Author Topic: Ingame tags?  (Read 3276 times)

Offline Jorvasker

• Donator
  • 33rd_Fus_Jorvasker
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jorvasker
  • Side: Union
Ingame tags?
« on: March 08, 2014, 05:53:24 pm »
Ok, so this is something I have been wondering this for a while. I have noticed the evolution of the brackets in tags over the past year. I was in the FKI with they started doing it, and it seems that almost ever NA regiment now does it. Including 12th, 15e, 54th, 15th, 14th, and 3te.

So, I guess I am asking all of you why, because I personally think it looks horrible. I just want to hear your thoughts on it and tell me why you prefer it over the original ways.

12te_Rank_Name Looks way better than these two

[12te]Rank_Name Or 12te[Rank]Name
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 05:55:54 pm by LordJorvasker »

Regiment History:
Filthy Casual Publorde from May 2011 - Mid July 2012 / Early Services from July - November 2012, including 33rd, 63e, 1stCI / 1stFKI - November 2012 - April 2013 / Break from April 2013 - July 2013, with a short return to 63e from June until July / 1stEPI - July 2013 - January 2016 (Retired from game)

Offline FrithBiscuit

• Colonel
  • PM me for pics, cutest Grimbarian
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Ingame tags?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 05:54:19 pm »
I prefer the first one, yeah. I'm glad 99% of EU regiments use it.

63e_Lt_FrithBiscuit is way better than [63e]Lt FrithBiscuit
Current:
Past: 63e CdB, 43rd Ens, 28th Lt, 1stElbe Lt

Offline tico13

• Donator
  • NA Server Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 3rd_Col_Tico
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 05:56:17 pm »
The underscore looked bland to me. Not to mention, it takes up more room. 2nd_QF_Rank_Name is longer in a scoreboard then [2ndQF]Rank_Name. If I'd known we could use brackets earlier, 2nd QF tags would have been different as well. It honestly just never occurred to me and I implemented it in my most recent regiment.

I think it looks slightly better too.

Offline #LionCarry

• Major
  • Can't spred
    • View Profile
    • http://p.coldline.hu/2013/02/25/922598-20130225-xcx7GK.png
  • Nick: Lion
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 06:12:40 pm »
I think [brackets] only look good at numbers 10-19
Hi

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2014, 06:19:45 pm »
[4teSLR]Gmnr_Name

Ew. Looks quite terrible, and there is no good way to put companies in :P
Pointy stick champion

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2014, 06:19:59 pm »
There was already a pretty... well-known regiment by the name of 1tesPmrs, so [1tes]Pmrs was the get-around. Also, there's no way once we joined the IIte (which was in the works for over a month before it happened publicly) that we could fit IIte_1tesPmrs_Rank_Name in, when it's actually a bit difficult for some people to fit their names after IIte[1tes]Pmrs_Rank_. It's all down to preference, I guess. If a regiment has a tag, like Pmrs or LG or QF or whatever, I find it better to use the brackets, like [Reg]blahblahblah_rank_name. The #[Rank]Name system is plain weird IMHO. Especially when it's like, oh, idk, 24th[Rank]_Name. It's just odd. lul.

The only instance where I don't believe in that is Grenadier regiments. Personally, I like 1er_Gren_Rank_Name, and Nr24_Gren_Rank_Name. It just looks oddly nice, and arguably better than [1er]Gren_ and [Nr24]Gren_.

If I lead a regiment that wasn't in an army and didn't have a distinct tag like Pmrs to separate us from the other 1tes', I'd probably go with the classic #_R_N.

Offline tico13

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2014, 06:24:10 pm »
There was already a pretty... well-known regiment by the name of 1tesPmrs, so [1tes]Pmrs was the get-around. Also, there's no way once we joined the IIte (which was in the works for over a month before it happened publicly) that we could fit IIte_1tesPmrs_Rank_Name in, when it's actually a bit difficult for some people to fit their names after IIte[1tes]Pmrs_Rank_. It's all down to preference, I guess. If a regiment has a tag, like Pmrs or LG or QF or whatever, I find it better to use the brackets, like [Reg]blahblahblah_rank_name. The #[Rank]Name system is plain weird IMHO. Especially when it's like, oh, idk, 24th[Rank]_Name. It's just odd. lul.

The only instance where I don't believe in that is Grenadier regiments. Personally, I like 1er_Gren_Rank_Name, and Nr24_Gren_Rank_Name. It just looks oddly nice, and arguably better than [1er]Gren_ and [Nr24]Gren_.

If I lead a regiment that wasn't in an army and didn't have a distinct tag like Pmrs to separate us from the other 1tes', I'd probably go with the classic #_R_N.

He pretty much put all my thoughts I couldn't put into word into this eloquent pair of paragraphs. +1.

[4teSLR]Gmnr_Name

Ew. Looks quite terrible, and there is no good way to put companies in :P

I think that looks quite nice, actually! Except like you said, the implementation of a company tag would be awkward there. Its all preference and what you're used to, in the end.

Offline Apollo

• Colonel
  • NW Official Administrator; apparent god of the sun
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Apollo
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2014, 07:19:10 pm »
Honestly, having played since tags were first implemented, I can say I prefer the brackets in most situations.

Offline Becker-

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • "The Gang joins the Army"
  • Nick: Bring back the 54th.
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2014, 07:36:11 pm »
Yeah we started with the 54th[Rank]Name for a change in pace. We were trying to push the regiment in a more professional mindset. So we changed to these because they stand out. I guess you could say we started the whole bracket fad, everybody will say we didn't but we changed and a bunch of others changed soon after.

It just looks nice, the underscores look like a one eyed step child wrote it and it bugs the hell out of me. Brackets just clean it up a bit.

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2014, 07:37:32 pm »
*cough* 24th *cough*

Offline Von Alten

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2014, 07:38:10 pm »

i think that the (e.g) 1st_rank_Name setup looks more historical, this is my opinion, no h8 pls
I'm bullying you, 14e became master on bullies

14e_SoP_Alten | 2pp_Fiz_Alten | 1oCaz_Cpl_Alten

Offline tico13

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2014, 07:38:34 pm »
Yeah we started with the 54th[Rank]Name for a change in pace. We were trying to push the regiment in a more professional mindset. So we changed to these because they stand out. I guess you could say we started the whole bracket fad, everybody will say we didn't but we changed and a bunch of others changed soon after.

It just looks nice, the underscores look like a one eyed step child wrote it and it bugs the hell out of me. Brackets just clean it up a bit.

If anyone started it, it was Millander's FKI, when 54th and a lot of other modern, bracket-using regiments didn't exist.

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2014, 08:03:44 pm »

i think that the (e.g) 1st_rank_Name setup looks more historical, this is my opinion, no h8 pls

wut

Offline PurplePanda

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Old Gen boy, led a few bad regiments.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Purpie
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2014, 08:16:21 pm »

Millander's FKI was the first I ever saw. So no, you didn't start the whole bracket fad.

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2014, 08:21:20 pm »
I thought Becker was referring specifically to #[rank]name?