Author Topic: Opinions on the development of Battle Cry of Freedom.  (Read 5508 times)

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Opinions on the development of Battle Cry of Freedom.
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2014, 02:04:36 am »
I agree with it being announced too early. Also, a fair amount of people aren't too fond of a Civil War themed game. I would rather play a Napoleonic Wars mod for Bannerlord tbh.

NA played NW despite their complete lack of involvement in the war. Why should Europeans be any different? In the end it's just a game. It's fun. I seriously doubt many people are going to drop the game simply because they're not interested in the setting.

Offline Locust

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2014, 04:57:26 am »
I would.  I like the Napoleonic era more than the ACW. When Bannerlord comes out you can bet your ass that an NW mod will soon come. That's where I will be.

Offline Jorvasker

• Donator
  • 33rd_Fus_Jorvasker
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jorvasker
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2014, 07:26:10 am »
I would.  I like the Napoleonic era more than the ACW. When Bannerlord comes out you can bet your ass that an NW mod will soon come. That's where I will be.

Regiment History:
Filthy Casual Publorde from May 2011 - Mid July 2012 / Early Services from July - November 2012, including 33rd, 63e, 1stCI / 1stFKI - November 2012 - April 2013 / Break from April 2013 - July 2013, with a short return to 63e from June until July / 1stEPI - July 2013 - January 2016 (Retired from game)

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2014, 02:33:54 pm »

I'm willing to bet 99% of people will be playing bcof anyway simply because it's where most of the community is. Sure, if a big NW mod or expansion comes out people will switch to it primarily, but I seriously doubt the game will be completely devoid of EU players until them. People like to say they'll do a lot of things before they actually do them.

Offline Betaknight

• Major
  • To Protect and To Serve
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Betaknight
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2014, 02:49:36 pm »
I can agree that they announced it too early.
I do not agree that there won't be a big player base, NaS mod has been very succesful both in NW and Warband. And it's still alive, I think it won't have a HUGE player base, but it will have quite a big playerbase (ofcourse depending on the price and consumentensurplus (sry dutch economy)).
Once again I wait and see. Although they better pull out a demonstration video or it's all dead. Until that comes out, I won't throw money. Greenlight has been enough of waste of money.
The first modder for NW.

Offline EdwardC

• Donator
  • Cyberbullying + Memes = FSE Forums
    • View Profile
    • 9th East Norfolk
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2014, 03:32:22 pm »

I'm willing to bet 99% of people will be playing bcof anyway simply because it's where most of the community is. Sure, if a big NW mod or expansion comes out people will switch to it primarily, but I seriously doubt the game will be completely devoid of EU players until them. People like to say they'll do a lot of things before they actually do them.
Battle Cry of Freedom brings back memories of when I first played north and south.  For a lot of NA players I think they would enjoy fighting in North America as "Americans"  rather than Europeans fighting each other in endless wars. Locust you're one of those people who enjoy the napoleonic era so that's fine, I don't hate it nor dislike it either.   But I doubt they'll make something like napoleonic wars again, i don't really think it will get enough support. Most of the NA community in my opinion would rather want to express their heritage instead.

Offline Locust

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2014, 04:04:29 pm »
*Behave*
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 05:42:19 pm by Duuring »

Offline Jorvasker

• Donator
  • 33rd_Fus_Jorvasker
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2014, 04:40:19 pm »

Regiment History:
Filthy Casual Publorde from May 2011 - Mid July 2012 / Early Services from July - November 2012, including 33rd, 63e, 1stCI / 1stFKI - November 2012 - April 2013 / Break from April 2013 - July 2013, with a short return to 63e from June until July / 1stEPI - July 2013 - January 2016 (Retired from game)

Offline TheHunted0

• First Lieutenant
  • 15thYR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TheHunted
  • Side: Confederacy
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 02:21:44 pm by Duuring »

Offline Killington

• Major General
  • Everyone's favourite
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2014, 04:48:35 pm »
*na*
He didn't say he had Civil War heritage, only that the NA community does :P
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 02:22:01 pm by Duuring »
In theory we could do huge player numbers far over 500 players per server...  As such we will surely keep our promise to deliver you the 500 players per server.

We will probably go (far) over it, but that's for later.

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2014, 05:43:56 pm »
My ancestors immigrated to the US in early 1900s, were in Europe during the civil war so I don't have any heritage, but I am an American so still would love to play as the confederates or union as I was brought up learning about the civil war, and it's still a big part of me, regardless if I have had any ancestors in it.  Honestly most Americans probably are on the same boat.. including Edward.  That's like saying since my grandad fought in the Pacific during WW2 that I will feel more heritage or bondage if playing as an American soldier in the Pacific, which isn't true.. American history is American history and the civil war is a huge part of it, Honestly part of every Americans heritage.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2014, 06:30:49 pm »
A few on my dad's side fought in Texas for the confeds, but I never learned their units or what action they saw. I feel no connection to the confederacy because of my ancestry though. I don't see why any Europeans should feel like they can't enjoy bcof simply because their countries had nothing to do with it. It's just a war game in a different setting. What's the problem?

Offline Zzehth

• Donator
  • NANWL Co-Founder
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Mexico is part of NA, damn gringos
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2014, 06:42:54 pm »
I like to think the Develop team spends our donations on alcohol and bitches.

#NotWastedMoney
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 06:44:55 pm by Zzehth »
Father of the NA Competitive Scene

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2014, 06:47:29 pm »
I like to think the Develop team spends our donations on alcohol and bitches.

#NotWastedMoney
lol
<3

Offline Jorvasker

• Donator
  • 33rd_Fus_Jorvasker
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2014, 08:41:44 pm »
Who cares about Americunt history in the first place, hue.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 08:43:37 pm by LordJorvasker »

Regiment History: