Author Topic: Available map makers - Now working with Bastion Maps  (Read 33739 times)

Offline Zebaad

• First Lieutenant
  • alea iacta est
    • View Profile
    • Bastion Maps
  • Nick: 47th_Cpt_Zebaad_Peritz
  • Side: Union
Re: Available map makers
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2014, 12:20:24 am »
Props outside the map make it unstable though... Especially such a rather high polygon one
Unstable yes, but only if you go outside the map edge, if it is simply outside but not a problem when inside the map boundaries.

Offline austin1298

• Corporal
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_Fus_Austin1298
« Reply #61 on: December 24, 2014, 03:27:37 am »
Steam name: austin1298
Map type Requested: Flat map
Intended Server: 63e_NA_Commander
Time limit : Whenever you can get it done
Cost: Up to 1.5 Euro
Detailed description of map(s): A mostly flat map with a slight incline between both spawns to prevent spawnkilling. It needs to be as big or bigger than a random large map. I would like it to be steppe, but whatever is easier is fine. I would like some scattered wooden buildings and some trees.
Any thing else to note: Thank you if you can do it.

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #62 on: December 24, 2014, 06:22:08 pm »
Lol, if you ask money for a map then you're a huge silly billy
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline MackCW

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 24, 2014, 07:35:02 pm »

Offline hardcorefreestyleboy

• Second Lieutenant
  • Yes the name is supposed to be RAINBOWLIKE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: GERRY
« Reply #64 on: December 24, 2014, 10:12:31 pm »
^ 10/10 would quote
Gerry is butiful!!!

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 24, 2014, 11:49:17 pm »
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline Zebaad

• First Lieutenant
  • alea iacta est
    • View Profile
    • Bastion Maps
« Reply #66 on: December 27, 2014, 11:45:43 pm »
How so? almost everything i get I use to upkeep our servers for the community to use, so far I've been able to keep funding it since the summer, while upgrading the maps that are used in this game, "silly billy"? I think not. It's like saying I want to build a house, I could do it if I could be bothered, and if I had the time, but if I got a builder in to do it for me, the result would be better than anything I could do, while saving me time, but I'd have to pay them to do it because they have to support their family and income too, so in expecting a builder to make you a house for free simply because they enjoy building is not valid. It is the same for this, if you want a good map made, fact is you pay for it, it gets you exactly what you want, and saves you a lot of time and headaches. Yes you could make maps yourself if you wanted, but not many people have the will power to do so, or the creativity even with the will. Fact is in life if you want something done properly you employ an expert.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 12:00:11 am by Zebaad »

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 27, 2014, 11:57:29 pm »
How so? almost everything i get I use to upkeep our servers for the community to use, so far I've been able to keep funding it since the summer, while upgrading the maps that are used in this game, "silly billy"? I think not.

Mapping is more of a hobby and something you do because you like it. Not to make money out of it.

You need ze passion

Offline Zebaad

• First Lieutenant
  • alea iacta est
    • View Profile
    • Bastion Maps
« Reply #68 on: December 28, 2014, 12:23:38 am »

Mapping is more of a hobby and something you do because you like it. Not to make money out of it.

You need ze passion
Would you say to artists? or self employed workers who ENJOY their jobs? that their work isn't legit? because they enjoy it? I make maps originally because I enjoyed it, now because I like to be artistic and be able to provide servers for people to use, without me making maps my community would be screwed, I can safely say that my reason for charging for maps is not so much for self gain, but for the general community, and no, It's not just passion you need time and creativity, you can quite easily map without passion, it simply helps keep you motivated. Plus what you say is an opinion, not a fact, mapping can be done for whatever reason the mapper chooses, no lines restrict it. It is a sandbox in it's own right.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 12:28:20 am by Zebaad »

Offline dooomninja

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1brig_95th_Maj_dooomninja
« Reply #69 on: December 28, 2014, 08:59:54 am »
does anyone know the terms of use for mount and blade as i distinctly remember something about a mod not being able to ask for payment i can seem to find the terms of use on my game though or i would check

might have the wrong term it could be licensing agreement either way i'm sure there is something that means mods can be paid
ಠ_ರೃ Quite!
2 most satisfying shots- a rider off a moving horse and officers who think they are safe :b

Offline Zebaad

• First Lieutenant
  • alea iacta est
    • View Profile
    • Bastion Maps
« Reply #70 on: December 28, 2014, 12:27:29 pm »
does anyone know the terms of use for mount and blade as i distinctly remember something about a mod not being able to ask for payment i can seem to find the terms of use on my game though or i would check

might have the wrong term it could be licensing agreement either way i'm sure there is something that means mods can be paid
This wouldn't surprise me, but making maps for existing mods does not fall within that category, the mods I have been working on do not charge people for them, and the maps do not conflict with anything taleworlds have been working on, as mods rival their DLCs, but because the maps I make are for existing mods mainly the DLCs, they would be happy for people to do this. It's the same for server coders, they charge to give a good result, and without both types of workers mappers and coders the DLCs would have been abandoned ages ago.

Offline MackCW

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 29, 2014, 02:21:36 am »
I actually think regiments and the community keep this dlc alive more than mods.

Same for Native.

Offline WoM_Jordan_White

• First Sergeant
  • Jordan W.K. White
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #72 on: December 29, 2014, 04:31:45 am »
Review time.

I ordered 2 maps from Zebaad in October, one battle and one deathmatch. Due to his team having limited time and near to no work was done I decided to cancel it. As for my Battle map I have to say it is brilliant, it features some creative scenary I didn't even think of. He added a mini-port, farm, music room and some other stuff, it was like an island built for a family. He also added two ships in for me (static) which really scale up the place and allow for some serious gameplay.

Summary
Map Design: 10/10
Communication: 7/10
Time: 4/10 - It took a long time.
Price Range: 10/10 - With some negociation and some understanding we managed to settle on a price best for both of us.

Will order again.

Offline WoM_Jordan_White

• First Sergeant
  • Jordan W.K. White
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #73 on: December 29, 2014, 04:45:26 am »
How so? almost everything i get I use to upkeep our servers for the community to use, so far I've been able to keep funding it since the summer, while upgrading the maps that are used in this game, "silly billy"? I think not.

You need ze passion
This is a service, not just a hobby. That's like saying I should be charging for Gameservers merely because it's a hobby of mine; if you can provide something useful for the community and make money out of it doesn't make you a silly billy it makes you a smart person as you are doing something you love while making a substantial amount of money. I would prefer to run gameservers for people and help communities grow than be stuck in McDonalds for the rest of my days.

Let's leave it here, unless you think otherwise. p.s. I <3 you dekkers you silly billy
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 04:49:48 am by WoM_Jordan_White »

Offline Zebaad

• First Lieutenant
  • alea iacta est
    • View Profile
    • Bastion Maps
« Reply #74 on: December 29, 2014, 10:34:37 am »
New MAP: Warlace Gameserver Battle map
I ordered 2 maps from Zebaad