Author Topic: Alien: Isolation  (Read 1952 times)

Offline Crescent Glow

• Major General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Alien: Isolation
« on: October 09, 2014, 07:47:58 pm »

The Creative Assembly described Alien: Isolation as a survival horror game as opposed to an action shooter, and to that end chose to style the game more closely to Ridley Scott's original horror film Alien, as opposed to James Cameron's more action oriented sequel Aliens. Unlike most other video game adaptations of the Alien franchise, Alien: Isolation features only one Alien throughout its duration that cannot be killed, requiring the player to use stealth tactics in order to survive. Although the game features some weapons, they will be effective only against the human occupants and android "Working Joes".

Been planning on buying this, not sure if it's worth it. Looks pretty scary though.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 04:15:41 am by Pineapple »

Offline Locust

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Aliens: Isolation
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 07:59:34 pm »
Buy Watch Dogs

Offline Shredder

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 08:11:58 pm »
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9TEqFfk6UM&list=UUK3kaNXbB57CLcyhtccV_yw[/youtube]
Jerma did a vid lol

Offline Hugh MacKay

• Donator
  • Co-founder of the 92nd Gordon Highlanders
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Pte_Hugh_MacKay
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 08:22:50 pm »
Got a code for it but haven't had a proper connection to download it yet. And I'm not really the type for horror-games anyway. But I'll give a report once I've tried it!
"The most amazing things that can happen to a human being will happen to you if you just lower your expectations."

Offline Crescent Glow

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2014, 10:31:36 pm »
Got a code for it but haven't had a proper connection to download it yet. And I'm not really the type for horror-games anyway. But I'll give a report once I've tried it!
Alrighty

Offline Hugh MacKay

• Donator
  • Co-founder of the 92nd Gordon Highlanders
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Pte_Hugh_MacKay
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2014, 01:02:49 pm »
Played the 4 first chapters and I'm actually really liking it. Not othervise a big fan of the type of game, but the immersion and overall feel of the game is good. Some really simple controls which makes the game quite easy to just start up and play. One thing I don't like is the level design and the whole concept of "find this small button on the wall in this huge room". I don't want to waste my time running around for 10 minutes looking for a button I've run by 10 times without noticing it.
But a strong 3/5 stars from me, simply because the genre overall isn't very appealing to me, and I hate running around to find stuff.
"The most amazing things that can happen to a human being will happen to you if you just lower your expectations."

Offline Crescent Glow

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2014, 09:41:34 pm »
Thanks man, might give it a try. Will post screenshots when I get around to it.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2014, 10:53:44 pm »
Im generally interested in this, but I can't really find an in-depth review of this.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.