Author Topic: Crimean war (1854-1855) mod  (Read 144266 times)

Offline Ivkolya

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ivkolya
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Crimean war (1854-1855) mod
« Reply #285 on: March 11, 2017, 09:26:27 pm »
Thank you!
Now I'm working on the Malakhoff Tower scene and trying to fix some issues via module system, so there are no new screenshots yet, but the work goes on:)

Here is a couple of screemshots of work in progress (showing some of issues, which I'm trying to fix)

Offline Ukima

• Corporal
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
  • Nick: 32nd_Sjt_Ukima
« Reply #286 on: March 17, 2017, 04:37:27 pm »
I just noticed the French seem to be carrying flintlock muskets in your latest screens. Did you already add Minié Rifles or are you still working on that? Nice work btw! The uniforms look stunning!

Offline Ivkolya

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 17, 2017, 07:54:07 pm »
Thanks!
I'm working on uniforms and on scene props for now, I didn't work on weapons yet:) But I hope I'll make weapons soon:)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 10:53:48 pm by Ivkolya »

Offline 32nd_Rct_Schinider

• Sergeant Major
  • 32nd_Rct_Schindier At yer service sir!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 32ndte_Rct_Schinider.5thVa
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #288 on: June 26, 2017, 06:15:06 pm »
Thank you!
Now I'm working on the Malakhoff Tower scene and trying to fix some issues via module system, so there are no new screenshots yet, but the work goes on:)

Here is a couple of screemshots of work in progress (showing some of issues, which I'm trying to fix)

Bravo! Bravo! very good job! say, will you add Ingermanlaand Laandski Hussars who were at Balaclava?

Offline Phillyz

• Colonel
  • Art & Graphics Person.
    • View Profile
    • Neptune Designs
  • Nick: Philly
« Reply #289 on: June 27, 2017, 01:35:26 pm »
These French line infantry look good!

Keep the work up! :)

Offline Ivkolya

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 17, 2017, 11:33:25 am »
Thank you for your nice answers:)

Bravo! Bravo! very good job! say, will you add Ingermanlaand Laandski Hussars who were at Balaclava?
I don't know yet, because I've already added Kievski Hussars (since I live in Kiev, they are more interesting for me:)), they also were at Balaclava and Alma, and they wore similar uniform as Ingermanlandski Hussars except for regimental colors. So even if I won't add Ingermanlandski Hussars

Spoiler
Kiev Hussars

These are my early uniforms, I didn't know much then, so I'll make some changes in all Russian uniforms later.

[close]

BTW, work continues (as quickly as I can), but now I have much less time for modding, and I had many times to alter my Malakoff Tower defences scene prop, which will be base for other scene props of fortifications, that's why it's so important and so hard to finish - there is always something I don't like, but for now I like my result and I need just finish this work and just pray I don't alter it any further :) When I'll finish Malakoff Tower defences and place it on scene, I'll continue making uniforms and polishing existing ones.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 11:51:17 am by Ivkolya »

Offline thepenguin

• Sergeant Major
  • Voor God en Vaderland!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jan_Pieterszoon_Coen
  • Side: Union
« Reply #291 on: September 16, 2017, 04:05:29 pm »
Hope it'll be released somewhere in this month.

Offline Knightmare

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 16, 2017, 07:44:45 pm »
Hope it'll be released somewhere in this month.
It's not being worked on if there hasn't been any progress since 3-4 months xD.

Offline thepenguin

• Sergeant Major
  • Voor God en Vaderland!
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 16, 2017, 08:21:00 pm »
Someone might aswell grab this and then continue it.

Offline thepenguin

• Sergeant Major
  • Voor God en Vaderland!
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 30, 2017, 02:56:59 pm »
Alright, it's confirmed dead.

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 30, 2017, 09:05:48 pm »
Dont double fucking post, and if Ivkolya havent make any statement, dont assume its dead, maybe its slow progress or whatever, but dont start claiming it's dead.

Offline thepenguin

• Sergeant Major
  • Voor God en Vaderland!
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 30, 2017, 10:08:13 pm »
You fool, if it was slow progress, he would've kept us up to date, think twice before posting, smartass.

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 01, 2017, 12:19:48 am »
" BTW, work continues (as quickly as I can), but now I have much less time for modding, and I had many times to alter my Malakoff Tower defences scene prop, which will be base for other scene props of fortifications, that's why it's so important and so hard to finish - there is always something I don't like, but for now I like my result and I need just finish this work and just pray I don't alter it any further :) When I'll finish Malakoff Tower defences and place it on scene, I'll continue making uniforms and polishing existing ones."
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 11:51:17 am by Ivkolya »

Offline Ivkolya

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 04, 2017, 08:08:23 am »
Hello all, sorry for not not answering - somewhy there were no notifications via email.
And sorry for not updating this thread for some time - I'm working alone and you can imagine, how slowly progress goes.

Work continues, I try to find time for modding every day, but unfortunatelly it is not always possible. And of course I'll not abandon this mod :)
Currently I continue work on Malakoff Tower defences scene prop, it is ready (I showed screenshots couple of times, but it was first (after 4 or 5 times remaking it almost from scratch with new ideas and principles) one scene prop, indestructible and big, so there couldn't be any LODs (and with all that gabions it has many-many poligons). So now I must disassemble this whole thing and make every embrasure (luckily it is enough to make just 203 types of them), every merlon (part of wall of fortification between two embrasures) and every traverse (raised mounds of earth designed to defilade the interior spaces of field works and to limit the area effected by explosions occurring within gun positions) as separate destroyable object with LODs (and I must make every object independant, so there were no empty spases. Currently I finished more than half of them, all what's left is to correct deficiencies and export them. And you must understand, that I've never done this before, so sometimes after big part of work I see flaws or better way to make it, so I must remake that work in new way, so in the future all new stuff to make in that new way. For now I have results that satisfy me, so I hope I won't remake something in the future. And also this is important work, because I can use that merlons, traverses and embrasures in other scenes, so in the future work on scenes will go faster :)
And also I'm reading a lot of literature about Crimean War, searching for information and ideas for mod. And also I'm searching information and pictures about units I want add. BTW, working on uniform is much easier, than on scene props, because I have other uniforms, which I can combine and retexture with slightly modifications - and here goes new uniform. BTW, next uniform I want to add is British artillery, maybe I'll do it shortly just to update this thread.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 09:35:57 am by Ivkolya »

Offline Knightmare

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 04, 2017, 08:47:08 am »
Hello all, sorry for not not answering - somewhy there were no notifications via email.
And sorry for not updating this thread for some time - I'm working alone and you can imagine, how slowly progress goes.

Work continues, I try to find time for modding every day, but unfortunatelly it is not always possible. And of course I'll not abandon this mod :)
Currently I continue work on Malakoff Tower defences scene prop, it is ready (I showed screenshots couple of times, but it was first (after 4 or 5 times remaking it almost from scratch with new ideas and principles) one scene prop, indestructible and big, so there couldn't be any LODs (and with all that gabions it has many-many poligons). So now I must disassemble this whole every merlon (part of wall of fortification between two embrasures) and every traverse (raised mounds of earth designed to defilade the interior spaces of field works and to limit the area effected by explosions occurring within gun positions) as separate destroyable object with LODs (and I must make every object independant, so there were no empty spases. Currently I finished more than half of them, all what's left is to correct deficiencies and export them. And you must understand, that I've never done this before, so sometimes after big part of work I see flaws or better way to make it, so I must remake that work in new way, so in the future all new stuff to make in that new way. For now I have results that satisfy me, so I hope I won't remake something in the future. And also this is important work, because I can use that merlons, traverses and embrasures in other scenes, so in the future work on scenes will go faster :)
And also I'm reading a lot of literature about Crimean War, searching for information and ideas for mod. And also I'm searching information and pictures about units I want add. BTW, working on uniform is much easier, than on scene props, because I have other uniforms, which I can combine and retexture with slightly modifications - and here goes new uniform. BTW, next uniform I want to add is British artillery, maybe I'll do it shortly just to update this thread.
Good read, also nice to know you're still working on it :).Sorry for saying it was dead before tho.

Have a question about the weapons, will the muskets have quick -5 second reload times like the muskets of the time or slower to keep it balanced?