Offline TheBritishLoyalist

• Sergeant
  • A traitor is someone who does not agree with me
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Server
« on: January 15, 2014, 10:42:24 pm »
I need help for my regiment server
I am Colonel of the 8th Guards (King Georges own) and I am really in need of a server does anyone know anyone or someone that has an empty unused server you can host for me and my regiment in Napoleonic Wars?
my steam is Ham The Conqueror and this may not be the right place but I saw topic Servers so I thought It would be xD
Please do not post ''buy one'' you do not know our financial state and being able to host a 20 or even 40, 50 slot server monthly is out of the question  :'(.
Thanks for reading!

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Server
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 12:14:23 am »
This was indeed the right section of the forums to post it.

I know you said not to post buy a server, but I feel like anyone with a few euros lying around could afford a small server (20 slots).
20 slots a month would be 3.20 euros a month if you were to choose us as a server provider. If you have more than 3.20 euros available, it would only be 7 euros for 50 slots (bear in mind either of these setups would have a 6 euro setup fee). You would, however, have access to a game panel from which you can control the server.
If you are interested, this is our thread.

I'm sorry if this just annoys you, but this is one of the cheapest deals that the community offers, so if this doesn't work out for you, my apologies. :P

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 01:33:12 am »

I know you said not to post buy a server, but I feel like anyone with a few euros lying around could afford a small server (20 slots).
20 slots a month would be 3.20 euros a month if you were to choose us as a server provider. If you have more than 3.20 euros available, it would only be 7 euros for 50 slots (bear in mind either of these setups would have a 6 euro setup fee). You would, however, have access to a game panel from which you can control the server.

I'm sorry if this just annoys you, but this is one of the cheapest deals that the community offers, so if this doesn't work out for you, my apologies. :P
im NA so whats the conversion xD

Offline George385

• Donator
  • nah yeah nah nah yeah nah
    • View Profile
  • Nick: George385
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 01:51:59 am »
try these guys- http://xentonia.com/

i have my server from them for 5 euros per month for 56 slots without any issues whatsoever, customer service can take a while but does get done eventually and its not too bad.

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 06:31:28 pm »

im NA so whats the conversion xD

Ah, didn't realise you are NA :P Our server is in Germany, so you guys would have pretty crappy ping ;D
Good luck though!

Offline Commissar Jdf

• General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: USMC_Maj_CommissarJdf
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 07:10:31 pm »
Go Quantum Impulse Gaming or join a community. For example, my regiment and the 1tesPmrs uses our servers. We have 2 at the moment + some other server that may be converted to NW later.

Offline lindblom

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lindblom
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2014, 11:59:54 pm »
Hey!

It will be very hard for you to find one for free that's for certain, not impossible but very hard unless you have the right contacts. For a regiment the most important thing is firstly a teamspeak server, if you got no budget to rent a gameserver then ask to borrow one from another regiment from time to time. I'd really like to help you but all the people I know who are hosting servers are located in Europe. If you would be interested in an european server (High Pings NA), I could ask some people I know for you.

If you somehow would decide to rent a gameserver instead I'd recommend you to www.arcticservers.co.uk (They host both NA/EU servers.). I am renting a gameserver from them, and I am very satisfied with the gameserver and support. They might not be the cheapest hosting provider around but their servers are really good! You really get what you pay for. I really wish you good luck with finding a gameserver, and I am sure you will find one.

Kind Regards,
Lindblom

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2014, 03:42:45 am »
Hey!

It will be very hard for you to find one for free that's for certain, not impossible but very hard unless you have the right contacts. For a regiment the most important thing is firstly a teamspeak server, if you got no budget to rent a gameserver then ask to borrow one from another regiment from time to time. I'd really like to help you but all the people I know who are hosting servers are located in Europe. If you would be interested in an european server (High Pings NA), I could ask some people I know for you.

If you somehow would decide to rent a gameserver instead I'd recommend you to www.arcticservers.co.uk (They host both NA/EU servers.). I am renting a gameserver from them, and I am very satisfied with the gameserver and support. They might not be the cheapest hosting provider around but their servers are really good! You really get what you pay for. I really wish you good luck with finding a gameserver, and I am sure you will find one.

Kind Regards,
Lindblom
i dont care if its NA EU or AUS NZ!!! I have a TS because im in a community but they dont have game servers and dont host. if you could help even if its continental based i dont care!!! xD

Offline George385

• Donator
  • nah yeah nah nah yeah nah
    • View Profile
  • Nick: George385
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2014, 06:34:09 am »
well a community should be supplying a gameserver aswell then.

I know that LCC (UOG now) and MOV both supply gameservers... And MOV does have an NA branch, in which if you ask the right people, they will most likely give you a gameserver you can use for trainings and such.

what community is it? an NW community should be supplying servers, like i said, unless its like the 22nd ts. Id recommend joining a community such as MOV, not UOG, who will supply gameservers because they are out there.

A community should atleast have one server where all regiments in that community can train.

However, joining these communities, like MOV, they will most likely expect you to attend their events. Thats why for NW i would highly recommend just buying like a 40 slot server, in which you will have full control over. Then you can use a community's teamspeak like the 22nd's.

Its not a good idea to have a regiment, and not put any money whatsoever into it. It will fail eventually, because you wont have a training server so your members will get bored and leave, and people wont join a regiment with no skill, and who isnt disciplined and just messes around in events.  How do you prevent this? you get a training server so you can teach them skills and teach them, so they can go out to public servers and make an image of themselves. A person on the top of a scoreboard, who has sent out a recruitment message, is more likely to get recruits, than from people who are on the bottom with minus kills because they arent disciplined. I could go on about the aftermath of not having a training server, but we would be here for days.

And you cannot expect someone to sponsor a server for you for nothing in return. People who get sponsored are usually regiment leaders who have proved themselves worthy of being sponsored. Maybe if you pay for a server for long enough, and dont cause any problems, then they might sponsor you, AFTER you have shown them that you are serious about your regiment and that they think you will remain a loyal customer to them.

i guess what my point is, you cannot expect someone to sponsor right you off the bat, and that you have to be willing to put money into your regiment.

so id recommend you go and do your research on game server providers for M&B Warband, and choose one that seems right for you and that can suit your budget. You can always collect donations from willing members to help you.