Author Topic: Crimean war (1854-1855) mod  (Read 145502 times)

Offline Bluehawk

• Sergeant Major
  • чекмень - шаровары - шашка
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Crimean war (1854-1855) mod. Need help, especially with scripts
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2015, 04:47:49 am »
Referring to what, the nine militia battalions ("Ruotujakoinen 1-9. Tarkk'ampujapataljoona"), none of which saw battle in the war; or the "Leib-Guard Finland Regiment", which was no longer ethnically Finnish and did not see battle in the war?

Offline GhostDog

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2015, 02:25:43 pm »
Well Finns fought in Crimean war and for an example crushed British landing in Raahe. They even took a British boat as a trophy and the Brits even nowdays can't stand for it. https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-nKs_Nu-hG9c/VFeNKu5SkvI/AAAAAAAAA0U/HTPkDjZekDI/s1600/IMG_2786.JPG Here's the picture of the boat

Offline Ivkolya

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ivkolya
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2015, 04:47:47 pm »
He said Finnish, not Russian.
Finland was a part or Russian Empire till 1917, so he probably meant Finland Guard Regiment or Finland Guard Shooter Battalion, but these regiments weren't in Crimea.

Well Finns fought in Crimean war and for an example crushed British landing in Raahe. They even took a British boat as a trophy and the Brits even nowdays can't stand for it. https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-nKs_Nu-hG9c/VFeNKu5SkvI/AAAAAAAAA0U/HTPkDjZekDI/s1600/IMG_2786.JPG Here's the picture of the boat
Indeed, Finns (as example Finland Shooter Battalion, but it wasn't ethnic Finnish, like Bluehawk said) fought in North in several combats and defended Baltic Coast, but it was not major episode of war.

And I make mod not about all the Eastern war, but only about Crimean part of it, because main events (such as Siege of Sevastopol, Alma battle, Balaclava battle etc.) were in Crimea.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 05:14:00 pm by Ivkolya »

Offline dukeofwellington

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube: ImperialisticGaming
  • Nick: Imperialist
  • Side: Union
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2015, 06:10:01 pm »
Great looking skins and models, love a Crimean War idea, good luck!

Offline NicolasKiyoshi

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2015, 08:58:24 am »
Good luck! Also, i wanna play as a cossack : D
Thanks! As mounted cossack or as foot cossack (plastun)? :)

Can you add Finnish guard as a unit for Russian faction? :P
Sorry, but Russian guard didn't take part in Crimean war, so I can not add this regiment. Besides, all Russian army used the same uniform in that period - they all weared greatcoats, so visual difference between regiments was minimal.

Why not both mounted and foot ones? (i'm not saying i want a dragoon unit, anyway i want to be able to be both rider and both infantry separately)

Offline NicolasKiyoshi

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2015, 09:17:12 am »
Also, what if the cossack be able to do their famous dance? :D

Offline Ivkolya

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2015, 08:50:31 pm »
Thanks!
Why not both mounted and foot ones? (i'm not saying i want a dragoon unit, anyway i want to be able to be both rider and both infantry separately)
There will be three kinds of cossacks - Ural cossacks (they with United Uhlan regiment repelled famous attack of Light Brigade at Balaclava), Don Cossacks Artillery (Light Brigade attacked their cannons) and Black Sea Foot Cossacks (Plastuns) - these were sharpshooters and scouts and they teached many soldiers and sailors how to be good scouts (sailor Petr Koshka (Cat) learned all of the Plastuns), and they also were in Balaclava battle (they repelled charge of French Chasseurs d'Afrique)
I was thinking about this and also about add to cossacks ability of dzhigitovka, but it will be not serious, like piano playing in NW, I don't want stuff like that in my mod. But maybe I'll add this, we'll see (and if I will make singleplayer mod - I'll definately add this to game)

Offline turanafon

• Sergeant Major
  • TRNC - Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus
    • View Profile
  • Nick: JudgeY
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2015, 09:34:54 pm »
This sounds Great, all the best mate
UA-Eagle Brigade-Staff_Adjutant_Ichabod_Crane

https://imgur.com/a/CQ8Uzv3

Offline NicolasKiyoshi

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2015, 04:37:05 am »
Thanks!
There will be three kinds of cossacks - Ural cossacks (they with United Uhlan regiment repelled famous attack of Light Brigade at Balaclava), Don Cossacks Artillery (Light Brigade attacked their cannons) and Black Sea Foot Cossacks (Plastuns) - these were sharpshooters and scouts and they teached many soldiers and sailors how to be good scouts (sailor Petr Koshka (Cat) learned all of the Plastuns), and they also were in Balaclava battle (they repelled charge of French Chasseurs d'Afrique)
I was thinking about this and also about add to cossacks ability of dzhigitovka, but it will be not serious, like piano playing in NW, I don't want stuff like that in my mod. But maybe I'll add this, we'll see (and if I will make singleplayer mod - I'll definately add this to game)

Does the Don Cossacks participated as cavalary or infantry? I don't know much about the cossacks, but the don cossacks are freaking great, i've seen a old movie scene that the Don cossacks are charging a austro-hungarian position and slaughter all of them.

Here's the video:
Spoiler

[close]

Also my friend showed me a musical version of this, it's freaking good:
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Ivkolya

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2015, 07:14:04 am »
This sounds Great, all the best mate
Thank you!
Spoiler
Thanks!

Does the Don Cossacks participated as cavalary or infantry? I don't know much about the cossacks, but the don cossacks are freaking great, i've seen a old movie scene that the Don cossacks are charging a austro-hungarian position and slaughter all of them.

Here's the video:
Spoiler

[close]

Also my friend showed me a musical version of this, it's freaking good:
Spoiler
[close]
[close]
Don Cossacks will be Horse Artillery units (I want to make for Russia three kinds of Artillery - Field Artillery in artillery uniform, Don Cossacks Artillery (not decided yet mounted or foot) and Sailors Artillery (for Siege, there were a lot of cannons from ships on the defending line of Sevastopol).
Cossacks as cavalry units will be Ural cossacks, they weared almoust similar to Don Cossacks uniform, you'll note no difference :)

Offline turanafon

• Sergeant Major
  • TRNC - Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus
    • View Profile
  • Nick: JudgeY
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2015, 12:48:31 pm »
And of course we will see my beloved Ottoman empire fighting the russians :)
UA-Eagle Brigade-Staff_Adjutant_Ichabod_Crane

https://imgur.com/a/CQ8Uzv3

Offline Ivkolya

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2015, 12:01:07 am »
Tired of changing very small details in russian uniforms (it's pretty boring, expecially if there is small progress in work), so started making 17th Lancers for some relax

Spoiler

[close]

On other side of Valley of Death - Kiev Hussards mount their horses

Spoiler

[close]
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 03:08:21 am by Ivkolya »

Offline BSM 'Shut up' Williams

• First Lieutenant
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
  • Nick: Jean Grande