Author Topic: United States Thread  (Read 11256 times)

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: United States Thread
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2014, 10:08:57 pm »
I didn't even mention the ghetto, Karth. There are average-income communities that have pretty piss poor school systems.
You should see Greece's ::D
From what I've heard, education in the US is kinda... wonky ( to put it diplomatically). Is dat true?
By the way, both the UK and the USA are characterised by their very high inequality. :/

Teachers already get paid quite a good amount, at least once you get a few years under your belt. The problem is the job's such a shit job that no money is worth it.
Ok
<3

Offline Ser Thomas

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2014, 10:09:08 pm »
I'd rather go to a lower class school then to the one I go to where people wear confederate  belt-buckles and fly confederate flags off the back of their trucks, and I live in PA so its really just disgusting.

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2014, 10:10:44 pm »
I'd rather go to a lower class school then to the one I go to where people wear confederate  belt-buckles and fly confederate flags off the back of their trucks, and I live in PA so its really just disgusting.
Confederates in PA? o.O Scuse mah poor history
<3

Offline Jorvasker

• Donator
  • 33rd_Fus_Jorvasker
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jorvasker
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2014, 10:14:00 pm »
Nice saying our country is horrible with no support whatsoever, we have one of the highest qualities of life than any other country.  Personally having been to Switzerland Italy Austria England and others I wouldn't want to move anywhere else, as long as you work hard and study hard you can achieve the Merican dream.  I'm not saying we are perfect, we have high taxes and a costly education, but it all does pay off mostly in the end.  Please keep this on topic  :D
If you read the original post I am pretty sure I said I would debate future when the time comes. I have many reasons.

Regiment History:
Filthy Casual Publorde from May 2011 - Mid July 2012 / Early Services from July - November 2012, including 33rd, 63e, 1stCI / 1stFKI - November 2012 - April 2013 / Break from April 2013 - July 2013, with a short return to 63e from June until July / 1stEPI - July 2013 - January 2016 (Retired from game)

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2014, 10:14:42 pm »
But if you compare that to other countries, the social mobility in the US is lower. (In Denmark, a poor child has twice as much chance of making it to the top quintile as in America. Sauce) I.e. if you're born poor you stay poor, and the same with the rich. In Europe social mobility is higher, giving poor people  a much better chance at having a good life and ensuring their children have it better than they did. Social security is also much better in Europe, and healthcare too.
Using the Happy Planet Index's "Experienced well-being" ranking, the US comes 16th, slightly ahead of the UK (17th), but behind a host of other European countries (Denmark, Norway, Switzerland, Sweden, The Netherlands etc).

Other factors are a matter of preference and what you're used to. For example, I couldn't stand the political system in the US, nor the attitudes of the police. The fact that huge numbers of people carry guns also doesn't sit well with me. If you're used to that, props to you, but I'd rather not run the risk of being mugged/shot any time I'm getting back home late.

Sorry to be so negative, but that's simply my impression of the country. Americans themselves I have no problem with, in fact the Americans I've met have (mostly) been amazing people, but I still wouldn't want to live in their country :P

Offline Jorvasker

• Donator
  • 33rd_Fus_Jorvasker
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2014, 10:28:15 pm »
Going back to the topic of public education. American public education is absolute shit. You can look at any other developed country in the world and their public education system is better than this one.

Regiment History:
Filthy Casual Publorde from May 2011 - Mid July 2012 / Early Services from July - November 2012, including 33rd, 63e, 1stCI / 1stFKI - November 2012 - April 2013 / Break from April 2013 - July 2013, with a short return to 63e from June until July / 1stEPI - July 2013 - January 2016 (Retired from game)

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2014, 10:36:39 pm »
I agree with Ken Robinson on the education part, and with Finland, with that.
Folks need to be more creative.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2014, 10:52:39 pm »
Tiki, I assure you that the UK is something similiar. I can only speak for university admissions (which are admittedly a pretty substantial for social mobility), as I'm not old enough to experience the job market first-hand, but, well, the top Russel Group Unis (especially Oxbridge, I presume its a similar story over the pond with Harvard, Cornell, etc), are incredibly elitist when it comes to whom they choose.
It doesn't only have to do with you, buut also with your parent's education, the name of your school, etc.

Going back to the topic of public education. American public education is absolute shit. You can look at any other developed country in the world and their public education system is better than this one.
Lol Greece's is even worse
#WurstEdu[EU]2K14

Edit: Got added by MagicTeaTowel on Steam. He told me that, FYI, my comments are wrong. So naturally I removed him, blocked his ass, and reported him for good measure :D That's how you deal with these pussies.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 11:56:15 pm by KL4R1N0G4MPR0S »
<3

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Joer
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2014, 11:50:10 pm »
How did this turn from a joke thread into a serious discussion about the quality of life in the States....
Polan is of dangerous to FSE
Im from Poland , a land of lawlessness

Offline Jorvasker

• Donator
  • 33rd_Fus_Jorvasker
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2014, 11:56:07 pm »
How did this turn from a joke thread into a serious discussion about the quality of life in the States....
Because that is what it was meant to be.

Regiment History:

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2014, 11:56:43 pm »
Because that is what it was meant to be.
^^
<3

Offline Jorvasker

• Donator
  • 33rd_Fus_Jorvasker
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2014, 12:18:54 am »
Thread updated

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL9wmFzo6jc[/youtube]

Regiment History:

Offline Ser Thomas

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2014, 12:36:17 am »
Yeah, exactly its disgusting they will have shirts with confederate flags and it will say "if this flag offends you take a history lesson".This is where PA is if you did not know(since your greek :P)

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2014, 12:42:14 am »
Yeah, exactly its disgusting they will have shirts with confederate flags and it will say "if this flag offends you take a history lesson".This is where PA is if you did not know(since your greek :P)

Nah, I know most of the states in the US, but I thought Philly was like a nice place, right? :D
<3

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2014, 12:53:20 am »
No offense Thomas but weren't you the one who stated PA should be apart of New England... in that regions melee tourney lol, and yes Philly is nice some parts  :D. I have been a PA resident most my life and have never seen confederate flags... not sure what you are on about but I live in Pensyltuckey so see my fair share of rednecks as we have the 2nd largest population of NRA members.