Author Topic: North American Napoleonic Wars League [Season 5] STARTS 8/16  (Read 164299 times)

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: North American Napoleonic Wars League [Season 5] STARTS 8/16
« Reply #525 on: August 30, 2015, 09:12:18 pm »
79th vs 34e 8est We need a Ref

Offline BillTheButcher

• First Lieutenant
  • King Of NW
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #526 on: August 30, 2015, 10:31:48 pm »
Still waiting on your decision cheesy. you said you would speak with me and Lawbringer today...you can quit dodging us now
Seems kind of odd that it would take you almost a month to decide on this.

Offline TheRedRedcoat

• First Lieutenant
  • uhh
    • View Profile
  • Nick: u
  • Side: Union
« Reply #527 on: August 30, 2015, 10:36:18 pm »
Spoiler
I want some judgement on this. This was an unofficial 1v1 (thank god) but this could be interpreted in so many ways. Basically our line was running up to volley them with a good angle (angle showing that the intention was to form a line and not to immediately charge but giving us the option to charge if we liked), the line was a bit clumped however. They thought we were charging and our officer dies. It only really looks like a charge until AFTER the officer dies. I'll also note that we have been doing these point blank volleys the entire event. This caused a huge debate within the 1v1. Now you might think this "well he switched to melee before the officer died, therefore the intention was a charge" but the reason is because i often switch back and forth from melee to shooting in 1v1s when i'm bored and nothing is happening (whether you believe me or not is up to you). The question then is this, if you were referee of this event, how would you call it? From my perspective it was OA, from their perspective it was a charge and therefore valid (even though they had a slight FoC). This is just one of those weird moments where the call could go either way and you may never be sure that it was the right call.

[close]
Hard to say from the footage shown. It does look like a charge since the entire line turns toward the enemy. Granted you could have called for a reform again, but if it looks like a charge and is that close, then a referee cannot be blamed for not calling it OA. Still, hard to tell from that rankers perspective. An overhead would have been more useful I suppose. Had the line been further away it would have been OA. A difficult call but one in which I would say: If in doubt don't punish.
thank you for your input :)

Jackie's right, you don't get a great view from that particular ranker. Imo it looks like a pretty clear charge. You switched to melee, your entire line turned, and the guy on the far right started serpentining to avoid getting shot. You said that you switch to melee when you're bored, but I don't think you'd do that in a high pressure situation when you're about to volley. If your intention was a point blank volley, I don't see why you would switch to melee. Just my thoughts.

Offline maccle

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ihaveaslightlybelowadveragepenis
« Reply #528 on: August 30, 2015, 11:33:25 pm »
Spoiler
I want some judgement on this. This was an unofficial 1v1 (thank god) but this could be interpreted in so many ways. Basically our line was running up to volley them with a good angle (angle showing that the intention was to form a line and not to immediately charge but giving us the option to charge if we liked), the line was a bit clumped however. They thought we were charging and our officer dies. It only really looks like a charge until AFTER the officer dies. I'll also note that we have been doing these point blank volleys the entire event. This caused a huge debate within the 1v1. Now you might think this "well he switched to melee before the officer died, therefore the intention was a charge" but the reason is because i often switch back and forth from melee to shooting in 1v1s when i'm bored and nothing is happening (whether you believe me or not is up to you). The question then is this, if you were referee of this event, how would you call it? From my perspective it was OA, from their perspective it was a charge and therefore valid (even though they had a slight FoC). This is just one of those weird moments where the call could go either way and you may never be sure that it was the right call.

[close]
Hard to say from the footage shown. It does look like a charge since the entire line turns toward the enemy. Granted you could have called for a reform again, but if it looks like a charge and is that close, then a referee cannot be blamed for not calling it OA. Still, hard to tell from that rankers perspective. An overhead would have been more useful I suppose. Had the line been further away it would have been OA. A difficult call but one in which I would say: If in doubt don't punish.

Jackie, can you rape cheeseypants into submission so he unbans me :'(
huh

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: August 31, 2015, 02:00:04 am »
We Need More Refs in This lEague

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #530 on: August 31, 2015, 02:20:27 am »
We Need More Refs in This lEague
#nickcoleforef2015
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
« Reply #531 on: August 31, 2015, 02:37:37 am »
To bad several ref apps were completely ignored. ::)

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Che Guevara's American Cousin
  • Donator
  • Ex-NANWL Moderator | #RemoveAussies
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gluk The Walrus
« Reply #532 on: August 31, 2015, 02:44:27 am »
58e 8 - 2 45e GG

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #533 on: August 31, 2015, 02:44:52 am »
PSG 8 - 2 4th

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: August 31, 2015, 02:53:46 am »
34 5 - 5 79th

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #535 on: August 31, 2015, 03:01:35 am »
Luckily it seemed all the matches went well despite the lack of referees, good job with that

ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #536 on: August 31, 2015, 03:26:51 am »

NANWL Season 5

Week 3

League 1
63e vs LIR
71st vs 4th
58e vs 34e
PSG vs 79th
2ySG have free
45e have free

Deadline Sunday September 6th

http://bracketcloud.com/tournament/37421

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #537 on: August 31, 2015, 03:29:40 am »
Remember, I am a ref.. feel free to ask me

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline BillTheButcher

• First Lieutenant
  • King Of NW
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: August 31, 2015, 04:08:32 am »
Hope it makes you feel like a big guy keeping people from having fun on a GAME cheesey...you insignificant cheeseball. Some of you clowns take this shit way too seriously

Offline cheeseypants

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st_Col_Cheeseypants
« Reply #539 on: August 31, 2015, 04:33:49 am »
You lied to my face.

But I'll just let bill be bill.
Leader of the 71st