Author Topic: United States Thread  (Read 11286 times)

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
  • Side: Union
Re: United States Thread
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2014, 06:38:41 am »
 8)
Obama = Poop

Well at least he had guts to pass obamacare.  Everything else he has done in his presidency has been disappointing to say the least.
Eh Obamacare was pretty piss-poor. Otherwise ya, everything else he has down has gone down the drain. Can't believe some people still wanted to re-elect him after his first term, which was HORRIBLE. Can't wait till 2016 when he is gone.
Care to explain why it was pretty piss poor? Besides a bad website, I dont think insurance companies have the right to play God, dictating when not to pay or save a patient who has cancer by increasing his/her premium, they are people, could be your neighbor, and the insurance company used to be able to pull the plug if they wanted.  Other than that a majority of people now have healthcare (yea a few had to change because they were on cheap crap plans in the first place), and a majority pay less (including my self I get healthcare benefits from working part time and my premium as I am alone went down 30% because our company switched, scared people would leave, thus creating a market). It also makes it x10 easier for college students like myself to enroll independently, with more knowledge and cheaper costs.   This should have been dealt with decades ago.  Mitt Romney had a extremely similar plan like his, which is why I favored him more than Obama in 2012.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 06:47:19 am by Karth »

Offline The Rebel

• Major
  • Drew Lock has a horse cock
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 9/18/14 Never Forget
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2014, 06:51:20 am »
Tbh. I have just listened to my parents and gone off my own knowledge.

Offline Karth

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2014, 06:57:33 am »
Haha atleast you are honest  :P  Its just politics, Republicans slandering Obamacare because of its faulty site, people buy into it, few people and small businesses are forced to pay healthcare for their employees then lobby the news stations to slander the ACA even more.  At the end of the day, I only see it helping people.  Thats not to see a few (like 30%) will have to change plans and pay more, but a overall majority (more so in Kentucky and other poor areas) are greatly benefiting from it.  It would be the exact same thing but the Dems slandering Romneycare if he was elected.  Either way, both parties at least had it in their plans.  Even small businesses who have to pay for their employees healthcare are given subsidies in the form of tax credits, which is pretty helpful.  The thing that still irks me is that these Tea Party members are trying to get it repealed (how dumb can you get), which will never happen considering the statistics.

Offline Newkirk

• Colonel
  • 27th Relic
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Old Mr. Kirk
« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2014, 07:57:08 am »
Haha atleast you are honest  :P  Its just politics, Republicans slandering Obamacare because of its faulty site, people buy into it, few people and small businesses are forced to pay healthcare for their employees then lobby the news stations to slander the ACA even more.  At the end of the day, I only see it helping people.  Thats not to see a few (like 30%) will have to change plans and pay more, but a overall majority (more so in Kentucky and other poor areas) are greatly benefiting from it.  It would be the exact same thing but the Dems slandering Romneycare if he was elected.  Either way, both parties at least had it in their plans.  Even small businesses who have to pay for their employees healthcare are given subsidies in the form of tax credits, which is pretty helpful.  The thing that still irks me is that these Tea Party members are trying to get it repealed (how dumb can you get), which will never happen considering the statistics.
Well when the Republican Speaker of the House says that the Tea Party is basically nuts, it's a pretty good indicator that something's wrong. I simply fail to understand why others must feel the need to repeal something that was not passed by their own party, regardless of how much it has helped or hindered the population. Karth I hadnt heard that Romney had a similar healthcare plan, but IMO the Democrats are a slightly stronger party at this point, so there's a good chance Romneycare or any healthcare reform at all would not be a thing currently if the roles were reversed.

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2014, 02:41:17 pm »
Honestly the broken political system in the US is the cause of so many issues. If it were fixed, quality of life would vastly improve.

Offline MarshalKim

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2014, 02:59:35 pm »
Boring overdone topic that won't get anywhere because peoples opinion on the subject is stubborn.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 03:44:34 pm by MarshalKim »
Massive job loss will take place, but if left allowed to, the market will adapt. I just don't want my job to be taken away from me, tbh.

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2014, 04:32:20 pm »
Honestly the broken political system in the US is the cause of so many issues. If it were fixed, quality of life would vastly improve.

It would be nice if we could finally live in a more than two-party state, but at this point I don't know HOW we'd be able to shift that point.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline Jorvasker

• Donator
  • 33rd_Fus_Jorvasker
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jorvasker
« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2014, 04:35:27 pm »

Regiment History:
Filthy Casual Publorde from May 2011 - Mid July 2012 / Early Services from July - November 2012, including 33rd, 63e, 1stCI / 1stFKI - November 2012 - April 2013 / Break from April 2013 - July 2013, with a short return to 63e from June until July / 1stEPI - July 2013 - January 2016 (Retired from game)

Offline Crescent Glow

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2014, 04:37:05 pm »
Jorvasker's avatar and signature are America

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
« Reply #69 on: October 25, 2014, 04:41:03 pm »
This has been a debate for ages, it hasn't been since the friggen early 1900s since a 3rd party had a prayer of winning an election.

How do you change something which so many others claim is a non-issue?
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline Shredder

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2014, 04:45:07 pm »
Bribes, money in campaigns? idk

Offline MarshalKim

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2014, 05:35:00 pm »
This has been a debate for ages, it hasn't been since the friggen early 1900s since a 3rd party had a prayer of winning an election.

How do you change something which so many others claim is a non-issue?

Communism.
Massive job loss will take place, but if left allowed to, the market will adapt. I just don't want my job to be taken away from me, tbh.

Offline Newkirk

• Colonel
  • 27th Relic
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Old Mr. Kirk
« Reply #72 on: October 25, 2014, 05:48:23 pm »
To be quite honest I could see a split in the Republican party. You'd wind up with Democrats, Republicans and the Tea Party. But then of course if that happened neither the Republicans or the Tea Party would have a prayer at a House majority and a very slim chance at a Presidential Election.

Offline Karth

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 25, 2014, 05:58:00 pm »
The two majority party system will never change, nor can be changed at this point.  The most you can do is focus on who is elected in your district, your state reps are the ones who make the most calls about taxes and jobs relevant to you, and most of the time you can just call them, other than that unless you are extremely wealthy you cant change politics.  Back to Romneycare, its extremely similar to Obamacare, Romney instituted a similar plan in Massachusetts at the time and it was very successful, insurance companies had less control, and it made it way more affordable for college students to acquire healthcare plans.  Obviously there are still several differences as the scope and cost is on a much larger level with ACA.

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
« Reply #74 on: October 26, 2014, 12:59:52 am »
It can be changed, but it would require a complete revamp of the whole damn system, including the first past the post, electoral colleges, and a rebalancing of the "checks and balances".