoral thingies. It allow for fun RP, stronger alliances (you can't divorce your daughter 23 times in two years, duh) and a simplied combat system that is based around luck as well as tactical planning.

Basically the game would becomes Crusader Kings II, but on the forums. I realize that it wouldn't be your average BoP, but we have had like 5 BoP games now and we ought to have something new.

Obviously, if that's not what you people want, I'll keep the game as is.

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 23, 2016, 11:44:44 pm »
Well, my nation was already an absolute monarchy, so it doesn't really matter. I also was going to do things with my family too.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 23, 2016, 11:46:39 pm »
If people agree with my design, the family, not the nation/state becomes the most important actor of the game.

Offline Bravescot

• The WoR Avatar Guy
  • Donator
  • The rank icon guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 23, 2016, 11:55:40 pm »
I'm not a fan of the idea personally. It's not what I joined to play. I'm happy with a medieval BoP without any tech advancements

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 23, 2016, 11:56:40 pm »
The game was meant to be played from Medieval to Imperial. How can this be achieved without technological advancements?

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 24, 2016, 12:02:41 am »
Technological advances are super-intensely annoying to gamemasters, that is why.

Like I said, I accept it if most people don't want what I propose. But I will not play GM for a BoP that includes players researching everything they can think of just to get ahead of players who play more passively. We will not start this game anytime soon though - I fear that if we play now, people will be too busy with playing both 1915 and this, creating resentment against both games.

Offline Reznov

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 24, 2016, 12:09:09 am »
Not 100% finished yet, but posting anyway.

Spoiler
Name: The Tribes of Raudan

Classification: Tribal confederation   

Flag/Banner: 
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Royal House: Warlord Sigrunn Yngvild

Culture and history/background:
Spoiler
History of Raudan:

The first records of new people settling in the Raudan area, are from the year 700. These settlers were nothing but poor farmers and fishermen coming from the southern duchy of Staivenhuaard. Hearing the rumours of great fishing oppertunities on lake Rhakag. The next years these people builded up the village of Tengrii, south of the lake Rhakag. These men made their living from fishing and farming.

Not much was known about the lands north of lake Rhakag untill the year of 1000 when the village elder of Tengrii ordered an expedition northwards into lake Rhakag. A fleet full of enthusiastic armed men sailed off but only after 5 days, 1 made it back. The boats were ambushed while sailing up the river Vaskadi.  All other men were either killed or captured, only 1 boat was quick enough to escape from the so called “wild men”.

These “wild men” were warriors of clan Ynag living on the northern side of lake Rhakag. Clan Ynag were fishermen like the people from Tengrii, but weren’t as peaceful, and would often go on raiding parties northwards into the Taiga, or towards the eastern mountain lands.

The same goes for the other clans living in Raudan. Clan Isval of the vaskadi river are known for their longboats and galleys, they are great sailors and would often fight the people of Ynag for simple things like territory, loot or fishing spots.

The other Clans living in Raudan are the Aravki and Dunblane people. The Aravki people coming from the northern Tundra, the Aravki make their living from hunting in the Tundra’s of Raudan. The people from Dunblane come from the mountains of Raudan. This clan is known for their brutal and wild behaviour. The Dunblane people make their living from hunting and mostly from raiding other clans in the east.

The next 240 years all the clans and people of Raudan would be at constant war with each other, fighting it out on land, sea, or the Vaskadi river. Many warlords rose and fell in these times. In 1030 during the Stobunheim religious wars many lands in the west were captured by the Aravki people.

But everything changed in the year of 1242. The great empire of Iropia had risen and grew stronger every day. Feeling threatened by the great empire of Iropia the warlords ordered a peacefull meeting for the first time in Raudan’s history. This meeting was held at the neutral place of Skorghijll island at lake Rhakag. The warlords set their common goal of defending Raudan against any foreign invader from the south, and warlord Thorstein Yngvild was voted in as leader of the new Tribal Confederacy of Raudan.

In the following months new policies and laws were set up by Thorstein. Thorstein forbid all the clans of Raudan to fight each other in these times.
 A national army was raised and organised using all tribes strenghts to the best, and from the village of Tengrii, trade was established with the empire of Stobunheim. Traders from Tengrii traded food,wood and even mercenaries in trade for steel weapons and armour.

After the crushing defeat of Stobunheim at the battle of Sivan in 1242, Thorstein decided to move his capital from Tengrii to the Ynag camp of Bjarkan on the banks of Vaskadi river. He prepared his army for the upcoming invasion of Iropia. As predicted the empire of Iropia took Tengrii by the year of 1245 and moved northwards. The army of Raudan engaged the invading army of Iropia at the battle of blood forrest, but were beaten after a brutal savage fight.
 Thorstein fled with his people. The army of Iropia didn’t chase them as it not being worth the effort, the north after all was just “snow and woods” in eyes of the emperor.

The next 150 years the tribes of Raudan had small skirmishes with Iropean borderguards but lived in relative peace with each other.

After the fall of the empire in 1420 the clans held another meeting, and decided to take back what was rightfully theirs. The descendant of now “Thorstein the great” was voted in as chief of the clans, his name being Sigrunn Yngvild. Sigrunn as member from the Dunblane clan is a aggresive and rude man, he rather fights than talks but however listens carefull to his advisors from the other clans.

Sigrunn quickly retook his land and even expanded his borders while the empire of Iropia crumbled. More land towards the empire of Stobunheim was gifted by the Kaiser of Stobunheim to show goodwill. After capture the village of Tengrii is once again used as trade capital. The tribes of Raudan now look upon a bright future with much decisions to be made. Raiding or trading? War or friendship with neighbours? Will the clans remain united?
[close]

Culture and Religion
Spoiler
The people from Raudan live in self sustaining tribes, they eat what they find or kill. The clans vote each year who will be their clanleader. The clanleader makes the important decisions for the clan and attend clanmeetings. The other people from the clans are free from any obligations, they are truly freemen, but increase in prestige and respect when going on war/raid party’s.

The people from Raudan are free to believe in what they want, most people in the north follow Animist religions while people in Tengrii and the border regions follow the church of the sun. Religion isn’t such an important thing in the north, while staying alive in harsh winters, and finding food is more of a priority.
[close]
[close]

Economy etc coming. And yeah, think Volk shouldnt be GM but some1 else instead. Also, why let everyone make their history and nation and then change the map? ???