Author Topic: Let's discuss: Reenacting!  (Read 231692 times)

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Joer
  • Side: Union
Re: Let's discuss: Reenacting!
« Reply #1455 on: October 09, 2014, 09:59:37 pm »
Bullet or no bullet, the thing is gonna go boom if you use smokeless powder. And not at the side where you want to have a boom.
Polan is of dangerous to FSE
Im from Poland , a land of lawlessness

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #1456 on: October 09, 2014, 10:06:48 pm »
For some reason, this whole thing sounds like dry-firing a bow...
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Vincenzo

• Flying Squirrel Dev
  • FSE Developer
  • Dutchman living in Allenstein, Ostpreußen.
    • View Profile
    • Flying Squirrel Entertainment
  • Nick: FSE_Vincenzo
« Reply #1457 on: October 09, 2014, 11:38:56 pm »
Even without bullet, the pressure goes high so fast it has no time to escape, chances it will blow up are still quite high.

Everyone note the last part about muzzle barrel obstruction, even if you fire your gun without a bullet, if there is mud in the barrel it WILL BLOW UP.

Always know what your doing, guns are not toys.

Offline Mr T

• Major General
  • Je Passe Quand Meme
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Mortier
« Reply #1458 on: October 10, 2014, 01:04:55 am »
I usally put in my wooden bowl, my tinplate my fork knife and spoon, a book, if available some food (they would have carried bread etc. in there) a few small towels, my box with spices, 3 pairs of spare socks, a spare shirt, my remaining musket tools including some oil for the gun (I have the most important ones including one small towel in my cartridge box) and my gilet vest. If I have space left, I put my tin mug into the backpack too, if I don't I tie it on the back, outside.
Then obviously, put either the greatcoat (whichI cant atm, since I have no habit) or a blanket on top of the closed backpack.

That fills it up pretty well but there is still some spare space left. I need to get more "proper" stuff, like brushes etc. (to clean shoes), a shaving kit (even though I don't trust myself using it to shave, just for the sake of authenticity)  I was also thinking of getting another pair of shoes to tie them to the back of the backpack.

I obviously also have my bread bag filled up with stuff (A small pocket knife, food if I have any, another small towel and some candles) and my cartridge box has all important cleaning tools that I might need during battle.

I use my bread bag to store my modern valuables so that I have them close to me, I leave it in someone's tent when we go off for drill and battle.

I need to get a comb and shoe brush and clothes brush and other stuff but the trouble is where to get it from I guess. One of our Caporals uses a shaving kit, proper straight razor and stuff, he's a master lol. I'm 90% sure he's a Time Lord as well because of the way he dresses outside of re-enactment.

I should probably compile a list of stuff to get and where to get it from, I could get a spare pair of gaiters from Shakos GBL and such.

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #1459 on: October 10, 2014, 09:51:57 am »
Well yeah, I need all kinds of stuff like the brushes you talked about. But I have no idea where to get these from.
Spare gaiters etc. would be good too. I need some white linen gaitors, because everyone in the 85e is using them. I only have black gaitors atm.

Offline Mr T

• Major General
  • Je Passe Quand Meme
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Mortier
« Reply #1460 on: October 10, 2014, 11:15:33 am »
Yeah most 21e use black gaiters though I suppose a pair of linen ones wouldn't hurt just in case

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: October 10, 2014, 11:26:36 am »
Linnen would make sense for everyday usage. Much easier to clean.

Offline Landrik

• First Lieutenant
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
    • Infanterie-Regiment 208 (Reenacted)
  • Nick: Landrik
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1462 on: October 10, 2014, 12:24:30 pm »
I plan on buying a Merkur 45 Bakelite safety razor and just buying all the other stuff to go along with it. Ideally it'd be a leather case where I could store my razor, spare blades, shaving soap, and brush. Then I'd have an original pocket mirror on the side. I think the only original stuff would be that and the containers for the shaving soap. Getting a bakelite soap box would be great too. Better than a bottle of Johnson & Johnson shampoo or something like that. :c

Since I bought a map case for myself and it has some pencils in there already, I'd like to buy a repro notepad as well as find some blank non-printer paper as to sketch down maps, orders, and the like onto.

Then of course I found a website that makes all sorts of paperwork and ration bags and boxes and it just reminds me of how much I need to spend on boots and winter clothing. I really aught to put little stars next to what I want for Santa to see. ;~; pls gib halp santa
Humans are extremely complicated creatures. Death uncomplicates them to a frightening degree...

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • This blamed fight aint got a rear
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: October 10, 2014, 06:15:07 pm »
I plan on buying a Merkur 45 Bakelite safety razor and just buying all the other stuff to go along with it. Ideally it'd be a leather case where I could store my razor, spare blades, shaving soap, and brush. Then I'd have an original pocket mirror on the side. I think the only original stuff would be that and the containers for the shaving soap. Getting a bakelite soap box would be great too. Better than a bottle of Johnson & Johnson shampoo or something like that. :c

Since I bought a map case for myself and it has some pencils in there already, I'd like to buy a repro notepad as well as find some blank non-printer paper as to sketch down maps, orders, and the like onto.

Then of course I found a website that makes all sorts of paperwork and ration bags and boxes and it just reminds me of how much I need to spend on boots and winter clothing. I really aught to put little stars next to what I want for Santa to see. ;~; pls gib halp santa

Krampus gonna get you first though.

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Joer
« Reply #1464 on: October 10, 2014, 06:38:11 pm »
I got a little training day tomorrow. I was excited for it, untill I saw the weather forecast for tomorrow.
Polan is of dangerous to FSE
Im from Poland , a land of lawlessness

Offline Landrik

• First Lieutenant
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
    • Infanterie-Regiment 208 (Reenacted)
  • Nick: Landrik
« Reply #1465 on: October 10, 2014, 09:43:29 pm »

Krampus gonna get you first though.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EmqsEHl3P8[/youtube]
Humans are extremely complicated creatures. Death uncomplicates them to a frightening degree...

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: October 11, 2014, 02:11:44 pm »
My last batch of Soviet stuff just arrived: Canteen, gasmask-bag, backpack and cape/half-tent. Uraaa!

Offline zac

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: January 06, 2015, 05:27:05 am »
Anyone know any ww1/ww2 impressions for which you can have slightly longer hair??

danke

Offline Beech

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Beech
« Reply #1469 on: January 06, 2015, 06:26:09 am »
Looking for some Prussian reenactment uniforms and general equipment. If you could message me or reply on here any links would be very helpful!