Author Topic: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive  (Read 716869 times)

Online John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
« Reply #7695 on: October 28, 2022, 06:52:04 pm »
Would have been really cool to see how they performed with k0nfig still in the team but I guess its not their fault Mr k0nfig would pick a fight with Mike Tyson if he had the chance.

Shame k0nfig didn't get removed sooner so they could have picked up one of the Copenhagen Flames players or something.

EDIT: Actually just heard that Astralis asked OG about Valde to replace Xyp but they didn't want to pay a buyout for him. What a fucking abomination, Valde is the perfect Xyp replacement.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 07:19:46 pm by John Price »
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #7696 on: November 27, 2022, 10:04:55 pm »
cadiaN.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Online John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #7697 on: November 27, 2022, 10:11:09 pm »
I've always been a Karrigan supporter but fuck me did he really make this tournament as difficult as possible for FaZe.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7698 on: November 28, 2022, 05:17:04 am »
I've always been a Karrigan supporter but fuck me did he really make this tournament as difficult as possible for FaZe.
Same and still am tbh. His year with Faze has been excellent and it would have been near perfect if it wasn't for the Rio's failure. But I have always been a huge fan of narratives in competitive scenaries and dear lord cadiaN's is one for the ages. I was highly critical of him and Heroic's approach on the whole Hunden incident and generally about their whole 'No fuck given' attitude after it but I must admit it made for the best vilain story since Fnatic's days.

The fact he was the first Danish captain to win in this arena, cheered by the same crowd that booed him one year ago is just the last perfect middle finger to Astralis. CS has been very exciting lately I must say, and I would be especially hyped by the upcoming major in Paris if it wasn't for good french teams being absolutely non-existent. I hope we don't pull a Brazilian's when we end-up with only apeX & ZywOo (if changes have not been made till then) in the Legends stage.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 05:20:42 am by Tardet »

Offline Chainsor

• Major General
  • Nr13 - Hauptmann, EGS
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr13_Hptm_Chainsor
« Reply #7699 on: November 28, 2022, 09:03:04 am »
Paris can only be a banger since Blast organises it

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7700 on: December 18, 2022, 01:15:56 pm »
Monsieur Rasmus 'HooXi' Nielsen

Online John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #7701 on: December 18, 2022, 09:34:33 pm »
We'll have to see if G2 holds up, I'm not convinced in their entry/space making right now. YEKINDAR had a super rough final as well.

m0nesy farming which is what we hoped he would eventually do and Jks finally remembered he's supposed to be a fragger.

Offline Gurkha

• Lieutenant General
  • Former 33rd LtCol
    • View Profile
    • Official 33rd Regiment of Foot Website
  • Nick: Gurkha

Online John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #7703 on: March 24, 2023, 06:52:43 pm »
How does everyone feel about CS2?

I think almost everything about it is very very good - But the smokes are completely game breaking right now. The fact you can just eliminate a smoke for 4 seconds with a grenade completely breaks competitive play.

Most sensible suggestion I have seen is reduce from 100% -> 30/40% for at most 1 Second.

Oh love the deagle change though, if you spam it you get a lot of screen shake so its harder to just spam body shots at people close range. Fuck those deaglers

Offline Chainsor

• Major General
  • Nr13 - Hauptmann, EGS
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr13_Hptm_Chainsor
« Reply #7704 on: March 24, 2023, 07:29:22 pm »
im absolutely in love with it. Cant wait to play it and hopefully ill get early access. The smoke change is definitely something big, but i want to see and try it in person before i give any positive or negative feedback. For now, i think it definitely changes the way cs is being played and it opens a few new ways to play the game which is cool

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #7705 on: March 25, 2023, 12:00:05 am »
How does everyone feel about CS2?

I think almost everything about it is very very good - But the smokes are completely game breaking right now. The fact you can just eliminate a smoke for 4 seconds with a grenade completely breaks competitive play.

Most sensible suggestion I have seen is reduce from 100% -> 30/40% for at most 1 Second.

Oh love the deagle change though, if you spam it you get a lot of screen shake so its harder to just spam body shots at people close range. Fuck those deaglers

So hyped, very curious how this will effect 3rd party play like ESEA and Faceit. I feel like this will bring alot of the playerbase back into regular MM since tick rate is irrelevant now. Hopefully they plan to use better Anti-Cheat as well. Also wondering if the rank scale will be the same and if so will my Supreme/Global rank carry over on release?

Overall though it looks like a massive improvement without fucking up the fundamentals of CS. Map knowledge will be retained and all that good stuff. Also happy to see they found a way to carry over skins although curious how that will work? Will you have 2 versions of the skin or you choose what comes to CS2 and what stays in GO and how that will affect skin prices etc.

Overall though I couldn't be happier to see that the best FPS ever created is going to be renewed and hopefully better then ever. Should really bring the game back into the mainstream again and hopefully make it bigger then ever.

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #7706 on: March 25, 2023, 04:17:02 am »
why is tick rate irrelevant?
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #7707 on: March 25, 2023, 04:30:43 am »

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #7708 on: March 25, 2023, 08:17:55 am »
why is tick rate irrelevant?

niiice, looking forward to MM memes in that case, thanks!
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Online John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #7709 on: March 25, 2023, 11:47:42 am »
Marceaux half of your post makes no sense.

Will you have 2 versions of the skin or you choose what comes to CS2 and what stays in GO and how that will affect skin prices etc.
CS:GO won't exist anymore once CS2 goes live, its replacing it the same way Dota 2's Source 2 update did.

So hyped, very curious how this will effect 3rd party play like ESEA and Faceit. I feel like this will bring alot of the playerbase back into regular MM since tick rate is irrelevant now.
Some people will, NA I suspect probably a good amount of people will play MM now but it won't do anything to Faceit's playerbase (nobody plays ESEA anyway). People don't just play Faceit because of tickrate, its because the quality of games is substantially higher. Like technically the ELO I play at is in the top 0.00010% of all CSGO players or some shit so MM isn't an option.