Author Topic: Things you need to do if you wish to keep this mod alive.  (Read 10233 times)

Offline Danik

• First Lieutenant
  • Better than Justin Bieber since 1960
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Things you need to do if you wish to keep this mod alive.
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2014, 10:28:08 am »
So now pistol accuracy should be reduced because one guy found it too accurate? They are not OP at all, stop trying making this mod into NW:1916. Out of all these I agree only on new factions and urban maps.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 10:29:49 am by Danik »

Offline Weejock McFiddles

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Cabela
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2014, 11:27:52 am »
So now pistol accuracy should be reduced because one guy found it too accurate? They are not OP at all, stop trying making this mod into NW:1916. Out of all these I agree only on new factions and urban maps.

Im with this guy, but i agree with the part about regular events hosted by the actual game creators. In NW and various other mods its been seen that you cant do public events. Cause lets face it. There will always be someone to come and ruin it.

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
  • Side: Union
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2014, 01:38:45 pm »
Learn to check the game before posting suggestions...

There are no NW maps left. Servers who have NW maps in their rotation are not properly set up.
Furthermore... Killing the bot battles is not really possible. Only way would be getting rid of the bots completely.

Offline Momcilo

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2014, 02:12:00 pm »

I'm not the only person that finds the pistols too accurate.

2. Fix 3rd person if it's possible.
Not broken if you have any bit of adaptability.
It's not about adaptability, match two persons of the same skill and the one using first person will win because he doesn't have to waste a second to use his adaptability. It's broken, if it's not possible to fix it then say so, but don't say it aint.
I will say it ain't, simply because it really isn't. I have no reason to lie to you about what I truly believe and I find it insulting that you think that's what I'm doing to win this disagreement. I, and many others I know, have completely no problem playing in third person. Plus, even if third person was a disadvantage, which it isn't, it's pretty stupid to call it broken as that would mean it is unusable. I never use first person unless if shooting over an object, and can consistently get high scores. Again, I know of many others that feel the same way. Just because you don't prefer third-person doesn't mean it's broken. Not to mention what Killington has been saying, third person offers a wide range of other advantages. Trying to fix a non-existent issue is a waste of the team's time. So is trying to fix a minor disadvantage which people can easily adjust to and play on the same level as those on third person.

Wasn't my goal to insult you, it just annoys me you're saying something isn't broken when you can clearly see the crosshair offset when switching from one perspective to the other. I personally prefer the third person perspective in this game, that's why I was asking if it can be fixed because there are also huge advantages when using it. Anyway, this thread isn't for discussing the third person perspective, I've opened up another one for that where you can see the screenshots of the offset.

There are no NW maps left. Servers who have NW maps in their rotation are not properly set up.
Furthermore... Killing the bot battles is not really possible. Only way would be getting rid of the bots completely.

Didn't know the NW maps were related to servers not being properly set up, my mistake.

But about the bot servers, you say that removing them isn't possible but then state the solution in the next sentence. There are two ways to get rid of them, first would be to contact the server owners and ask them if they can remove the server and the second solution is the one you stated - getting rid of the bots completely.

The best way to decide whether the community likes them or not is to set up a poll in both forums and see the results.

Offline Friedrich

• Donator
  • 84e. Est. 2010. Official Non-Regiment Hopper.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Friedrich
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2014, 03:15:28 pm »
What most people don't understand about pistols is: it is not only the accuracy of the weapon itself, it is how it's shaped, holded (by your ingame char) and its barrel length. Even if the real pistol would technicaly hit same target 100% on 100m range, it would not be possible how the ingame char is and could hold it ingame. Try in rl to hit a target with a stretched arm on 100m. You won't, trust me. Aditionally holding the pistol with both arms would not stabilize the accuracy significantly with such a small barrel not possible, unlike a rifle. Further aiming without a long barrel and/or iron sight like on a pistol makes it even more difficult to aim.

No matter HOW the pistols are used by the char ingame, it is too accurate and as a result too op!

And trust me, I don't want a NW:1916 too. But pistols were meant to be a close range, combat, assault and melee weapon. Not a weapon for long firefights.
Pistol spam destroyed NaS public play, I don't want to happen this with IE.

So pistols should be nerfed.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 03:19:09 pm by Friedrich »

Offline Momcilo

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2014, 03:50:22 pm »
What most people don't understand about pistols is: it is not only the accuracy of the weapon itself, it is how it's shaped, holded (by your ingame char) and its barrel length. Even if the real pistol would technicaly hit same target 100% on 100m range, it would not be possible how the ingame char is and could hold it ingame. Try in rl to hit a target with a stretched arm on 100m. You won't, trust me. Aditionally holding the pistol with both arms would not stabilize the accuracy significantly with such a small barrel not possible, unlike a rifle. Further aiming without a long barrel and/or iron sight like on a pistol makes it even more difficult to aim.

No matter HOW the pistols are used by the char ingame, it is too accurate and as a result too op!

And trust me, I don't want a NW:1916 too. But pistols were meant to be a close range, combat, assault and melee weapon. Not a weapon for long firefights.
Pistol spam destroyed NaS public play, I don't want to happen this with IE.

So pistols should be nerfed.

Exactly, you basically have the same accuracy of a rifle mid range with a higher rate of fire.

Offline Palfer

• Sergeant Major
  • Fais ce que dois advienne que pourra
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Palfer
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2014, 05:41:36 pm »
Personally, I think fixing the servers so they can accommodate lots of people would be  a start (or that might have just been bad luck).

Also, people running events OUTSIDE of NW time, aka 8 or 8:15. If you truly want a 'living' mod, with a player base like NW, you need to make concessions in the form of time.

If events clash, you're effectively reducing your player base by 70%. I can't really think of an NW regiment that would sacrifice their slot in an NW LB over a Trench Battle (TB). Also, being responsive and productive in terms of adding what people want, or even taking things away.

One thing I find mightily annoying is the fact that the French LMG can hip-fire, when the German one cannot. Now, there may be reasons behind it, I don't know, but the amount of times when the NR60 have done a 1v1 within ourselves, that the whole squad was gunned-down in a sort of Scarface-like scene, by a hip-firing Frog.

On the point about pistols, I see no problem with it. As of yet, I have no problems with any of the weapons (except French LMG). When put into practice in an actual battle (I don't expect many of you to have attended one), it doesn't matter what weapon you have -- there is a 99% chance then when you're running to the enemy trench, with 50 or so guys following you, you'll be gunned down no matter what weapon they are wielding.

But yes, endorse maybe 2 or 3 events a week, deem them "Official", make them OUTSIDE of NW time, make them attractive, make them work.

Offline Palfer

• Sergeant Major
  • Fais ce que dois advienne que pourra
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Palfer
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2014, 05:44:09 pm »
That, and don't do what Olafson did and have self appointed Generals leading people in events… And let the Regiments use their own TeamSpeak.

I pulled out of the opening event Olaf hosted because he put -- 15th, 3rdFG, 17e and Nr60 together, with 15thHuss Archer as the General. A recipe for disaster.

Offline Momcilo

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2014, 06:54:47 pm »
One thing I find mightily annoying is the fact that the French LMG can hip-fire, when the German one cannot. Now, there may be reasons behind it, I don't know, but the amount of times when the NR60 have done a 1v1 within ourselves, that the whole squad was gunned-down in a sort of Scarface-like scene, by a hip-firing Frog.

I believe the French LMG can hipfire because it has a lower rate of fire than the german LMG when you're in the crouch position.

On the point about pistols, I see no problem with it. As of yet, I have no problems with any of the weapons (except French LMG). When put into practice in an actual battle (I don't expect many of you to have attended one), it doesn't matter what weapon you have -- there is a 99% chance then when you're running to the enemy trench, with 50 or so guys following you, you'll be gunned down no matter what weapon they are wielding.

I don't see the point you're trying to make here. Saying that you will die when running at the enemy trench no matter the weapon they have doesn't have anything to do with game balance, it has to do with tactics and positioning. Superior tactics does defeat stronger weapons, but we aren't talking about tactics here. You balance weapons out by putting two opponents in equally advantageous position and if they both don't have the same chance of theoretically winning the fight then one weapon is unbalanced.

To put it into an example, let's say you have two opponents of equal shooting skill both at mid range of each other with no cover between them. Now, we can't see the unbalance if we say one of them gets a headshot since it's always insta kill so we will go for body shots.

Variation 1,

Let's say the rifleman manages to shoot his opponent in the body first. He still hasn't killed him as it takes 2 shots to finish his opponent and he has to reload at which point the pistol man has the chance to shoot his opponent. Now, the guy with the pistol shoots his opponent and doesn't have to reload and on top of that his opponent is stun locked so he only has to shoot at the same position one more time and his opponent is dead. Result of the shootout - both dead, one from bleedout one from direct kill.

Variation 2,

The pistol guy shoots his opponent first, stun locks him and shoots him another time to finish him. Result of the shootout - pistol guy wins.

As you can see, when matching equally skilled opponents that will shoot eachother in the body, the rifleman has no chance to win. Therefore, pistol is op.

Offline SaxonCamel

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Roger Palfrey aka Roger the Dodger
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2014, 08:43:18 pm »
In my opinion this game is good if you like WW1

Offline Commissar Jdf

• General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: USMC_Maj_CommissarJdf
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2014, 08:50:08 pm »
The whole "this side is more op than that side" argument is really invalid. Both sides are double-edged swords. In other words, they have their pros and their cons. I genuinely prefer France because of their rifles and how they can load individual shots quickly, whereas the German rifles have to use a stripper clip in order to load their ammunition...sorry for the rifle tangent, now on to the MGs as people have been discussing! One MG is not more overpowered than another MG. You can either choose one that enables you to (as one gentleman said) "hip fire like Scarface across the field," or fire accurately at a faster rate.

Offline [15th]Harvain

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Harvain ModKiller
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2014, 10:07:34 pm »

I'm not the only person that finds the pistols too accurate.

2. Fix 3rd person if it's possible.
Not broken if you have any bit of adaptability.
It's not about adaptability, match two persons of the same skill and the one using first person will win because he doesn't have to waste a second to use his adaptability. It's broken, if it's not possible to fix it then say so, but don't say it aint.
I will say it ain't, simply because it really isn't. I have no reason to lie to you about what I truly believe and I find it insulting that you think that's what I'm doing to win this disagreement. I, and many others I know, have completely no problem playing in third person. Plus, even if third person was a disadvantage, which it isn't, it's pretty stupid to call it broken as that would mean it is unusable. I never use first person unless if shooting over an object, and can consistently get high scores. Again, I know of many others that feel the same way. Just because you don't prefer third-person doesn't mean it's broken. Not to mention what Killington has been saying, third person offers a wide range of other advantages. Trying to fix a non-existent issue is a waste of the team's time. So is trying to fix a minor disadvantage which people can easily adjust to and play on the same level as those on third person.

Wasn't my goal to insult you, it just annoys me you're saying something isn't broken when you can clearly see the crosshair offset when switching from one perspective to the other. I personally prefer the third person perspective in this game, that's why I was asking if it can be fixed because there are also huge advantages when using it. Anyway, this thread isn't for discussing the third person perspective, I've opened up another one for that where you can see the screenshots of the offset.

Didn't know the NW maps were related to servers not being properly set up, my mistake.

But about the bot servers, you say that removing them isn't possible but then state the solution in the next sentence. There are two ways to get rid of them, first would be to contact the server owners and ask them if they can remove the server and the second solution is the one you stated - getting rid of the bots completely.

The best way to decide whether the community likes them or not is to set up a poll in both forums and see the results.

The total amount of people ever on the FSE forums, is 1397. Compare that to the average amount who play M&B which is 6,500 people (this is for Native, NW and any mods). That is 0.2149230769230769% of the total daily M&B pop who at the release of IE, downloaded it.

Now compare the daily pop of IE in the last 2 days, to what it was when it started...with 300 people or so is about the average at best. So that is 0.2175489485134155%. The overall pop is going down.

More public players are needed and the forums while a central place to get info out, is not viewed by any large percentage of the overall M&B gaming community. Go on other mods, steam, facebook, etc and promote the mod or its dead.

Everyone can do the promoting. I've done my part, based off the numbers I added up, technically I told over 14,000 people on our NW HvB about IE in the weeks up to its release. Granted, most were repeats but it still was done in a way that people saw it constantly and on something they already owned.
Co-killer of the Iron Europe mod for Napoleonic Wars.

Offline Rigadoon

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rigadoon
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2014, 03:54:12 am »

It annoys me that you're saying something is broken when hundreds of people use it with no issue. Third-Person is the preference of most people who play Warband. If there was really a significant issue with it, there would be far more people voicing their complaints but so far, you're the only person to go as far as calling it broken or unusable. That and the fact that several people have pointed out valid arguments against your claim, most of which, you've failed to refute and simply ignore.

Offline Eatjello

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2014, 05:54:02 am »
I read all this and I still haven't see anyone talk about how u can't shoot though barbwire or how LMG's can shoot though alot of scene props. other then that I like this mod alot I just wish I could get into melee more  ;)

Offline Momcilo

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2014, 09:42:07 am »

It annoys me that you're saying something is broken when hundreds of people use it with no issue. Third-Person is the preference of most people who play Warband. If there was really a significant issue with it, there would be far more people voicing their complaints but so far, you're the only person to go as far as calling it broken or unusable. That and the fact that several people have pointed out valid arguments against your claim, most of which, you've failed to refute and simply ignore.

So the majority of  numbers suddenly weights more than facts supported by evidence?

Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

So you don't see anything wrong in those screenshots? I never said it was unusable, I said you're at a big disadvantage against someone using first person in a shootout and therefore when it comes to combat it's broken (It can still be used for FoV advantages). Broken stuff can still be used tho and you can adapt to it, but you will still be at a disadvantage.

The whole point of this is that I want to find out if it's hardcoded or not, haven't got an answer to that question yet.