Author Topic: Kingdom of Holland  (Read 12385 times)

Offline Neom

• First Sergeant
  • A falta de pan buenas son galletas
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 2aBH_RGrdWall_Cdt_Neom
  • Side: Union
Re: Kingdom of Holland
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2014, 01:42:02 pm »
GG. Not lack an infantry unit

Offline EdwardC

• Donator
  • Cyberbullying + Memes = FSE Forums
    • View Profile
    • 9th East Norfolk
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2014, 12:01:49 pm »
Wonderful.

Offline Heftybull

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2015, 08:31:32 pm »
Hey guys,

Here's a Patch file with a few newer flag Textures for this modification.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/pympua1z95yp5/NW_Holland_Flags_patch

Greets Hefty

Offline Der Canonier

• Second Lieutenant
  • Major General George McClellan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2015, 06:03:45 pm »
nice reskin

Offline Eradan

• Corporal
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2015, 03:32:02 pm »
Could someone please make this mod compatible with the NW Enhancement Mod?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 03:42:45 pm by Eradan »

Offline Hundredhands_Tall

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2017, 03:27:20 pm »
Hello, and greetings.

I know this might be thread necromancy, but I just needed to clear some stuff up with the skins.
First, as it may already have been pointed, they're the United Kingdom of the Netherlands (Or what the skins you made look like).
The Kingdom of Holland was a puppet state created by Napoleon in 1806 to further strengthen his grip on the vassal state by placing his brother Louis (Konig Lodjewik I de Goede) on the throne. Afterwards, it was annexed by Napoleon when he found out Louis was unhappy with Napoleon's imperialism and contacted Austria for help. When the Holland-Belgium region was liberated, it was united as the United Kingdom of the Netherlands (Which included modern-day Netherlands, a fusion of Holland and the Duchy of Nassau, and the modern-day Belgium, which the Kingdom of Holland did not include)

Now, regarding the uniforms. The double breasted uniforms are one thing. I've also noticed that most people (Perhaps due to focusing majorly on the uniforms instead of the hats) use the Bavarian plate as a substitute for the original shako plate (With is like the British plate, except with a big 'W' with the inward lines of the VV crossing each other). Another thing I noticed in the hats was the Hussards. You've literally mounted the Brandenburg Royal Cipher onto the hats instead of the original crowned W (Which you can even find on centjours.mont-saint-jean.com) Dude come on. The Bavarian plate was one thing. Dragging Prussia into this is another.

Another thing was noted that the shakos were like Austrian shakos. True they look French, but that's because the Nassauers/Dutchmen/Belgians had been in French service for YEARS before 1814. They were bound to base themselves upon the French model. The thing that makes them unique is the front-back double visor (The same thing Austria has, look at the back of the shako) and their heavy reliance on carrot-shaped plumes instead of the hefty feathered models that the French used. The uniforms were also single-breasted. They didn't have double breasts like the French (The carrot plume and single-breast uniforms seem to have been from all the British influence on the Dutch-Belgian Army)

Other than that, I have nothing to say.

Offline The Musket Soldier

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2017, 03:36:20 pm »
where do i get the animations

Offline Malkolm R. Lind

• Major
  • Why do drugs when you can listen to music?
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Illya
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2017, 04:55:03 pm »
Spoiler
Hello, and greetings.

I know this might be thread necromancy, but I just needed to clear some stuff up with the skins.
First, as it may already have been pointed, they're the United Kingdom of the Netherlands (Or what the skins you made look like).
The Kingdom of Holland was a puppet state created by Napoleon in 1806 to further strengthen his grip on the vassal state by placing his brother Louis (Konig Lodjewik I de Goede) on the throne. Afterwards, it was annexed by Napoleon when he found out Louis was unhappy with Napoleon's imperialism and contacted Austria for help. When the Holland-Belgium region was liberated, it was united as the United Kingdom of the Netherlands (Which included modern-day Netherlands, a fusion of Holland and the Duchy of Nassau, and the modern-day Belgium, which the Kingdom of Holland did not include)

Now, regarding the uniforms. The double breasted uniforms are one thing. I've also noticed that most people (Perhaps due to focusing majorly on the uniforms instead of the hats) use the Bavarian plate as a substitute for the original shako plate (With is like the British plate, except with a big 'W' with the inward lines of the VV crossing each other). Another thing I noticed in the hats was the Hussards. You've literally mounted the Brandenburg Royal Cipher onto the hats instead of the original crowned W (Which you can even find on centjours.mont-saint-jean.com) Dude come on. The Bavarian plate was one thing. Dragging Prussia into this is another.

Another thing was noted that the shakos were like Austrian shakos. True they look French, but that's because the Nassauers/Dutchmen/Belgians had been in French service for YEARS before 1814. They were bound to base themselves upon the French model. The thing that makes them unique is the front-back double visor (The same thing Austria has, look at the back of the shako) and their heavy reliance on carrot-shaped plumes instead of the hefty feathered models that the French used. The uniforms were also single-breasted. They didn't have double breasts like the French (The carrot plume and single-breast uniforms seem to have been from all the British influence on the Dutch-Belgian Army)

Other than that, I have nothing to say.
[close]
wat
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 05:15:37 pm by Malkolm R. Lind »

Offline Duke Of LongTree

• First Lieutenant
  • 1stRM/USMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2017, 04:57:46 pm »
That's a mouth full