Author Topic: Ban Mamluk  (Read 1755 times)

Offline Xeroth

• Donator
  • 3E GOD TIER
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Ban Mamluk
« on: December 01, 2012, 06:55:42 pm »
12:53 EST, 12/1/12.
On the Server NW_Official_US_1.
Was teamkilled at spawn for my musket at the round start by Mamluk_TW_Kingarthur
My proof.
Spoiler
[close]
A melee competant 6th Season NWL Champ
Karth are we still jealous of your reg?

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Ban Mamluk
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 09:24:37 pm »
One single teamkill is not a valid reason to get banned..

Offline Xeroth

• Donator
  • 3E GOD TIER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 01:14:53 am »
One single teamkill is not a valid reason to get banned..

I've seen plenty of people get banned for one simple teamkill at the round start. Should this one go unpunished just because there was no admin on?
And what makes it so bad is he knew there was no admin on so he did it, which really makes me angry.

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 01:28:25 am »
Perm/log banning a guy simply because he teamkilled someone one time is indeed not the right thing.. And not worth to ban him. Do you know how many people teamkill like a single time? They get punished with a slay. I've never seen anyone get banned for a single teamkill.

Did you even think of it, how it would be once they would log/perm ban everyone who made one teamkill?

No point on putting this onwards. It will be up to the head admin.

Offline Xeroth

• Donator
  • 3E GOD TIER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 01:36:06 am »
I guess the heat of the moment got to me, maybe a temp-ban would fit? Since I mean, a slay out of no where would be too late and look quite abusive, and I don't even think you can do that from the logs. But with all due respect Gokiller, I have seen some people at round spawn immediately teamkill the nearest player and then get banned by an admin. I didn't know how punishments work, well atleast we know to keep an eye on him.  ;)

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 06:14:14 am »
I guess the heat of the moment got to me, maybe a temp-ban would fit? Since I mean, a slay out of no where would be too late and look quite abusive, and I don't even think you can do that from the logs. But with all due respect Gokiller, I have seen some people at round spawn immediately teamkill the nearest player and then get banned by an admin. I didn't know how punishments work, well at least we know to keep an eye on him.  ;)

The only time I see someone get banned on US1 from a single teamkill is when they are a known teamkiller, a prior warning from an admin about people teamkilling and they don't listen to it, or if it is/was Betty. (The reason I posted this because this is what normally happens on US1) Yes it deserves a slay/kick but not a ban.  A punishment now is out of place imo.

(I am sure LG or Deo will say if he does it again then report it and he will be banned.)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 06:26:01 am by Thunderstormer »
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline LittleGuy

• Second Lieutenant
  • NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: LittleGuy
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 10:03:28 am »
Unfortunately, while I can guess as much is going on in your screenshot, there isn't enough concrete evidence to hold against the accused in this one screenshot for me to log ban him for any length of time. If you had a screenshot of him saying something like "I needed your musket" or any kind of incriminating confession for me to use then I'd be all over it. Even a second screenshot of a second TK.

However, like said above I hope you'll keep an eye out for this guy and immediately submit another ban request should it happen again at any time in the future. If it does, I'll be sure to ban him as soon as I see it.

Sorry bud, nothin' much I can do at the moment.

Offline Xeroth

• Donator
  • 3E GOD TIER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2012, 08:22:57 pm »
Will do, thanks, locking.