Author Topic: Available map makers - Now working with Bastion Maps  (Read 33741 times)

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Available map makers
« Reply #75 on: December 29, 2014, 04:05:16 pm »
Lol, if you ask money for a map then you're a huge silly billy
How so? almost everything i get I use to upkeep our servers for the community to use, so far I've been able to keep funding it since the summer, while upgrading the maps that are used in this game, "silly billy"? I think not.

Mapping is more of a hobby and something you do because you like it. Not to make money out of it.

You need ze passion
This is a service, not just a hobby. That's like saying I should be charging for Gameservers merely because it's a hobby of mine; if you can provide something useful for the community and make money out of it doesn't make you a silly billy it makes you a smart person as you are doing something you love while making a substantial amount of money. I would prefer to run gameservers for people and help communities grow than be stuck in McDonalds for the rest of my days.

Let's leave it here, unless you think otherwise. p.s. I <3 you dekkers you silly billy

Good point. Still feels wrong for me to ask money for it. I guess that's something new as Zebaad, who actually makes very nice detailed maps, is one of the only, if not the only mapper that I know who asks money for his maps.

Ly2
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 30, 2014, 03:44:46 am »
It's like modders taking money for their mods.

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 30, 2014, 04:23:43 am »
As a keen scener, I agree with Dekkers - selling maps is just plain wrong - you shouldn't do it for the money :D But for the Love of Art! That also renders you less competitive, as there are still people who scene for free. It comes down to whether the extra detail the scener is motivated to put in is worth the actual cost.

How much would a scene cost, Zebaad?
<3

Offline Zebaad

• First Lieutenant
  • alea iacta est
    • View Profile
    • Bastion Maps
  • Nick: 47th_Cpt_Zebaad_Peritz
  • Side: Union
« Reply #78 on: December 30, 2014, 05:33:52 pm »
As a keen scener, I agree with Dekkers - selling maps is just plain wrong - you shouldn't do it for the money :D But for the Love of Art! That also renders you less competitive, as there are still people who scene for free. It comes down to whether the extra detail the scener is motivated to put in is worth the actual cost.

How much would a scene cost, Zebaad?
The thread states how much, in the spoiler but like I said I do it mainly so I can keep my community running, not so much for personal gain, and referring back to my previous statement, it is essentially exactly like a builder, you hire a builder to make you something, and you pay them to do it as builders do not make houses for example for free, and fyi I'm only referring to the cost of labour not so much the cost of the components required. If I did it for the art I would be swamped with mapping requests I'm already under the weather atm, and having to turn some requests away, due to simply not having time to do them all. Also Dekkers, about 80% of the mappers I know who do if very often charge for their maps, and all of the ones I know who do specific maps for personal requests, but maybe you Dekkers charge for the maps because it will not help them in the long run. Also, btw I started out not charging for maps, and paying for the community stuff from my irl job, but then I had to upgrade servers for more people to use it caus of grater demand, so I decided to make maps for people. The first few maps I made for some people and servers I made for free, and unfortunately I experienced a lot of the dark side of servers who rely on free maps, so I stopped making maps for a while, and I came back when someone suggested I used it to upkeep the community, and if was just after this that I upgraded, so henceforth I charged for my maps, as many did before me.

Guys, I'm sorry but why have you chosen my thread to 'hate' about the concepts of charging for a service? Server hosters have done it for a while, yet they get little 'hate' modders get a lot of hate for mainly different reasons to mappers. Like I have said a few times now, If you want something you can rely on volunteers or you can pay for a service and a result. Generally people try volunteers to begin with, but as most volunteers don't spend long working on maps, the results are not so good, except with a few more famous mappers, like Dekkers, who make maps more generally rather than for specific requests, in some cases almost exact to every detail, It is much harder than you think keeping with what is requested, while being creative, as if we are too creative, we don't fulfill the map intentions. Basically, I charge for maps because it keeps many more people happy, than if I didn't speaking from experience, plus It is required to do so to upkeep servers for use. If you still wish to 'hate' on people doing a specific services speak to your local governmental official.

Offline Klender

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 30, 2014, 05:53:52 pm »
........... No words for this.
If Zebaad ask money for his maps that he makes why should you care really.

MIND BLOWING woesh!

KAWAII

Offline PoshPanda

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: PoshPundu
« Reply #80 on: December 30, 2014, 06:02:37 pm »
OMG OMG U MAKEZ DAS MONAYS

Nope

Offline Spy

• First Lieutenant
  • 47th
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Spy
« Reply #81 on: December 30, 2014, 06:16:14 pm »
Fuck sake if people ask money for there maps and you dont like it dont buy it.
 Mappers use alot of time making maps.

so for all you retards who says its worng to ask for moneys fuck of and make your own maps and give them for free fuck heads

Offline Rival

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 30, 2014, 06:23:18 pm »
Make maps and ship them off for free. I have never thought of charging people for them nor will I ever do that sort of thing.
Working on headers in NW is like working on formula 1 2016 engines for 2017.

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 30, 2014, 07:23:02 pm »
Make maps and ship them off for free. I have never thought of charging people for them nor will I ever do that sort of thing.

so for all you retards who says its worng to ask for moneys fuck of and make your own maps and give them for free fuck heads
who the fuck are you?

Zebaad, politely asking why you are charging for a map is not "hate", it's a civilised discussion, and hopefully it will stay that way. That is, until the flamers appeared.
<3

Offline Spy

• First Lieutenant
  • 47th
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 30, 2014, 07:24:23 pm »

who the fuck are you?

im spy the guy you pissed off so gg

now insted of spaming fse go make your own maps and give them for free fuck tard
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 07:27:29 pm by Spy »

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 30, 2014, 07:26:01 pm »

now intet of spaming fse go make your own maps and give them for free fuck tard
intet? Why are you so mad? How much did you pay for your maps? Also, didnt the 47th disband? :D :D
<3

Offline Spy

• First Lieutenant
  • 47th
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 30, 2014, 07:26:37 pm »
none and no

Offline Zebaad

• First Lieutenant
  • alea iacta est
    • View Profile
    • Bastion Maps
  • Nick: 47th_Cpt_Zebaad_Peritz
  • Side: Union
« Reply #87 on: December 30, 2014, 07:30:54 pm »

now intet of spaming fse go make your own maps and give them for free fuck tard
intet? Why are you so mad? How much did you pay for your maps? Also, didnt the 47th disband? :D :D
fyi I am in the 47th I fund their servers, and yes many regs did (disband), but they come back. Anyway, I gave reason for charging in my first message so why do you and more people whish to question it? I provide a service, which people ask for, so they pay me to do that service. I use the money for servers, for ppl to use, is this not enough information yet? I put time and effort into mapping, to be able to do this, why does it matter so much that I charge when people wanted me to do this?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 07:35:12 pm by Zebaad »

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 30, 2014, 07:32:17 pm »
none and no
ok
Spoiler
so RIP 47th #neverforget is obviously a mistake
[close]
  ???

In any case, since Zebaad actually answered politely aand explained why he charges, my question was answered, and that is it. So you can keep on exhibiting how butthurt you are by hating alone on some random thread that had little to do with you in the first place.
Have a great life.

(and yes, I've made all sorts of maps for NWRP, 59th JB, various regiments such as the 21o and the 16th and am making one now for T_P, so I do know what I'm talking about)

@Zebaad, if you feel that charging for it is acceptable and necessary, then yes, I understand why. Thanks
<3

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 30, 2014, 08:45:27 pm »
My bad for going off-topic, but please stop the bate m8
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"