Author Topic: The Community. What is it to you?  (Read 7931 times)

Offline Frederickson

• First Lieutenant
  • "La Garde meurt, mais ne se rend pas."
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 2de_Lt_Frederickson
  • Side: Confederacy
The Community. What is it to you?
« on: January 28, 2013, 07:22:16 pm »
What is the community in your eyes? who does it contain? who does it exclude?

In my eyes the community is everyone who plays NW and interacts with more than just members of their own regiment.
This includes EVERYONE who enjoys the forums and keeps up on current issues.
THIS INCLUDES the trolls. the trolls are WITHIN the community, they are the BAD part of the community but they are still part of it.

Use this thread to discuss in a mature and professional manner what this community means to you, and what it is in your eyes.

Offline Van_Hulstein

• Captain
  • Orangist and very proud ex-33rd Lieutenant.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: NL_VanHulstein
Re: The Community. What is it to you?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 07:22:42 pm »
Its good to me as it is now
Nunc aut nunquam

Offline Frederickson

• First Lieutenant
  • "La Garde meurt, mais ne se rend pas."
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 2de_Lt_Frederickson
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 07:24:57 pm »
Its good to me as it is now

To restate this thread is not about any change, it is to gauge how people view the community and different opinions.

Offline Wodan All Father

• Corporal
  • To Valhalla
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 07:55:08 pm »
I don't really talk with that many other regiments but I would say you have it there Fred the community is everyone really 8) even the people some of us may not like hehe

Offline Deofuta

• Captain
  • 1stEPI_Fw_Deofuta
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 08:31:33 pm »
1. Do you own Napoleonic Wars?

If Yes, welcome to the Community!

If No, purchase the damned thing, then welcome to the Community!

Offline TORN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TORN
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 08:36:34 pm »
Community = Everyone who has and plays the game.

Offline Nano

• Alpha Tester
  • Community Anti-Cheerleader. Official Victim.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nano
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2013, 10:06:44 pm »
To me, the community is the place i come to watch and eat popcorn as new fresh drama erupts from the regimental mountain springs
Quote from: Aldemar
the Nr24 has 91 trolls and Hekko is the troll mother

Offline Xeroth

• Donator
  • 3E GOD TIER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2013, 10:12:03 pm »
Community = people who take interest in the community
A melee competant 6th Season NWL Champ
Karth are we still jealous of your reg?

Offline TORN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TORN
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2013, 10:12:41 pm »
To me, the community is the place i come to watch and eat popcorn as new fresh drama erupts from the regimental mountain springs
God Napoleon I love you

Offline Blobmania

• Major
  • Damn Sexy.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Blobmania
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2013, 10:15:30 pm »
To me, the community is everyone I dislike who also happens to own NW. Everyone I do like gets the title "Acquaintances".
Spoiler
[close]

If a cat sits in a box in the woods and no-one is around to hear it, is it alive?

Offline Xeroth

• Donator
  • 3E GOD TIER
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2013, 10:17:21 pm »
To me the community is Xeroth, since I only love him.

Surprised kitten.
Spoiler
[close]
A melee competant 6th Season NWL Champ
Karth are we still jealous of your reg?

Offline Coconut

• Colonel
  • "Just do a headbob" - DarthJezus 2012
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Coconut
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2013, 10:19:33 pm »
Anyone who chooses to hold everything with open hands
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 10:21:55 pm by Coconut »

Offline Kator Viridian

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2013, 10:23:19 pm »
Which community?

There is a Game community, there is a clan community.

Obviously the respective need the thing that is in their name (game or clan ...)

Offline 17th_Bern

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 17th_Rgl_Bern
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2013, 10:49:26 pm »
id like to work around this one a lil if u'll let me :)

what should the community be to me?

it should be a place where regiments can talk freely and openly together and bigger plans then simple lbs discussed. it should be a place for discussion growth and development of both players and the game. and it should be a place for people to not only voice their views but to also have them constructively criticised.

what IS the community to me?

From what ive seen as an ex-51st and a current 17th i can say that the community has recently reached an all time low. ive been playing since MM. i have throughout my time here not joined said community through these forums because i didnt see the need at the time. but now? now our communties development is crucialy important especially when we have so much "drama" going on. Its important to remember exactly what is at stake here. its not just some online argument over e-penis size. its not quick everyone scramble lets see how much power we can get or how much can we push the boundaries / limits. its far more important. some players here and regimental leaderships are vying for radical change. they want to see a very specific turn of events. some people are thinking more on a simple line of just bettering the community whereas some ppl are seethrough as glass. some people just want to get more power and force an unstable situation where they themselves will control majority control within the community.

some of the stuff i have seen recently makes me sick. some of it is childish, and some of it petty. underneath this aggresive approach you can find some truths. some things that actually need to be addressed. however there isnt as much truths as there are exaggerations and there are far too many so called positive community members being way to happy not only turning against the devs and the admins, but also turning against fellow community members. i have seen old community members who in the past where great, confident and friendly members, people who in the past where respected because they were nice guys. these ppl have changed. and this only prooves it. there is far too much of "Its my right to..." "or they cant do..." and not enough "well maybe they have reasons" and "perhaps i should just look at all the evidence before jumping onto a bandwagon led by influential people".

Its time we all do a little growing up. and tbh just take it down a few steps, you could continue harrassing the devs and admins about a molehill turned into mountain. or we could all get on with it, be happy for the unbans etc that occured and just be thankful for the game we all play that they have worked so damn hard on. a game that has had many contributers working just because they wanted to support the community. oh and ofc, lets not forget the BCoF coming soon. and remember that all this will have taken valuable time and energy from the team to deal with it. slowing down its production. unless ofc you dont want to see BCoF.

anyways kinda went off track there but you get the msg. i like the community as a rule we dont have too many bad eggs. but at the same time we shouldn't stoop this low, we need to take a step back and calm for a few days then when this aggro and adrenaline fueled drive goes and we can all think clearly i think you'll find it will come to better fruition.

also to answer the thread with its intended answer

the community is everyone who plays the game from the lowest rct who just got the game all the way to the Col whose been playing since beta testing and knows the game like the wrinkles on his arse.

the community is for me a great force of players attesting to the strength and quality of not only the game but the regiments within the game :)
ALL shall FEAR the DIRT CANNONNEERS!

I make videos. its splendid go search the 17thfoot in youtube http://www.youtube.com/17thfoot

Offline Blobmania

• Major
  • Damn Sexy.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Blobmania
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2013, 10:51:00 pm »
Or in your case, the reformed regiment member who knows NW as well as he knows the wrinkles on other men's arses.

Spoiler
::)
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

If a cat sits in a box in the woods and no-one is around to hear it, is it alive?