Weapon?

Sword!
84 (24.9%)
Musket!
174 (51.6%)
Pike!
79 (23.4%)

Total Members Voted: 334

Author Topic: The Century of War (Serverfiles are available)  (Read 198003 times)

Offline EdwardC

• Donator
  • Cyberbullying + Memes = FSE Forums
    • View Profile
    • 9th East Norfolk
  • Side: Union
Re: [NW|M] The Century of War
« Reply #75 on: October 30, 2013, 08:30:42 pm »
So many mods have failed, for NW, I hope this doesn't, anyways good luck!  ::)

Offline Jak

• First Sergeant
  • Oro parece, plata no es, ¿qué es?
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 2aBH_GrdVal_Fus_Jak
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #76 on: October 30, 2013, 08:34:45 pm »
There needs to be another Protestant faction, so I'd say the Protestant Union or the Dutch Republic, who both played a huge role in the war. Spain doesn't need its own faction; I think they're fine being merged into a general Habsburg faction. One question I have is what period of the war is this going to be set in? If you decide to add France are you going to take into consideration the fact that they switched sides midway through the war?
This mod about the time of the "Thirty Years' War" (1618-1648)

I know that, it says that on the front page. I was asking for clarification because I'd like to know how he'll represent the ever-shifting political situation in the period.
i edited my post, please read it.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #77 on: October 30, 2013, 08:43:17 pm »
and no, Spain is Spain, and the holy Roman Empire is the Holy Roman Empire...

Why?
Because Due to problems with the Germans king carlos had to give the Holy Empire to his brother ... And Spain and the Holy Roman Empire were Allies to 1700

I'm aware of that. The fact that they were allied and had close family ties is precisely the reason why I believe they should remain as the same faction. Anyway, it's neither of our decisions in the end.

Offline KArantukki

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Chaotic Evil
    • View Profile
  • Nick: KArantukki
« Reply #78 on: October 30, 2013, 08:46:16 pm »
Some more uniforms for the german infantry:

Spoiler
[close]

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #79 on: October 30, 2013, 08:49:11 pm »
Looks good, will make sure to be keep up with this mod  :)
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Jak

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 30, 2013, 08:52:29 pm »
and no, Spain is Spain, and the holy Roman Empire is the Holy Roman Empire...

Why?
Because Due to problems with the Germans king carlos had to give the Holy Empire to his brother ... And Spain and the Holy Roman Empire were Allies to 1700

I'm aware of that. The fact that they were allied and had close family ties is precisely the reason why I believe they should remain as the same faction. Anyway, it's neither of our decisions in the end.
No, because for example, there are wars in which Spain participated and the Holy Roman Empire no, they had different clothes, and many more things that can happen to me ... If the mod were about 100 years earlier if they could go together, but in this, NO.

Offline Feldsau

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [DL]III_KBR_O_Feldsau
« Reply #81 on: October 30, 2013, 08:52:56 pm »
There needs to be another Protestant faction, so I'd say the Protestant Union or the Dutch Republic, who both played a huge role in the war. Spain doesn't need its own faction; I think they're fine being merged into a general Habsburg faction. One question I have is what period of the war is this going to be set in? If you decide to add France are you going to take into consideration the fact that they switched sides midway through the war?
This mod about the time of the "Thirty Years' War" (1618-1648), and no, Spain is Spain, and the holy Roman Empire is the Holy Roman Empire...

Why?
Because Due to problems with the Germans king carlos had to give the Holy Empire to his brother, and all Spanish possessions to his other brother, so it was divided ... And Spain and the Holy Roman Empire were Allies to 1700

Well, shall I really take my time to explain you the HRE and the dynastic connection between Spain and Austria? Well let me put it in this way: It´s fine like it is atm, because there is no actual need for seperating Spain from the Emperor, particular because the amount of possible factions is limited to 5. That´d be a waste of space to implement some other interesting factions like France or Poland. In those days it was more important both thrones (the spanish and the imperial) were held by the Habsburger than the actual designation of the name of a country or even the nationality. And the HRE and Spain weren´t allied, you can´t imagine the HRE like a modern state which concludes alliances or declares wars, that simply doesn´t work.
And there is another reason to unite Austria and Spain in one faction. In several wars (not only in the 30-years) both houses send troops into battle to fought together or send troops to support each other (for example Spinola during the first period of the war in Palatine).

btw: @KArantukki: Very nice uniforms ;)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 08:57:14 pm by Feldsau »

Offline Jak

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 30, 2013, 09:04:55 pm »
This mod about the time of the "Thirty Years' War" (1618-1648), and no, Spain is Spain, and the holy Roman Empire is the Holy Roman Empire...

Why?
Because Due to problems with the Germans king carlos had to give the Holy Empire to his brother, and all Spanish possessions to his other brother, so it was divided ... And Spain and the Holy Roman Empire were Allies to 1700

Well, shall I really take my time to explain you the HRE and the dynastic connection between Spain and Austria? Well let me put it in this way: It´s fine like it is atm, because there is no actual need for seperating Spain from the Emperor, particular because the amount of possible factions is limited to 5. That´d be a waste of space to implement some other interesting factions like France or Poland. In those days it was more important both thrones (the spanish and the imperial) were held by the Habsburger than the actual designation of the name of a country or even the nationality. And the HRE and Spain weren´t allied, you can´t imagine the HRE like a modern state which concludes alliances or declares wars, that simply doesn´t work.
And there is another reason to unite Austria and Spain in one faction. In several wars (not only in the 30-years) both houses send troops into battle to fought together or send troops to support each other (for example Spinola during the first period of the war in Palatine).

No, this mod is about the war of the 30 years, And Poland did almost nothing, in my opinion at the mod should be these factions: Spain, France, England, the Holy Roman Empire and Sweden ....

it's putting on as mod s XVIII Spain and France in the same ... (exemple)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 09:07:32 pm by Jak »

Offline KArantukki

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Chaotic Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 30, 2013, 09:07:22 pm »
This mod about the time of the "Thirty Years' War" (1618-1648). During this time many nations
fought each other, they fought for their religion, for power and some fought for independence.
It was a brutal time, in some parts of central europe about 20-50% of the people died by battles,
raids and diseases.

However, I'm not going focusing on the war in Germany, the mod will include other wars and theaters too,
 for example the Eighty Years' War, the Swedish-Polish wars and the wars between Spain and France (1635–1659).

Offline Jak

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 30, 2013, 09:10:15 pm »
Ok, then, I think it should be these factions:
Sweden, Polish-Lituanian, Spain and France...

Offline Albert Eisenberg

• Sergeant Major
  • That Weirdo Doe
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 2te[RB]Obst_Albert_Eisenberg
« Reply #85 on: October 30, 2013, 09:13:45 pm »
And just take out Germany???

Offline Jak

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 30, 2013, 09:21:47 pm »
Prussia and austria is in the Holy Roman empire.... ._.

Offline DanyEle

• FSE Associate
  • Sssh! I'm coding, don't disturb :D
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DanyEle
« Reply #87 on: October 30, 2013, 09:27:03 pm »

Why?

That amount of factions is breakable, with enough coding  8) .

There was no Unified Germany at that time. It was divided among a countless amount of states which formed the Holy Roman Empire.

Offline KArantukki

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Chaotic Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 30, 2013, 09:58:59 pm »
Pschhhhhh, nobody knows that we know how to add nations to NW. :D

Offline Wismar

• Donator
  • Med Gud o' Sveas allmoge för Konung och Fosterland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Radical
« Reply #89 on: October 30, 2013, 10:00:57 pm »
No spain! They have their siesta and they should be fine!