Poll

Do you want to bring back the position of Forum Representative?

Yes
53 (59.6%)
No.
22 (24.7%)
Indifferent.
14 (15.7%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Author Topic: Community Representative/Manager  (Read 23598 times)

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Community Representative/Manager
« Reply #120 on: February 16, 2016, 12:50:42 am »
I think you guys are getting this a bit wrong.

This is a forum for our company products, not a place to troll or banther and talk bullshit.

We assign moderators, give them rights and tell them what rules people should follow.

The main purpose is to allow the community that plays our games a nice place to discuss things including our games but also other things.

The community can not agree with the rules or the moderators or anything, but they have to accept them as they are.. they can complain about those things to the head moderator that can forward complaints to us if he deems it needed.

The idea of this project was to allow a better form of contact between the regimental community perhaps and the moderation staff.. but to have no problem with people being punished by biased regiment members it is a function without any actual moderation power like warnings or bans.
Your post is contradictory. You say this forum is for talking about the game, and then you slip in the bolded part. Unless you want to define what exactly can and cannot be talked about on this forum, un related banter is technically, according to you, allowed. You can't have it both ways, Vince.

Then, if you define it, you need someone to enforce those rules. And we all know that the enforcers need oversight from the community enforced, hence this thread. So what is your point?

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Michael Sparks

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #121 on: February 16, 2016, 12:50:54 am »
This forum is a dictatorship, it is ruled managed and owned by the company, not the people playing the game.

There it is first folks. Theres literally no point in trying. I'm done with this thread for now.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 16, 2016, 12:53:06 am »
This forum is a dictatorship, it is ruled managed and owned by the company, not the people playing the game.

There it is first folks. Theres literally no point in trying. I'm done with this thread for now.

You accepted this fact the minute you signed on to this forum.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
  • Side: Union
« Reply #123 on: February 16, 2016, 12:53:33 am »
Sure why not

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Michael Sparks

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 16, 2016, 12:53:59 am »

You accepted this fact the minute you signed on to this forum.

I'll be done after this post

Change your first rule to state it's a dictatorship then, then state you clearly don't care about players thoughts or opinions?

Offline Kaasovic

• Donator
  • * and Obelix
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Anonymous
« Reply #125 on: February 16, 2016, 12:55:05 am »
I think you guys are getting this a bit wrong.

This is a forum for our company products, not a place to troll or banther and talk bullshit.

We assign moderators, give them rights and tell them what rules people should follow.

The main purpose is to allow the community that plays our games a nice safe friendly place to discuss things including our games but also other things.

The community could not agree with the rules or the moderators or anything, but they have to accept them as they are..
They can complain about those things to the head moderator that can forward complaints to us if he deems it needed.

The idea for this project was Duuring himself, he said it would bring the community closer to the moderator staff, so it was an attempt by him to make it better.

The idea of this project was to allow a better form of contact between the regimental community perhaps and the moderation staff.. but to have no problem with people being punished by biased regiment members it is a function without any actual moderation power like warnings or bans.

Okay people we are clearly not allowed to have fun in this COMMUNITY. Even if this is a forum for your "products" (lol) there should still be a place for fun aka the mess hall you created, or have you forget about that? The only thing that makes me return to this forum day in, day out, is the banter you can have with this COMMUNITY
Developer of NordInvasion. Hi mum.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 16, 2016, 12:55:18 am »
But we do. Caring about their thoughts and opinions is not the same time as doing as they please or even agreeing with them.

Norwegian13

« Reply #127 on: February 16, 2016, 12:56:01 am »

you can appeal a warning to the staff always through contacting them on steam.

The community should still have a voice in what's going to happen with the forums etc.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 16, 2016, 12:57:35 am »
They do. I spend most of my time talking to people and performing requested actions. You're free to PM me with grievances, or post them here. You never did.

Offline Kaasovic

• Donator
  • * and Obelix
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 16, 2016, 12:58:18 am »

HHAHAHHAHA forum managed and owned by the company, good to know mods get paid, hence why duuring wont leave

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 16, 2016, 12:58:50 am »
I'm not paid.

Offline Kaasovic

• Donator
  • * and Obelix
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 16, 2016, 12:59:54 am »
Sarcasm, a main feature that the staff won't/don't understand

Norwegian13

« Reply #132 on: February 16, 2016, 01:00:12 am »

They do. I spend most of my time talking to people and performing requested actions. You're free to PM me with grievances, or post them here. You never did.

I did write what I think about the current moderation team on here and what I think should be done. (cleanup of the inactive mods, and replace them with active mods to make a more effective moderation team)

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 16, 2016, 01:01:37 am »
Which is not a solution.

I make an attempt at providing the Community with a new way to choose their own representative to the Moderation Team, and like three pages in people are calling in for my resignation. And yet you people are pissed that we don't listen to the community.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 01:04:36 am by Duuring »

Offline Michael Sparks

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 16, 2016, 01:05:51 am »
Which is not a solution.

I make an attempt at providing the Community with a new way to choose their own representative to the Moderation Team, and like three pages in people are calling in for my resignation. And yet you people are pissed that we don't listen to the community.

Because you've literally not been constructive at all with everything you've posted said far. You admitted a few posts back that you all don't give a fuck with what we say, so what are we meant to think/do???