Author Topic: 41st Regiment of Foot [Moved to VC]  (Read 13696 times)

Offline Macca

• Come on you Rangers!
  • Major
  • yes.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
41st Regiment of Foot [Moved to VC]
« on: November 09, 2014, 09:24:36 pm »

The 41st In-Game

We're a both European and North American Regiment for Napoleonic Wars made up of members from Legio IV FF.
Our aim is to become an excellent Regiment, excelling in both melee combat and shooting.
We accept everyone from any country. Whether you're a new player, or a veteran, we'll be happy to accept you as long as you can attend our events.

Like many Regiments, we don't just play this one game. We play a variety of different games with each other.
If you're interested in enlisting, head to the bottom of the thread and fill out the application.
If you want to contact the Regiment CO, add Macca on Steam.

War of 1812

Soldiers of 41st Foot were the first combatants of the War, at the River Canard, 2 privates named Hancock and Dean, standing sentry, came under attack from the invading US forces and held them until the regiment was alerted to the attack. Sadly Hancock was killed in the action and Dean was badly injured and captured, but their actions did not go un-noticed, and both were specially commended in the General Orders for their valour at the opening encounters of the war.

August saw the capture of Fort Detroit, a glorious episode in the history of the Regiment. US forces had entered Canada in July and had continually come up against forces of the British army, Canadian militia and Native forces under the command of the great tribal leader Tecumseh. General Brock in overall command played a great bluff against the US forces now hold up in Fort Detroit. In a parley with the senior US officer, Brock explained that he could not guarantee the safety of the occupants of the fort if the Allied forces had to storm the fort, in particular he could not guarantee the behaviour of the native forces. Without a shot being fired, the US forces surrendered, they were allowed to return to their American homes after giving their parole to not take up arms against Britain/Canada. The regimental flag of the 4th US Infantry Regiment was handed to Lt. Bullock with a guard of 40 men of the 41st Foot. The flag is today on display in the Regimental museum at Cardiff Castle.   

Prior to the War of 1812 the 41st Foot had no Battle honours adorning their colours, they would later be awarded 2 battle honours for their actions in 1812 Detroit and the Battle of Queenstown.

The Americans counter-attacked on the Detroit frontier, a January offensive by General Henry Harrison led to an aggressive counter-punch by Procter at Winchester's isolated and exposed American command at Frenchtown (now Monroe, Michigan) on January 22, 1813, and in the desperate fighting which resulted, the companies of the 41st present suffered over 50% casualties. The 41st earned the Battle Honour "Miami" (the Maumee River was also called the "Miami" at this time). 1813 was a hard year for the regiment, with only men from the flank companies still providing a fighting force. However back in Britain the regiment had already started recruiting new troops to join the battalion already in Canada and their arrival in May 1813 allowed the 41st to continue as an effective force.

In 1813, men of the Regiment's two battalions had been stationed spread out from Montreal to Fort Malden - and Captain Richard Bullock of the Grenadier Company commanded the garrison at Mackinac from September 13, 1813, to May 18, 1814 The Regiment had seen much hard service on all fronts. It was decided to merge the 1st and 2nd battalions into one battalion; this mixed the battle hardened soldiers of the 1st Battalion with the fresh troops of the 2nd. Traditionally in regiments of the period a battalion was comprised of 10 companies, a light company of the left flank, made up of the smaller agile men who would act as skirmishers during battles, 8 centre companies comprised of men with no particular specialities but would perform general duties and on the right flank, the grenadiers, who historically were the largest men who threw the grenades they were named for. But as tactics changed they would be made up of the soldiers who would act as shock troops, a company mixed of the biggest and the hardest fighters.

It appears that the best men were put in to the flank companies and continued to see heavy action, while the regular line companies were utilised mainly in support roles.
By December 19 1813, the combined battalion supplied flank companies for the assault on Fort Niagara, while the line companies helped capture Lewiston.
On December 30 1813, an attack was launched on Black Rock & Buffalo, with 250 men of the 41st participating, suffering casualties of 2 killed, 5 wounded, and 3 missing.
On 9 January 1814, Drummond ordered the 41st ordered to York; on February 8, they were ordered from York to Kingston.
The 41st found itself back on the Niagara Peninsula in time to help repel the last major American offensive of the War.
At the Battle of Lundy's Lane in July 1814, the Light Company of the 41st under Captain Glew managed to distinguish itself.
In Drummond's subsequent operations in pursuit of the retreating Americans, Colonel Tucker (with most of the 41st under his command) managed to bungle an attack on Black Rock. This was a relatively unremarkable occasion except that Shadrach Byfield was wounded, losing an arm, and started on his long journey back to his Wiltshire home.
The Regiment participated in the siege of Fort Erie, with the flank companies taking heavy casualties in the failed night assault of August 15. At that point, the Regiment was pulled back to form part of the garrison of "the forts" at the mouth of the Niagara River: Fort Niagara, Fort George, and Fort Mississauga. It was found that the 41st was the most useful unit to garrison Fort Niagara, as other units placed there suffered from excessive desertion rates.
Eventually, the Regiment was withdrawn to York, then Kingston.
It had earned its 4th Battle Honour in the War of 1812: "Niagara", for its participation in the 1814 Niagara Peninsula campaign.

The Napoleonic Wars

In 1815 the regiment finally received orders to return to Britain, it being 16 years since some of the 1st Battalion men having been home. As they approached the Irish coast on June 7th orders were received to detour to Belgium, as Napoleon had reformed his army and was marching on Brussels. A storm at sea prevented the vessels from landing and the 41st missed the Battle of Waterloo by a few days. They did however form part of the forces that hunted down the defeated French army, and acted as part of the Army which occupied Paris from August 1815 until December 1815. Finally on December 1815 the 41st Foot returned to Britain

At the outset of the War the 41st Foot bore no honours, but when the Regiment was presented with its new colours in 1816 it was adorned with the honours, Detroit, Queenstown, Miami and Niagara. Having received more Battle Honours during the War than any other Regiment. Also there was the added distinction that Detroit is a unique honour, shared by no other Regiment in the British Army.

Ranking Structure

Centre Company
Officers
Colonel   Col
Lt. Colonel   LtCol
Major   Maj
Captain   Cpt
Lieutenant   Lt
Ensign   Ens
NCOs
Serjeant Major   SjtM
Colour Serjeant   CSjt
Serjeant   Sjt
Corporal   Cpl
Enlisted
Lance Corporal   LCpl
Regular   Rgl
Private   Pte
Recruit   Rec

Muster Roll

41st Regiment of Foot - Battalion Company [EU]
Comissioned Officers

Colonel Macca
Major Dark0wnt

Lieutenant Phoenix
Adjutant Muffin

Non-Comissioned Officers

Serjeant Sergeievich
Corporal Viper

Enlisted

Regular Mattias
Regular Michael
Private LeDarren
Private Darkoscis
Private Greenskull
Private Mange
Private Riklon
Private Skaningen
Private Snoken
Private Stan

Recruits

Recruit Audric
Recruit Bambi
Recruit Bradbury
Recruit Brek
Recruit Captain Flint
Recruit Castle
Recruit Ernest
Recruit Exorain
Recruit Gijsjuh
Recruit Hossorne
Recruit King Nightfury
Recruit Magnus
Recruit Marshy
Recruit Michael
Recruit Mobman
Recruit Nisse
Recruit Oskar
Recruit Scotch
Recruit Sean
Recruit SilentNinja

Batallion Total: 36 (4 Officers, 2 NCO's, 30 Enlisted)

41st Regiment of Foot - Battalion Company [NA]
Comissioned Officers

- - -

Non-Comissioned Officers

Lance Corporal Muffington

Enlisted

Private Crazyhorse
Private Caxel

Recruits

Recruit Apy
Recruit Ar-Rafidhi
Recruit Commander
Recruit Edward
Recruit Fieldshire
Recruit George
Recruit Hermann
Recruit Hicks
Recruit Jackson
Recruit John
Recruit KACollver
Recruit Marshel
Recruit Marlesbourgh
Recruit Meowcatnip
Recruit Reed
Recruit RektDoge
Recruit Rutche
Recruit Stevens
Recruit Tapmelon
Recruit Theotherasianguy
Recruit Wafflez
Recruit Waterboyo
Recruit XmikeX19

Batallion Total: 26 (0 Officers, 1 NCO, 25 Enlisted)

Total: 62 (4 Officers, 3 NCO's, 55 Enlisted)

Interested in enlisting?

Please read our rules before applying:
  • Don't abuse anyone because of race, sex, gender or any other reason.
  • No trolling, if you do want to troll don't use tags.
  • When playing on public servers, follow the rules.
  • Have fun! This is only a game.

If you are interested in joining then fill in this application template in a reply:
Code: Application
[b]1. Steam name (with link):[/b]
[b]2. In-game name:[/b]
[b]3. Melee ability on a scale of 1-10:[/b]
[b]4. Timezone / country of residence:[/b]
[b]5. Are you willing to dedicate yourself to the Regiment and be active:[/b]

Media

First Training & Event
[close]

« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 10:44:48 pm by Macca »

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: 41st (Welch) Regiment of Foot - [Recruiting EU / NA]
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 09:25:14 pm »
GLuck

Offline Macca

• Come on you Rangers!
  • Major
  • yes.
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 10:30:18 pm by Macca »

Offline Vaska

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Vaska
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 09:29:35 pm »
Good luck Macca ;)

AeroNinja

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2014, 09:29:56 pm »
Good luck mi dushi  :-*

Offline Heretic

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Dynamic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2014, 09:30:07 pm »
Good luck Macca.  :-*

Offline Michael Sparks

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2014, 09:31:15 pm »
Must you really fucking use my roster?

Offline Michael Sparks

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2014, 09:32:27 pm »
you've literally spliced my old thread

Offline Dainyel

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Hark, Verily! I am a half-wit.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Donny Dee
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2014, 09:39:57 pm »
Good luck Macca, you downy ;)
if you have another opinion I don't like, you cant post it here because that's mean and it hurts my feelings 

Offline Orcaryo

• By far the worst in melee
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2014, 09:42:27 pm »
Good luck my friend! Might inv for you if I get a chance  :D

Offline Macca

• Come on you Rangers!
  • Major
  • yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2014, 09:44:13 pm »
Your roster? How have I spliced your old thread? I've seen yours, and yours look different to mine. Neaxus hepled me make my one thank you very much.

Good luck Macca ;)
Thank you. ;)

Good luck mi dushi  :-*
:-*

Good Luck
Thanks.

Good luck Macca.  :-*
Thank you.  :-*

Good luck Macca, you downy ;)
:3

Good luck my friend! Might inv for you if I get a chance  :D
Nice to hear, thanks mate!

Offline Michael Sparks

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2014, 09:46:21 pm »
Your roster? How have I spliced your old thread? I've seen yours, and yours look different to mine. Neaxus hepled me make my one thank you very much.

You've stole my roster and spliced my old thread
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 09:56:00 pm by Michael Sparks »

Offline Macca

• Come on you Rangers!
  • Major
  • yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2014, 10:04:37 pm »

You've stole my roster and spliced my old thread
My thread looks completely different to yours. Now if you'd kindly leave.

Offline Gared

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Yusuf
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2014, 10:19:34 pm »
I already knew michael sparks would post some shit on this thread before I clicked on it.

Offline Tyrionpk

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA Tyrion
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2014, 10:25:26 pm »
lel