Poll

How should we release the mod? (Read 1st page post)

With New Gamemodes (unknown release date LATE 2016)
Without New Gamemodes (release date close 2015)

Author Topic: Whigs and Tories - American Revolutionary War Mod - Beta Screenies pg. 65!  (Read 185308 times)

Offline Earth Bby

• FSE's Official Annoying English-Person
  • Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Whigs and Tories - All UK Line Inf 1st page.
« Reply #225 on: March 07, 2015, 01:37:04 pm »
Ooh, nice. I like the hat.
Thank you, quite difficult to make. The fur is too shiny marks.

it's never too shiney.

Offline BSM 'Shut up' Williams

• First Lieutenant
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
  • Nick: Jean Grande
  • Side: Union
« Reply #226 on: March 07, 2015, 01:37:39 pm »
On his knee, is that, by any chance, a sewed on patch? Makeshift uniform repair? :)

Yep, we have 3 sets of trousers.

Fancy, this is gonna be just so awesome!

Ooh, nice. I like the hat.
Thank you, quite difficult to make. The fur is too shiny marks.

No problem ;)

Steam Profile Signature
[close]

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Joer
« Reply #227 on: March 07, 2015, 01:45:49 pm »
On his knee, is that, by any chance, a sewed on patch? Makeshift uniform repair? :)

Just a little FYI

You'd be surprised how often this happened in reality. Linnen and cotton (most trousers were made of this at that time period)teared up eventually if you were in the first line and had to crouch down constantly when firing volleys. That's why the use of woolen over-the-knee gaitors started to become more common in this era, and the British eventually switched from cotton to woolen trousers in the Napoleonic Wars.
Polan is of dangerous to FSE
Im from Poland , a land of lawlessness

Offline Forest

• Second Lieutenant
  • God Bless America
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 07, 2015, 03:55:35 pm »

Just a little FYI

You'd be surprised how often this happened in reality. Linnen and cotton (most trousers were made of this at that time period)teared up eventually if you were in the first line and had to crouch down constantly when firing volleys. That's why the use of woolen over-the-knee gaitors started to become more common in this era, and the British eventually switched from cotton to woolen trousers in the Napoleonic Wars.

No, no, no. Not in the 1770s-80s. Cotton was scarce and expensive in the colonies. People did wear it, but was not common to own. Soldiers would definitely not. I could see cotton being common in the early 19th century as that is the period when the industry picked up, but soldier's breeches at that time were made of linen,wool, broadcloth, or (preferred by the continentals) buckskin, elk, or sheep skin.

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 07, 2015, 04:31:06 pm »
Now that you mention it, you are correct. Dunno how I got cotton in my mind. It was linnen and broadcloth, I've even read reports of canvas and denim being used in the 1790's.

Offline Earth Bby

• Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 07, 2015, 04:39:22 pm »
Now that you mention it, you are correct. Dunno how I got cotton in my mind. It was linnen and broadcloth, I've even read reports of canvas and denim being used in the 1790's.

make more snow

Offline MadManYo

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MadManYo
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #231 on: March 07, 2015, 06:43:52 pm »
Could you implement a ironsight system like this one for L'Aigle
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,322415.0.html

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 07, 2015, 07:00:22 pm »
impractical, muskets are made in such a way that's it almost impossible to look down the sights like a modern weapon. Not that they actually have any sights in the first place.

Offline Earth Bby

• Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 07, 2015, 08:00:07 pm »

I always use 3rd person anyway. Considering linebattles will be fought in 2 ranks the 2nd will always have to use 3rd person to see.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 09:55:38 pm by Marks »

Offline Betaknight

• Major
  • To Protect and To Serve
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Betaknight
« Reply #234 on: March 07, 2015, 09:25:04 pm »
impractical, muskets are made in such a way that's it almost impossible to look down the sights like a modern weapon. Not that they actually have any sights in the first place.
If I'm not mistaken Line infantry was taught to just point in the general direction of the enemy infantry and fire, not sure if it's true.

I always use 3rd person anyway. Considering linebattles will be fought in 2 ranks the 3rd will always have to use 3rd person to see.
You'd be surprised how many people use 1st person and I have a big doubt that many regiments will use 3 lines as some are small and won't be able to. Keep in mind 200 people in one server which could consist of either small regiments (meaning its popular) or it could consist out of only 4 regiments (approximately). Plus not everyone will use the tactic and completely ignore the fact that you need 3 lines as you tend to become a bigger target for cannons.
The first modder for NW.

Offline Earth Bby

• Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 07, 2015, 09:51:26 pm »
If I'm not mistaken Line infantry was taught to just point in the general direction of the enemy infantry and fire, not sure if it's true.

I always use 3rd person anyway. Considering linebattles will be fought in 2 ranks the 3rd will always have to use 3rd person to see.
You'd be surprised how many people use 1st person and I have a big doubt that many regiments will use 3 lines as some are small and won't be able to. Keep in mind 200 people in one server which could consist of either small regiments (meaning its popular) or it could consist out of only 4 regiments (approximately). Plus not everyone will use the tactic and completely ignore the fact that you need 3 lines as you tend to become a bigger target for cannons.

Where did you get 3 lines from?

Offline Betaknight

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 07, 2015, 09:56:02 pm »

2nd rank and third "rank"
The first modder for NW.

Offline Earth Bby

• Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 07, 2015, 10:24:46 pm »

2nd rank and third "rank"

my typo killed thousands

Offline Betaknight

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 07, 2015, 11:43:00 pm »
Spoiler
[close]
Me and him "colaborated" and so this got updated, I only made the hat and the neck model. That is all. Marks did the rest.
oh forgot: Marks says hi
The first modder for NW.

Offline Earth Bby

• Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 08, 2015, 12:00:05 am »
ih