Author Topic: United States Thread  (Read 11194 times)

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: United States Thread
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2014, 12:59:15 am »
... rednecks as we have the 2nd largest population of NRA members.
Ah, the NRA. Gawd Bless the Second Amendment. :D
<3

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2014, 01:00:51 am »
Yes, obviously if you were born and raised in the ghetto of Detroit it's a much lower quality of life than many countries, but for the average person being born and raised in the suburbs/rural parts of America it's much higher than a majority of other countries.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Human_Development_Index#Very_high_human_development

Love UK's awful HDI. Anyway, USA's HDI is held down by the Mexicans and blacks. New England as a region has a higher HDI than most of western Europe.

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2014, 01:12:11 am »
Love UK's awful HDI. Anyway, USA's HDI is held down by the Mexicans and blacks. New England as a region has a higher HDI than most of western Europe.
Contrary to popular belief, the UK does not consist of sunny Oxfordshire and Berkshire with elderly gentlemen drinking cups of tea :) . Up in The North, strange things happen, from what I've been told...  :o
Actually, saying that New England is worth that much doesn't really mean anything haha  - that's where the old money's concentrated :D

Just thought I'd leave this here :)
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/11041812/Mapped-the-best-places-to-live-in-England-and-Wales.html
<3

Offline Ser Thomas

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2014, 01:15:17 am »
No offense Thomas but weren't you the one who stated PA should be apart of New England... in that regions melee tourney lol, and yes Philly is nice some parts  :D. I have been a PA resident most my life and have never seen confederate flags... not sure what you are on about but I live in Pensyltuckey so see my fair share of rednecks as we have the 2nd largest population of NRA members.
lol yeah I did, but I mean come on man that shits so close to being in New England.
Well I live right on the border with Maryland so It's about as far south as you could get in PA.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2014, 01:22:15 am »
No offense Thomas but weren't you the one who stated PA should be apart of New England... in that regions melee tourney lol, and yes Philly is nice some parts  :D. I have been a PA resident most my life and have never seen confederate flags... not sure what you are on about but I live in Pensyltuckey so see my fair share of rednecks as we have the 2nd largest population of NRA members.
lol yeah I did, but I mean come on man that shits so close to being in New England.
Well I live right on the border with Maryland so It's about as far south as you could get in PA.

Well New York isn't a part of New England either, although I think it should be. Really, it's just about historical boundaries. Back around the time of the revolution New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania were all rather politically different from their neighbors up north. Hell, New York refused to sign the declaration of independence until it became clear that it was all or nothing. 

Offline TheHunted0

• First Lieutenant
  • 15thYR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TheHunted
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2014, 01:26:19 am »
Murica  :D
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 01:35:58 am by TheHunted0 »

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2014, 01:35:51 am »
Its geographically and culturally stupid to consider PA as a part of New England lol , you must live in the good part of PA then. More South does not mean more redneck, I have also lived in the coal region of PA where in one town close to where I grew up a bunch of high schoolers had race riots with the Mexicans, and it was a popular documentary just made about it (as they actually murdered one).  Unfortunately, I have to agree on one part, most of my family is from the South, specifically Georgia, and its a shame that parts of PA are x10 worse than many parts in Georgia.

Nipplestockings is right though, New Hampshire , MA , and those other states def have a much much higher HDI than any other country.

Offline Turin Turambar

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2014, 01:36:56 am »
It seems so much more important that one or two US citizens don't earn quite enough money to always buy the latest iPhone than the fact that the US goverment initiated 37 wars all over the world since 1945.
des is apsichtdliche Browokazion etzala ferstest du

Offline Karth

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2014, 01:41:07 am »
It seems so much more important that one or two US citizens don't earn quite enough money to always buy the latest iPhone than the fact that the US goverment initiated 37 wars all over the world since 1945.

Yea. We actually care about our jobs, the economy, healthcare, taxes, education, retirement 401K's; than our government's horrible foreign policy (at least a majority do).  This should be the most important, its what everyday citizens focus on and worry about. 

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2014, 01:53:38 am »
How did you compare between the states and the countries? And, in any case it's irrelevant, since these states have a smaller population, of which a huge part is definitely middle class or ^upper^, with presumably less inequality as well within their borders. It's like saying that Wiltshire in Britain has a higher HDI than France, which it does probably who knows, or that Attiki in Greece has a higher HDI than most of the Balkan countries. You can't really compare the two.
In any case, it's best probably better to compare nations as a whole with UN data, rather than by the US's specific interior HDI rankings system.
Just my two centz
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_American_Human_Development_Index
<3

Offline EdwardC

• Donator
  • Cyberbullying + Memes = FSE Forums
    • View Profile
    • 9th East Norfolk
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2014, 02:28:41 am »
Spoiler
[close]

Offline The Rebel

• Major
  • Drew Lock has a horse cock
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 9/18/14 Never Forget
« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2014, 03:10:53 am »
Obama = Poop

Offline Karth

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2014, 03:25:16 am »
Obama = Poop

Well at least he had guts to pass obamacare.  Everything else he has done in his presidency has been disappointing to say the least.

Offline Crescent Glow

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2014, 03:25:45 am »

Offline The Rebel

• Major
  • Drew Lock has a horse cock
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 9/18/14 Never Forget
« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2014, 06:13:48 am »
Obama = Poop

Well at least he had guts to pass obamacare.  Everything else he has done in his presidency has been disappointing to say the least.
Eh Obamacare was pretty piss-poor. Otherwise ya, everything else he has down has gone down the drain. Can't believe some people still wanted to re-elect him after his first term, which was HORRIBLE. Can't wait till 2016 when he is gone.