Author Topic: Let's gets the ball rolling again!  (Read 14869 times)

Offline lolman1c

• Sergeant Major
  • Royal Engineers Commander and IE Dev
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Let's gets the ball rolling again!
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2014, 03:19:33 pm »
Make proper maps then. The one showed above is more than just horrible. Unnaccatable for an offical event.

Without trying to be a dick, I have to say that Olafson is right in this. If you want to get people interested with new official scenes, make good onces. Or just use mod scenes.

In what ways is it horrible? I have very limited models to work with and it was what my commader wanted for the event he wanted to produce.

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2014, 09:15:11 pm »
I don't want to judge a map until in-game for myself.
I think it looks fine dunno what about the map would be horrible.
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

Offline lolman1c

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2014, 11:00:38 pm »
I don't want to judge a map until in-game for myself.
I think it looks fine dunno what about the map would be horrible.

It is my first public map (I have made many training maps before and other maps for my reg) and it is based directly of photographs I was sent so it's the best I could do in 3 days. Obviously I am limited on models but I'll be making a new historic map every so often so hopeful with more time I will get better. It would be nice if people could tell me what was wrong with it though after the battle. Would like to improve it over time. :D

Offline Preston

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Preston
  • Side: Union
« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2014, 05:52:49 am »
Blood&Iron pretty much died, Iron Europe hasn't! Lets get on bastards!

Offline Parrot

• Donator
  • Lieutenant Colonel - Equestrian Foreign Legion
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
  • Nick: ExParrot
« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2014, 12:08:38 pm »

I beg to differ :P A mod is only dead when the developers and the players have abandoned it completely...
Check out mods I've worked on: Blood and Iron: Age of Imperialism, and North and South!

Offline Betaknight

• Major
  • To Protect and To Serve
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Betaknight
« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2014, 12:38:41 pm »

I beg to differ :P A mod is only dead when the developers and the players have abandoned it completely...
Quite so! Good that you learned the phrase  ;)
The first modder for NW.

Offline lolman1c

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2014, 02:25:28 pm »
My regiment goes to an event with around 40 people like 3-4 times a week. The game is pretty alive on that kind of side.

Offline Jety Wawoo

• Second Lieutenant
  • Jety#3428
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jety
« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2014, 11:26:42 pm »
I will try to get 5teFKI back in here, since we have reformed.

Offline lolman1c

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2014, 11:43:49 pm »
I will try to get 5teFKI back in here, since we have reformed.

Well there are still many events that happen a lot of the time on the game. The TRF event is amazing every few times a week. Also now my regiment is having a small event every Saturday that is official.

Offline Friedrich

• Donator
  • 84e. Est. 2010. Official Non-Regiment Hopper.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Friedrich
« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2014, 05:50:53 pm »
Make proper maps then. The one showed above is more than just horrible. Unnaccatable for an offical event.

Offline lolman1c

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2014, 11:46:20 pm »

1. none of you even tried to sign up for the event and play on the map, instead you spend your time moaning about people not creating events... 2. I don't see anyone else trying to make fun non standard events in order to keep people playing the game... Why don't you spend your time learning how to create maps then produce better maps of your own and not complain about others without even given tips on how to improve it. 3. I don't see anyone else trying to make lots on new events and doing everything in their power to keep this mod alive. If people spent even a little time, like our regiment or the TRF, trying to get more players and producing an event nearly every day then this game would still have an active community. But all I see is cancelled events and people complaining because they haven't been given the most perfect amazing game in the world, for free, instantly. People on the internet need to learn how to be a little more human and become less selfish!

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2014, 11:56:04 am »
Your moaning makes no sense. I mean like what?

Why don't you spend your time learning how to create maps then produce better maps of your own and not complain about others without even given tips on how to improve it.

Offline lolman1c

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2014, 03:58:00 pm »
Your moaning makes no sense. I mean like what?

Why don't you spend your time learning how to create maps then produce better maps of your own and not complain about others without even given tips on how to improve it.

First of all it is not moaning... it's pointing out a fact that nobody at any point has told me what is wrong about the map and have just insulted it. They then go on to complain about there never been any events for this game and it's not fun. This is like people starving to death on I island then a ship washes up with food but everyone complains that the food is crap and go on to sit around complaining instead of actually getting up and looking for food.

I can take criticism on my map, I certainly know it isn't the best map in the world but what I can't take is this mods "community" of people just complaining without even trying to help in anyway. And another reason why I am slightly upset with how everyone has reacted is because there is two types of criticism. The first is one where you tell me where I went wrong with the map and help me slowly develop it in order for it to become better for everyone (this goes for the people on a whole with this mod not just my map. The second is where you just insult it and complain which helps nobody and is taken as you just attacking it in order to get an emotional response. (again how people have reacted to this mod.) And if you don't understand this then you obviously lay in the second category.

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 15, 2014, 04:58:03 pm »
Complaining and counter complaining over complaints reguarding custom maps really isn't constructive in getting people interested in Iron Europe guys.

Offline lolman1c

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2014, 05:03:30 pm »
Complaining and counter complaining over complaints reguarding custom maps really isn't constructive in getting people interested in Iron Europe guys.

You are correct. I am sorry. Let's just focus on producing lots of ideas on how to make this mod popular again!