Author Topic: Post here if looking for a Regiment or Members.  (Read 41141 times)

Offline Wigster600

• Major General
  • "Oh shit." - Wigster600
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wigster600/John_Cooper
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Post here if looking for a Regiment or Members.
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2013, 09:16:36 pm »
Looking for a Confederate Infantry regiment.

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
  • Side: Union
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2013, 09:49:20 pm »
Looking for a large regiment, period. Idc where it's based. I'll only be able to play when my schedule permits it.

Offline The Nutty Pig

• Donator
  • It wasn't easy being cheesy.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2013, 09:53:47 pm »
You can join us if you want?

Offline Wigster600

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2013, 10:27:28 pm »
You can join us if you want?
'oo arrre yah?

Offline The Nutty Pig

• Donator
  • It wasn't easy being cheesy.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2013, 10:30:36 pm »
Dixie Land Army 24th Virginia Infantry
DA_24thVA

Offline Wigster600

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2013, 10:36:37 pm »
I see....  got a thread?  :P
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 10:40:32 pm by Wigster600 »

Offline Rollo6

• Private
  • Col. Rollo6 2nd U.S. Regular Infantry, Commanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2013, 02:48:23 am »
I see....  got a thread?  :P

I sent you a pm. Please check and tell me what you think?

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • This blamed fight aint got a rear
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2013, 02:29:45 am »
Looking for Union Artillery to join. Confederate artillery if there are no US then. I'd appericate it if the unit have some NA event or whatever that let NA players get on easily.  ;) 

Offline George385

• Donator
  • nah yeah nah nah yeah nah
    • View Profile
  • Nick: George385
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2013, 03:13:10 am »
Hear Ye! Hear Ye!

The UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS IS RECRUITING!

Spoiler
Despite their stellar service in foreign engagements, the Marine Corps playedA little bit of history about the USMC during the civil war- Courtesy of Wikipedia only a minor role during the Civil War (1861–1865); their most important task was blockade duty and other ship-board battles, but were mobilized for a handful of operations as the war progressed.[94][95][96][97]

During the prelude to war, a hastily-created 86-man Marine detachment under Lieutenant Israel Greene was detached to arrest John Brown at Harper's Ferry in 1859, after the abolitionist raided the armory there.[98] Command of the mission was given to then-Colonel Robert E. Lee and his aide, Lieutenant J.E.B. Stuart, both having been on leave in Washington when President James Buchanan ordered Brown arrested.[94] The ninety Marines arrived to the town on 17 October via train, and quickly surrounded John Brown's Fort. Upon his refusal to surrender, the Marines stormed the building with bayonets, battering down the door with hammers and a ladder used as a battering ram. Greene slashed Brown twice and would have killed him had his sword not bent on his last thrust; in his haste he had carried his light dress sword instead of his regulation sword.[99]

At the opening of the war, the Marine Corps had 1892 officers and men, but two majors, half the captains, and two-thirds of the lieutenants resigned to join the Confederacy, as did many prominent Army officers.[94] Though the retention of enlisted men was better, the Confederate States Marine Corps formed its nucleus with some of the best Marines the Corps had.[100] Following the wave of defections, thirteen officers and 336 Marines, mostly recruits, were hastily formed into a battalion and sent to Manassas. At the First Battle of Bull Run (First Manassas), they performed poorly, running away like the rest of the Union forces. Commandant John Harris reported sadly that this was "the first instance in Marine history where any portion of its members turned their backs to the enemy."[94]

Congress only slightly enlarged the Marines due to the priority of the Army; and after filling detachments for the ships of the Navy (which had more than doubled in size by 1862), the Marine Corps was only able to field about one battalion at any given time as a larger force for service ashore.[95] Marines from ship's detachments as well as ad-hoc battalions took part in the landing operations necessary to capture bases for blockade duty. These were mostly successful, but on 8 September 1863, the Marines tried an amphibious landing to capture Fort Sumter in Charlestown harbor and failed, one of the few failed landings of the Marine Corps.[95] Due to a shortage of officers, the Marines of Commander George Preble's naval brigade that fought at the Battle of Honey Hill in 1864 started the battle with First Lieutenant G.G. Stoddard as the battalion commander (normally accorded a lieutenant colonel), the only officer in the battalion (the company commanders and other staff being sergeants).[96]
photograph of a man sitting upright, wearing a grey dress uniform
Confederate Marine Lt Frances H. Cameron in 1864

On 15 May 1862, the Battle of Drewry's Bluff began as a detachment of ships under Commander John Rodgers (including the USS Monitor and USS Galena) steamed up the James River to test the defenses of Richmond as part of the Peninsula Campaign. As the Galena took heavy losses, the unwavering musket and cannon fire of Corporal John F. Mackie would earn him the Medal of Honor on 10 July 1863, the first Marine to be so awarded.[101]

In January 1865, the Marines took part in the Second Battle of Fort Fisher, tasked with acting as marksmen on the flank of the attack to shoot any Confederate troops that appeared on the ramparts of the fort. Even though they were ordered from their firing positions by Admiral Porter's second in command, Porter blamed the Marines for the failure of the naval landing force to take the fort. Despite this, the fort was successfully captured; five Marines earned the Medal of Honor during the battle.[97] In all, Marines received 17 of the 1522 awards during the Civil War. A total of 148 Marines would die in the war, the most casualties up to that point.[65]
Confederate Marines

On the opposite side of the lines, the Congress of the Confederate States authorized the creation of the Confederate States Marine Corps on 16 March 1861.[100] Initially authorized at 45 officers and 944 enlisted men, the CSMC was increased to 1,026 enlisted men on 24 September 1862, but actual manpower never approached that number, maxing below 550 total. Its first and only Commandant, Colonel Lloyd J. Beall, stood the corps up in Richmond, and headquartered it at Fort Darling.[102]

The Confederate Marines, much like its progenitor, played small roles through the Civil War. Much of its service in the war was shipbound, such as the CSS Virginia's famous duel with the USS Monitor at Battle of Hampton Roads. Detachments on land guarded several naval bases, including the defense of the CSMC's headquarters at the Battle of Drewry's Bluff. One of the few notable operations included an assault on a Union prisoner of war camp at Point Lookout. Toward the end of the war, Marines were pressed for the defense of Richmond, such as the Battle of Sayler's Creek.
[close]

But how does one join the USMC?

Spoiler
Its easy, fill out the following template and send it as a PM to me.

In-game name:
What country are you from?:
Do you have Teamspeak 3?:
Do you have a microphone?:
[close]

Teamspeak

Spoiler
58.106.74.127:9987
[close]

Roster

Spoiler
Colonel George
Lt. Colonel Robin
Major Roberts
Captain Llamaman
[close]

Ranks

Spoiler
Senior Officers

Colonel
Lt. Colonel
Major
Captain

Officers

1st Lt.
2nd Lt.

Warrant Officers

Warrant Officer 1st Class
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Enlisted

1st Sgt.
Staff Sgt.
Sgt.
Corporal
Lance Corporal
Private First Class
Private
Cadet
Recruit
[close]
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 05:43:36 am by George385 »

Offline RobinPollok

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Robin
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2013, 04:51:27 am »
The 27th New York Infantry is lookuíng for members if you wish to join add pollokrobin in steam

Offline xXjeffyoungXx

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2013, 01:49:22 am »
Hi all. My name is Jeff. I am a Civil War re-enactor with the 32nd Ala. Vol. Inf. I just recently found out about this mod and I am looking for a regiment I could join. If you have any question about me or my re-enacting please feel free to ask. Thanks guys!

Offline Madbull

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_Grd_Madbull
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2013, 06:24:15 pm »
Looking for a Union infantry regiment.

Offline DennisJK76

• First Lieutenant
  • Procrastinators of this world, Unite! ..tomorrow..
    • View Profile
  • Nick: vCrausewitz
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2013, 04:30:55 pm »
Hi there!
I am looking for a Confederate Inf Regt, to join as Inv or Vol for the Saturday event. (after 8GMT/3EST should be OK for me)
There is one active event, I was there last Saturday but with the 19thME, and I wanna be a dirty rebel!

I am active in a EU-based NW Regt (as you can see below) but I would love to play this mod in LBs until the BCoF comes out.

So, reply now or PM me later.

Preferred State: Georgia, second choice: VA, NC, AL

sth about me: I am older than you, from Berlin, mature, kinda experienced so far. And generally a friendly guy :-*

*edit: I will try it with the 5th VA.
VIRGINIA! VIRGINIA! VIRGINIA!
"VIRGINIANS, WHO WILL COME WITH ME!?!"
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUHnL6R39VM[/youtube]
dunno, why its invalid, watching the video right now...
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 12:30:32 am by DennisJK76 »

”There’s class warfare, all right, […] but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning.” Warren Buffet, 2006

Offline Commander Davis

• Second Lieutenant
  • Colonel of the 5th Virginia Infantry
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2013, 12:23:40 am »

Join the 5thVA today and be part of a:
Fun Regiment,
Reasonably sized Regiment.

Add President Davis to join.
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198047285764/

Offline BSM 'Shut up' Williams

• First Lieutenant
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
  • Nick: Jean Grande
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2013, 09:03:19 pm »
Grierson's Cavalry Brigade

Early in 1863, Major General Charles Hamilton, the commander of the Corinth section of Grant's division, suggested what would eventually become Grierson's Raid. Subsequently, due to Hamilton's insistence on procuring a command that would garner him more glory, Hamilton offered his resignation. Grant quickly accepted.[3]
Up until this time in the war, Confederate cavalry commanders such as Nathan Bedford Forrest, John Hunt Morgan, and J.E.B. Stuart had ridden circles around the Union (literally, in Stuart's case; see the Peninsula Campaign), and it was time to out-do the Confederates in cavalry expeditions. The task fell to Col. Benjamin Grierson, a former music teacher who, oddly, hated horses after being kicked in the head by one as a child. Grierson's cavalry brigade consisted of the 6th and 7th Illinois and 2nd Iowa Cavalry regiments

The Famous Grierson's Raid

Grierson and his 1,700 horse troopers rode over six hundred miles through hostile territory (from southern Tennessee, through the state of Mississippi and into Union-held Baton Rouge, Louisiana), over routes no Union soldier had traveled before. They tore up railroads and burned crossties, freed slaves, burned Confederate storehouses, destroyed locomotives and commissary stores, ripped up bridges and trestles, burned buildings, and inflicted ten times the casualties they received, all while detachments of his troops made feints confusing the Confederates as to his actual whereabouts, intent and direction. Total casualties for Grierson's Brigade during the raid were three killed, seven wounded, and nine missing. Five sick and wounded men were left behind along the route, too ill to continue.
Confederate Lt. Gen. John C. Pemberton, commander of the Vicksburg garrison, was short on cavalry and could do nothing to stop Grierson.

Grierson's raiders behind enemy lines(photo take by a Confederate spy).
The premier Confederate cavalry commander, Maj. Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest, was off chasing another Union raider named Col. Abel Streight in Alabama, and thus had no opportunity to stop Grierson.
While Streight's Raid failed, occupying Forrest probably ensured the success of Grierson's Raid. Although many Confederate cavalry units pursued Grierson vigorously across the state (most notably those led by Wirt Adams and Robert V. Richardson), they were unsuccessful in stopping the raid. Grierson and his exhausted troopers ultimately rode in to Baton Rouge, Louisiana; With an entire division of Pemberton's soldiers tied up defending the vital Vicksburg-Jackson railroad from the evasive Grierson, combined with Maj. Gen. William T. Sherman's feint northeast of Vicksburg (the Battle of Snyder's Bluff), the beleaugered Confederates were unable to muster the forces necessary to oppose Grant's eventual landing on below Vicksburg the east side of the Mississippi at Bruinsburg.

Roster

Enlisted Ranks

Musician:

Private:

Corporal:

Hospital Steward:

Sergeant:

First Sergeant:

Ordnance Sergeant:

Quartermaster Sergeant:
Sergeant Major:

Officer Ranks

Second Lieutenant:

First Lieutenant:

Captain:

Major:

Lieutenant Colonel:
Colonel (In Line-Battles) and Brigadier General (In army battles): baktech (GBHS*Col*John Marlowe)

Code: Recruitment Form
[b]In Game Name:[/b]
[b]Steam Name:[/b]
[b]Country:[/b]
[b]Past Experience:[/b]
[b]Why would you like to join:[/b]

Steam Profile Signature
[close]