Author Topic: United States Thread  (Read 11255 times)

Offline Colonel Howe

• Donator
  • There isn't a noose tight enough
    • View Profile
    • People's History Podcast
  • Nick: Noah
  • Side: Neutral
Re: United States Thread
« Reply #75 on: October 26, 2014, 02:10:44 am »
Jen Bush 2016

"Three times the charm"

Srs note doe. Whoever in this thread considers voting for Jeb fucking Bush, I can only think of a few reasons why:
-you're mentally retarded
-you're mentally retarded
-you're Jeb Bush
Fuck off, Nazi scum

Offline Shredder

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #76 on: October 26, 2014, 08:13:20 am »
Jen Bush

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • This blamed fight aint got a rear
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #77 on: October 27, 2014, 03:30:00 pm »
Oh hell no, not another Bush. No. Nope. Nein. No way Jose. Sorry Jen, not today.

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
« Reply #78 on: October 27, 2014, 04:33:51 pm »
Idunno man, us high school aged kids should stop pretending we know anything about politics/economics.
Pointy stick champion

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2014, 04:48:57 pm »
Idunno man, us high school aged kids should stop pretending we know anything about politics/economics.
Speak for yourself. Some people actually know shit.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
« Reply #80 on: October 27, 2014, 04:55:21 pm »

Im in university  :D  in high school I took an AP gov class and econ so.. im sure there are some high schoolers that understand/know what they are talking about ;p

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 27, 2014, 05:05:36 pm »
It takes like a day to educate yourself about the political system of your country, and maybe a few more to understand the basic concepts of how the system works, its history and how you must choose a good candidate to vote for. Sadly, it seems that spending a few nights behind your computer every four year is something that many people are unable to do.

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 27, 2014, 05:13:48 pm »
Shhh Riddlez let us bask in our ignorance please  :-[

It takes like a day to educate yourself about the political system of your country, and maybe a few more to understand the basic concepts of how the system works, its history and how you must choose a good candidate to vote for. Sadly, it seems that spending a few nights behind your computer every four year is something that many people are unable to do.
Depends how interested you are. Sadly, I feel that many of the people in this community who actually play NW and belong to a regiment and everything are more interested in "muh l3g1T_ Ch4mp skilSzS" than how their country is governed.
#AbstractGeneralisation
#Win
<3

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
« Reply #83 on: October 27, 2014, 05:54:11 pm »
I find that last comment particularly amusing given your user name.

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
« Reply #84 on: October 27, 2014, 06:04:08 pm »

Im in university  :D  in high school I took an AP gov class and econ so.. im sure there are some high schoolers that understand/know what they are talking about ;p

Well yeah, I took and Passed AP Gov and Econ as well, it really stems from memories or myself being 14-16 and spitting out the latest opinion I heard as my own.

I guess my point is that I'm pretty sure some of these people (myself included) don't know our points half as well as we should to debate them.
Pointy stick champion

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 27, 2014, 06:27:36 pm »

Well yeah, I took and Passed AP Gov and Econ as well, it really stems from memories or myself being 14-16 and spitting out the latest opinion I heard as my own.

I guess my point is that I'm pretty sure some of these people (myself included) don't know our points half as well as we should to debate them.

This so much. Politics discussion on the internet has always been somewhat of a shit shoot anyway. It's not only that some people don't understand the politics they're discussing, but that they simply don't have the experience in the world to make informed decisions. Maybe you know the facts, but not the wider implications behind those facts or the socioeconomics, or anything else required to actually understand the system you're living in. I'm not saying I'm excluded or innocent from this group of people. None of us are.

Riddlez, sorry but you're a massive pseudointellectual. You're no better than anyone here.

Offline MarshalKim

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 27, 2014, 07:39:06 pm »
Riddlez, sorry but you're a massive pseudointellectual. You're no better than anyone here.

This so much. Politics discussion on the internet has always been somewhat of a shit shoot anyway. It's not only that some people don't understand the politics they're discussing, but that they simply don't have the experience in the world to make informed decisions. Maybe you know the facts, but not the wider implications behind those facts or the socioeconomics, or anything else required to actually understand the system you're living in. I'm not saying I'm excluded or innocent from this group of people. None of us are.

Brilliant Dear Leader's generous educational system has revealed to me much about the political knowledge that is to be gained in this world. I must respectfully disagree.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 09:09:19 pm by MarshalKim »
Massive job loss will take place, but if left allowed to, the market will adapt. I just don't want my job to be taken away from me, tbh.

Offline Betaknight

• Major
  • To Protect and To Serve
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Betaknight
« Reply #87 on: October 27, 2014, 08:13:12 pm »
Kim You turned a whole country into a dead waste land... (No offense).
I don't know much about politics, is a reason why I stay out of it whenever I can. Even in real life. (Few months before 18, so I'm not legal to vote). Although I did study Aruba's law and stuff... But it's barely knowledge worth knowing compared to EU and US government systems and law.
The first modder for NW.

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
« Reply #88 on: October 27, 2014, 08:52:29 pm »

Brilliant Dear Leader's generous educational system has revealed to me much about the political knowledge that is to be gained in this world. I must respectfully disagree.
You should probably edit your post for clarity. You used the same "quote" for all of the messages, making it look like Nipplestockings wrote all of that :P

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #89 on: October 27, 2014, 09:18:36 pm »

Fix your fucking strawmen, please, I never claimed such thing.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.