Author Topic: Persistent World Event! 4/11/15 5Pst/8est (OPEN TO EVERYONE)  (Read 5886 times)

Offline AmishShogun

• Private
    • View Profile
Persistent World Event! 4/11/15 5Pst/8est (OPEN TO EVERYONE)
« on: April 05, 2015, 09:31:08 pm »
Welcome Everyone

Greetings,
The Knights of the Awkwardly Squarish Round Table(Yes that is our name) will be hosting a Persistent World event on 4/11/15 5Pst/8est.
This event is meant to last around an hour and a half plus. The end of the event is when there is one victor...(Will be explained later...) 

Overall Information about event
The event will be centered around the struggle of two factions fighting for control of the world. The theme is Red verses Blue (England Vs. France for example, doesn't really matter. This will be a single day event, while there will be more planned in the future, we are not sure if we want to host it every Sunday as it will be on our public PW server. This will be our first event on this server. It has not been stressed tested with actual people, only bots so complication with lag can arise like every other server. This is planned to be an ORGANIZED 100 vs 100 man event. This will be as if it was real life. One King/Queen per Faction.

How the Event will be set up.(Rules)
THIS IS A REENACTMENT ROLEPLAYISH EVENT!

Single players can join, you do not have to be associated with any clan!!! (Read Below for information)

Each side will be given thirty minutes to an hour to do whatever they want (Basically Gather gold and get ready for non stop war..)

Each King will start with about 100k? Plus the two thousand each player starts with.

During the thirty minutes to an hour grace time there will be absolutely no killing. Everyone is at peace, Gather at will. Construct at will, Get ready to survive at will.

All players will be in "OUR"  Teamspeak server no exceptions! This is so its easier to talk to everyone as a whole as to be sure we are on the same page. If you do not like this rule. Dont come.

Server password will only be handed out on Teamspeak.

Players must keep their in game and and Teamspeak name the same. Sorry but again for Organize purposes.

Your Kings voice is law. He will do with his Faction as he wishes. I will make sure he is not apart of any Clans/Regiments/Communities to help stop favorites from happening.

During the first thirty to an hour Kings have the job of assigning jobs to everyone and creating some type of organized rank structure for their faction. They are allowed and will be able to assign you jobs for the beginning grace period(Farming, Mining.. Etc..) After the grace period they cannot force you to farm (You might run out of resources and gold if you do stop.....) but the can still order you to do what ever he pleases (Patrolling, assaulting a castle Etc...)

During the grace period players will be allowed to talk freely in teamspeak, but after the grace period the only form of communication is though local chat in game to keep it more realistic. You better use your time wisely planning and whatnot ;) (I will put on talk power in the channels)

This will require teamwork and cooperation between players on your team. Dont be a dick. Have fun!

Again, this is meant to reenact the Medieval Ages or what not. This is meant to be as realistic as possible.

Positions Available

Admins(2-4)-
The job of the admin on a faction is to make sure that Faction chat(Remember Local Chat Only. is not being used and that there are not team wounders or some type of rule breaker. They will not be participating in on the event themselves, only watching while invisible..

King/Qeeen(2)
The job of the King or Queen is to Rule their faction. To be a King or Queen You cannot and will not be connected to any group in the event. You must have experience with game itself. You must be a multitasker  :).

Youtuber (1-2)

I would like 1/2 people who can record the whole event, Preferably one recorder on each side so when the event is over, we can view what happened on both sides and we(everyone) can learn for future events. Videos will be uploaded to my Youtube channel as well as my own.

How to Apply for a position or apply as a group(Regiment, Clan, Community)
If you want to join this event and you are not associated with a clan/group/community, you only have to be in the teamspeak before the event starts.

If you want to join this event as a clan/group/community, you have to add me on steam and tell me your numbers as so I can try and get balancing out of the way before the event starts so you can have the opportunity to play with your friends. You must add me on steam!

If you want to join as an admin/King/Queen/Youtuber, You must add me on steam and we shall talk :)

My steam - https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044642784

The Teamspeak we shall be using!
amishshogunate.clanwarz.wtf

This shall be updated/Revised as the week goes on. Every thing is subject to change and editing as the week goes on!

Current Groups signed up
Knights of the Awkwardly Squarish Round Table (Around 10 players as of now)
Kingdom Of Divine (25ish Players)

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Persistent World Event! 4/11/15 5Pst/8est (OPEN TO EVERYONE)
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 09:41:28 pm »
Well its in a new area now

Offline AmishShogun

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2015, 10:34:48 pm »
Yeah :(

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Che Guevara's American Cousin
  • Donator
  • Ex-NANWL Moderator | #RemoveAussies
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gluk The Walrus
  • Side: Union
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 12:16:26 am »
Still in the Napoleonic Wars section -_-

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2015, 02:04:23 am »
Sssssh its ok

Offline Christopher

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just another plebian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2015, 02:42:02 am »
Not sure why everyones getting so butt-hurt about it ::) There have been events for mods other than Napoleonic Wars in the NW section before and no- one said a word about it. But now that someone else does it for PW everyones up in arms ???
“It is the way of the Guard. We stay as long as we can. Fight as hard as we can. Kill as much as we can. Only when we can do no more do we move on.”
"La garde meurt mais ne se rend pas! (Translation: The guard dies but does not surrender!)"

Wisconsin best state of Sin

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2015, 03:44:17 am »
OCD
<3

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2015, 04:27:50 am »
Not sure why everyones getting so butt-hurt about it ::) There have been events for mods other than Napoleonic Wars in the NW section before and no- one said a word about it. But now that someone else does it for PW everyones up in arms ???
Its because a lot of people look down on PW as full of trolls and sweaty tryhards

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2015, 04:37:28 am »
Mods that are similar to or are an actual mod of NW are fine in my opinion. But PW has nothing to do with NW and is not similar at all. Its a completely different module. No one is going to be interested in this event here because it's not a line battle type event.

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2015, 05:16:57 am »
Mods that are similar to or are an actual mod of NW are fine in my opinion. But PW has nothing to do with NW and is not similar at all. Its a completely different module. No one is going to be interested in this event here because it's not a line battle type event.
Gluk would you allow an RP NW event?

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2015, 05:52:14 am »
Of course i would, thats an event for NW.

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2015, 05:56:15 am »
Of course i would, thats an event for NW.
gud

Offline AmishShogun

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2015, 06:26:01 am »
Gluk says its not related to NW in anyway. I raise him the fact that its biased from Warband and it has melee :)

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2015, 06:35:09 am »
Gluk says its not related to NW in anyway. I raise him the fact that its biased from Warband and it has melee :)
Does it have guns and shooting? Does it have line battles? How about cannons? Im talking about mods like north and south, blood and iron, and anglo-zulu.

Offline AmishShogun

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2015, 06:40:22 am »
It has linebattes, have you experienced native Linebattles? They are pretty epic, I ran them before :). Same Concept in PW :D