Author Topic: The 42nd Ohio Infantry ~Recruiting~ (NA/EU)  (Read 2355 times)

Offline LagGaming

• Private
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Union Brigade 55thIL Col. Lag
  • Side: Union
The 42nd Ohio Infantry ~Recruiting~ (NA/EU)
« on: November 25, 2015, 09:09:18 pm »
The 42nd Ohio

History
Forty-second Infantry. Cols., James A. Garfield, Lionel A. Sheldon; Lieut.-Col., Don A. Pardee; Majs., Frederick A. Williams, William H. Williams. This regiment was organized at Camp Chase, in Sept., Oct. and Nov., 1861, to serve for three years. On Dec. 15 it moved by railroad to Cincinnati and thence by steamer up the Ohio river to Catlettsburg, Ky., where it arrived the morning of the 17th. It participated in the battle of Middle creek, Ky. ; engaged in several expeditions against guerrillas ; led the advance against the defenses of Vicksburg in December ; also led the advance at Fort Hindman, where, soon after getting fairly under fire, the enemy surrendered. It was engaged at Champion's hill and Big Black River bridge, but the loss was comparatively slight. It participated in the charges on the works at Vicksburg, the division of which it was a part holding an advanced position in the 13th corps. In these assaults the regiment lost heavily, especially on May 22. After the surrender of Vicksburg the regiment marched to Jackson, participated in the reduction of that place and then returned to Vicksburg, where it remained until ordered to the Department of the Gulf. The remainder of its term of service was spent in Louisiana and the regiment was mustered out at different dates.

RANKS
Spoiler
[close]

ROSTER
Spoiler
Col. LagGaming
Sgt. Mike(Dip)
Pfc. Ilusionista
[close]

Message From the Colonel
Hello there, I am LagGaming. Some of you may know me from in-game. Recently I left the Army of the Potomac to make my regiment free and independent. Now i ask anyone who is interested in joining a regiment to please please please consider this one. So far i have only two active members. We desperately need more in order for this regiment to continue. We are really laid-back and always have a great time together, we don't bite  :D
But seriously consider my proposal. Add me on steam if you're wanting to join us https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198062168150
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 09:22:21 pm by LagGaming »
Member of the Union Brigade

Offline Wolfster

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 44th best th
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: The 42nd Ohio Infantry
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 09:11:41 pm »
interesting k

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: The 42nd Ohio Infantry
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 11:28:34 pm »

Offline 13thVT Col_Cago

• Volunteer
  • War War Never Changes
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: The 42nd Ohio Infantry ~Recruiting~ (NA/EU)
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2015, 03:06:00 am »
Welcome to the UA from the 13thVT always good to see another NA UB regiment best of luck

Offline Filkins

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The 42nd Ohio Infantry ~Recruiting~ (NA/EU)
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2015, 12:33:18 am »
Good Luck