Author Topic: Rise of Nations - On Steam Now!  (Read 1493 times)

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King DaMonkey I
  • Side: Confederacy
Rise of Nations - On Steam Now!
« on: May 30, 2014, 09:47:26 pm »
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1YPiFTSrlc[/youtube]

Rise of Nations is a game I spent pretty much my entire childhood wasting away on. Genuinely, it is probably the best game I have ever played, in terms of sheer hours put in and enjoyment I continued to get out of it. For the past few years, it's been nigh impossible to get a legal copy of one, and the multiplayer hardly worked due to GameSpy's inadequacies. Thankfully, Steam has bought the right to distribute it, and it will be available on the Steam Store in June! Game is 20/10, highly recommended.

The steam version will be selling the 'Extended Edition,' which is to say both Rise of Nations (the base game) and its expasion 'Thrones and Patriots.' Included in this release will be fully supported steam integration, minor visual improvements, and overall fixes to both multiplayer and the game itself.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/287450/
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 07:57:01 pm by DaMonkey »
Did you know that if you use 100% of your brain, you get godlike powers? true story.
Did you know that if you use 10% of received donations, you can release BCoF by now. true story

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
  • Side: Union
Re: Rise of Nations - Coming to Steam in June!
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 11:42:02 am »
Hurray!

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 11:49:55 am »
Haven't seen/played this in so long.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Andrew

• Major General
  • "Just keep stabbing he's gonna die eventually"
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MacAndrews or something
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 01:14:37 pm »
OMG, finally :-*

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 04:04:44 pm »
Never got the expansion as it was always too expensive to buy on Amazon. Looking forward to this.

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2014, 07:21:27 pm »
I've got the CD for the gold edition, but it's so scratched up that the computer doesn't even recognize there's a CD in the disk drive. This steam version, therefore, is a miracle.  ;D
Did you know that if you use 100% of your brain, you get godlike powers? true story.
Did you know that if you use 10% of received donations, you can release BCoF by now. true story

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of Nations - On Steam Now!
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2014, 07:59:16 pm »
Double-post, but should probably update.

Rise of Nations: Extended Edition was released yesterday!

Spoiler
[close]

Offline El_Presidente

• Colonel
  • David
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Rise of Nations - On Steam Now!
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2014, 10:58:20 pm »
Wow! When I was a young sperm cell I used to make my own Europe map on the map editor, place all the countries, and play! Super good fun!