Author Topic: North American Napoleonic Wars League [Season 5] STARTS 8/16  (Read 163850 times)

Lawbringer

Re: North American Napoleonic Wars League [Season 5] STARTS 8/16
« Reply #1140 on: October 24, 2015, 04:48:50 am »
You aren't forced to balance numbers, but it is a vast shame that a regiment as large as the 63e would purposely not play as many players as they can.

Your fedora wearing skills are far more vast than mine.

NWL now a 10v10 league

Offline PJ

• Colonel
  • Beneath the gold, the bitter steel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: PJ
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1141 on: October 24, 2015, 04:56:29 am »
You aren't forced to balance numbers, but it is a vast shame that a regiment as large as the 63e would purposely not play as many players as they can.

NWL now a 10v10 league

good meme
Spoiler
[close]
A year of underdogs

Offline Commander Bondage

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Don Bonleone
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1142 on: October 24, 2015, 04:57:20 am »
Fear not, now that the 1stFL has returned, our lines will constitute of 100 members each.
Tears and screams of pain and pleasure our gifts we will share forever
*President of the Heartkeeper's club*Chairman of the Good Boys board*

Offline Offizer

• Second Lieutenant
  • what is this game?
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #1143 on: October 24, 2015, 04:59:10 am »
Spoiler

NWL now a 10v10 league
[close]

I don't think you understand is all, and I am actually not going to bother to explain.

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
« Reply #1144 on: October 24, 2015, 05:06:09 am »
Spoiler
Read my 1st post on thread page 58 for an explanation of how things go.

I don't recall ever telling anyone how many we 'plan' to bring; as I have stated previously, I tend to ask how many the other regiment has before the event so we may match their numbers (+1, usually). That being said, I don't even know how many 'plan' on even coming, but I sure not going to make anyone come that doesn't want to and/or not required to if we're under numbers. Average attendance on weekends is ~70, doesn't mean I am going to bring all 70 obviously. I'm not even including some of our EU side that want to join in too. However, I will say that we did learn from previous seasons that anything over 25 has tend to make things much less manageable, like having 50 v 50 (or whatever it was) against Stox and the 54th. We really didn't like doing that.

Make sure to at least try and post statements/opinions/whatever with facts, or some type of evidence; tends to make things much less arguable and more sensible.

How are lines over 25 not manageable? The only thing that happens in lines is they follow you when you say follow, stop when you say stop, shoot when you say shoot, and charge when you say charge.
[close]

A few seasons ago (whenever the 54th was actually around), we (due to Karth's suggestion) decided that 50 v 50's in NWL with two lines was literally too much. So it was better off for us to just field one line of 25 instead of two lines of 50. Honestly, it shouldn't be a big deal, as it only applied to regiments that brought over 30 in NWLs. Personally, I think a 30-man line is a little too large, and would prefer to do 20 or 25. Secondly, we really like to have the luxury of having volunteered extras to swap in/out when we can if need be. As far as I know, if we would only field 11, but bring 30, that would be an issue maybe. Not against the rules, but slightly unfair. However, I don't see any issue of bringing only 25 even if our opponent brought more. Once again, I cannot guarantee we'll be able to bring 30 to the NWL, as well as the fact thatI will not force anyone to come just to balance to our opponents' numbers.

Edit: In my opinion this shouldn't actually even apply to any of the current regiments in the NWL, so I don't know what the issue is here, unless a regiment brings 40-50 there should not be an issue.

I dont see how you could force anyone to come if they did not want to really. What are you gonna do, visit them in real life and stab them if they dont come?

You really dont seem to get the point we are making. We are talking about limiting the number of people you are bringing/playing. You should bring everyone who is able and willing to the linebattle. If you cant get 30 willing people, so be it, but you should not be limiting the number of people you bring/play to a specific number such as 25 to get some sort of tactical advantage or whatnot. With a regiment as large as yours, I would be willing to bet a large sum of money that you could find 30+ players who would love to do a competitive linebattle, so I dont see why you cant just match the 91st.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 05:09:12 am by AP0CALYPS3 »

Offline Offizer

• Second Lieutenant
  • what is this game?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: October 24, 2015, 05:13:16 am »
Honestly, not as many as you think in our regiment. Most of our members aren't dedicated to the competitiveness; the majority of our regiment will survive without 1v1s. I have no issue matching numbers, I just cannot guarantee it.

Out of the 50 we got today, we brought 15 or so to the NWL, and asked for anyone who was interested in our regiment to feel free to attend.

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: October 24, 2015, 05:21:54 am »
Well, you just said average attendance to your events on weekends is ~70, so I think I have a perfect idea of just how big your regiment is. Because of this large attendance, I would be very surprised if over half those people declined a competitive linebattle. As I said earlier, I would be willing to bet my college education that you could get over 30 willing people to come to a 1v1 linebattle if you scheduled it right and planned it so people could attend.

Offline Offizer

• Second Lieutenant
  • what is this game?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: October 24, 2015, 05:26:48 am »
I am just as surprised as you, I don't know what else to tell you. Not that many people want to attend unless they're a guard/veteran fusilier.

We've done 1v1s on sundays, our average att. was ~70 and for the NWL there was 20-25. Simple.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 05:28:32 am by Offizer »

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: October 24, 2015, 05:30:21 am »
Then I am very surprised and disappointed, but at least you are being fair and honest.

Offline Offizer

• Second Lieutenant
  • what is this game?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: October 24, 2015, 06:30:58 am »
I'd say . . . How many non-competetitive/non-1v1 events does the 91st attend out of a week? Also, how many of the members of the 91st prefer competitive 1v1's over regular linebattle events? I'd compare the general consensus of those answers between a regiment like ourselves, and a regiment like yours. Then, what I am claiming would probably make much more sense.

Suns

« Reply #1150 on: October 24, 2015, 06:44:19 am »
Well, you just said average attendance to your events on weekends is ~70, so I think I have a perfect idea of just how big your regiment is. Because of this large attendance, I would be very surprised if over half those people declined a competitive linebattle. As I said earlier, I would be willing to bet my college education that you could get over 30 willing people to come to a 1v1 linebattle if you scheduled it right and planned it so people could attend.

Many of the people in the 63e attendance are people not even in the competitive community whatsoever, or have any clue what the point of it is. The NWL is entirely volunteers, that is why the line isn't as big as our overall regiment. Nonetheless, we cannot take many people as we would like, as it shortens the numbers of the companies and their numbers in events other than NWL. (Lbs, Sieges, etc.)

Offline Christopher

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just another plebian
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1151 on: October 24, 2015, 06:47:42 am »
So...... To chill things out a bit.... Who wants to take bets on this Sunday's 1v1?

I bet 50 memes that someone will lose ;)

Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 07:03:50 am by Christopher »
“It is the way of the Guard. We stay as long as we can. Fight as hard as we can. Kill as much as we can. Only when we can do no more do we move on.”
"La garde meurt mais ne se rend pas! (Translation: The guard dies but does not surrender!)"

Wisconsin best state of Sin

Offline Ryner

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: October 24, 2015, 06:53:00 am »
So...... To chill things out a bit.... Who wants to take bets on this Sunday's 1v1?

I bet 50 memes that someone will lose ;)

I'd love to come and rek but I have an all day regatta in Philly  :'(

Lawbringer

« Reply #1153 on: October 24, 2015, 07:58:09 am »
So it begins, the 91st vs the 63e carried by the 71st

now that they joined 63e you should be able to bring 30 no? :^)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 08:26:08 am by Lawbringer »

Offline Ryner

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: October 24, 2015, 09:08:06 am »
Why do people always have to try to start shit?   :-\

Can we just get through a few pages before anyone else decides they want to post anymore inflammatory remarks?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 09:12:56 am by Ryner »