Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 520151 times)

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The General Political Thread
« Reply #5850 on: August 27, 2021, 10:24:09 am »
The sharia itself isn‘t defined but just a compilation of statements and instructions always left to be interpret. The Taliban do it in the most conservative way possible, something the majority does not agree with.

Anyway, the whole thing is totally lost and probably NATO‘s greatest defeat to this day. Plus - and this might be the only good thing we can possibly take from this debacle - after the last four turbulent years in the transatlantic alliance, we see once again that the United States simply aren’t fit for leadership anymore. Europe should finally take it‘s matters (and especially it‘s defense) into it‘s own hands and stop being so dependent.
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 41stNY_Whatever_Conway
« Reply #5851 on: August 27, 2021, 06:25:27 pm »
The sharia itself isn‘t defined but just a compilation of statements and instructions always left to be interpret. The Taliban do it in the most conservative way possible, something the majority does not agree with.

Anyway, the whole thing is totally lost and probably NATO‘s greatest defeat to this day. Plus - and this might be the only good thing we can possibly take from this debacle - after the last four turbulent years in the transatlantic alliance, we see once again that the United States simply aren’t fit for leadership anymore. Europe should finally take it‘s matters (and especially it‘s defense) into it‘s own hands and stop being so dependent.
It's not difficult to call Afghanistan NATO's greatest defeat when the three other wars were all victories. The U.S managed to remain fit for leadership after the categorically bigger defeat it faced in Vietnam. It doesn't follow that despite having a larger and more advanced military than ever, 22,000 casualties in a counter-insurgency over a 20 year period voids it's ability to protect it's allies.

Not certain what you mean by "turbulent last four years" in NATO. If by that you mean the Trump presidency, then your final recommendation for Europe to look to it's own defence basically aligns itself with his policy towards NATO.

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
« Reply #5852 on: August 27, 2021, 08:55:35 pm »
It's not difficult to call Afghanistan NATO's greatest defeat when the three other wars were all victories. The U.S managed to remain fit for leadership after the categorically bigger defeat it faced in Vietnam. It doesn't follow that despite having a larger and more advanced military than ever, 22,000 casualties in a counter-insurgency over a 20 year period voids it's ability to protect it's allies.

Not certain what you mean by "turbulent last four years" in NATO. If by that you mean the Trump presidency, then your final recommendation for Europe to look to it's own defence basically aligns itself with his policy towards NATO.
Should have said 'the West' instead of NATO, my bad.

The problem I see is not a military one; it would be a damn shame if even with this needlessly big military budget the United States wouldn't be capable of executing large military operations. No, it is much more one of political will to take over the leadership of the West and not just think 'America first'. The hasty and uncommunicative retreat out of Afghanistan is just another example of that apparently lacking.

By 'transatlantic alliance' I mean the traditionally close partnership between European countries and the US, not just NATO. The Trump presidency and it's continuous attacks have left a bitter taste for most Europeans. Even though Biden is trying his best to act like nothing has happened, these wounds will need time to heal. Though, will they have the sufficent time to? What if after the current chaos Trump gets another 4 years? Or another politican with similar views on foreign affairs?

I am by no means proposing for Europe to cut all it's ties with the United States - a proposal most unrealistic with nothing to gain from neither sides anyway - but the current events in addition to the experiences made by Europe the past years should lead to them being more pro-active and independent, since you simply cannot fully rely on the United States anymore.
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #5853 on: August 30, 2021, 04:10:48 pm »
Latest election projection has the CPC in the lead, but still statistically tied with the LPC. I was not expecting these kind of numbers - but there's still a few weeks to go, so not over yet!

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Earth Bby

• FSE's Official Annoying English-Person
  • Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #5854 on: September 01, 2021, 01:37:52 pm »
Can we discuss inflation / if American is immune to it and they can just let the machine go brrrr because the banks own the money and not the people?

As this is a game forum let's keep it on topic, if the dollar does go nuclear the entire games industry will be wiped out.

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #5855 on: September 01, 2021, 06:53:51 pm »
Can we discuss inflation / if American is immune to it and they can just let the machine go brrrr because the banks own the money and not the people?

As this is a game forum let's keep it on topic, if the dollar does go nuclear the entire games industry will be wiped out.

People will game regardless if the dollar is worth zero.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Earth Bby

• Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #5856 on: September 01, 2021, 07:28:16 pm »

Majority of large western development companies use dollars to pay developers / fund their own development staff. Customers aren't the issue.

You'll see the rise of Eastern influence in video game media just like we're seeing with social media.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
« Reply #5857 on: September 01, 2021, 08:51:42 pm »
Is it a bad thing that I think Democracy is a joke and I wish the world still welcomed authoritarian style leadership and governments?

Offline Earth Bby

• Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #5858 on: September 01, 2021, 09:25:33 pm »
Is it a bad thing that I think Democracy is a joke and I wish the world still welcomed authoritarian style leadership and governments?

Are you the Bart Baker of FSE

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
« Reply #5859 on: September 01, 2021, 09:44:54 pm »
weak bait

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
« Reply #5860 on: September 01, 2021, 11:05:13 pm »

Majority of large western development companies use dollars to pay developers / fund their own development staff. Customers aren't the issue.

You'll see the rise of Eastern influence in video game media just like we're seeing with social media.

ALL HAIL CHAIRMAN XI

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
« Reply #5861 on: September 01, 2021, 11:13:05 pm »
weak bait

No, I am serious. Democracy is slow, weak and inefficient. We need a new form of government that combines the good morals of democracy with the efficiency and strength of an authoritarian government.

Offline Earth Bby

• Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #5862 on: September 01, 2021, 11:26:44 pm »
weak bait

No, I am serious. Democracy is slow, weak and inefficient. We need a new form of government that combines the good morals of democracy with the efficiency and strength of an authoritarian government.

External powers - previous administration Vs good intentions - morals

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5863 on: September 02, 2021, 12:43:21 am »
weak bait

Slow isnt bad if you ask me. Also history isnt really backing your argument pal
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Offline LEVIS

• Major
  • 13e
    • View Profile
  • Nick: je me souviens
« Reply #5864 on: September 02, 2021, 03:57:02 am »
weak bait

Slow isnt bad if you ask me. Also history isnt really backing your argument pal
let him be its been 5 years that he has been trying to be a pro csgo player