Author Topic: Help wanted for upcoming Napoleonic Wars patch  (Read 14343 times)

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Help wanted for upcoming Napoleonic Wars patch
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2017, 02:53:42 am »
With the help of Grozni, we should now have flag bearers and musicians for each regiment that has them and play music in CB.  He supplied most of the stuff, and i took it and applied it, while tweaking and adding to it.  On top of that, class limits now work on CB, so no more heavy cav spam, or other annoying spam that you can see in CB .  obviously there are a  lot variables to be tested.   I am still tweaking it as we speak but from what i seen, it works.   you can find more specifics in the test server thread. 

The trees were updated as well, so the main branches should stop bullets among other things.  The main tree trunk should be better overall as well. 

i think that is the main stuff i wanted to cover for now.   if anything else comes to mind, i'll just edit this or make a new post. 
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Mohawky

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2017, 11:49:35 am »
With the help of Grozni, we should now have flag bearers and musicians for each regiment that has them and play music in CB.  He supplied most of the stuff, and i took it and applied it, while tweaking and adding to it.  On top of that, class limits now work on CB, so no more heavy cav spam, or other annoying spam that you can see in CB .  obviously there are a  lot variables to be tested.   I am still tweaking it as we speak but from what i seen, it works.   you can find more specifics in the test server thread. 

The trees were updated as well, so the main branches should stop bullets among other things.  The main tree trunk should be better overall as well. 

i think that is the main stuff i wanted to cover for now.   if anything else comes to mind, i'll just edit this or make a new post.

Sounds cool, will make commander battle servers much easier. Will this change also affect Bot Siege Servers?

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2017, 09:46:13 pm »

Sounds cool, will make commander battle servers much easier. Will this change also affect Bot Siege Servers?
My goal is to make all these com battle changes to only effect com battles currently.  With that said, i have been trying to mark every change in the patch, and when we release the notes and files, it should have a list saying what is what.   so all one would need to do is copy what you like, and bring it over to another mode.   or maybe just remove the checks that make it for com battle.

IDK how those bot servers work when it comes to spawning stuff so i cant tell you how easy it would be to bring it over. 

Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

Offline Mohawky

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2017, 10:42:16 am »

My goal is to make all these com battle changes to only effect com battles currently.  With that said, i have been trying to mark every change in the patch, and when we release the notes and files, it should have a list saying what is what.   so all one would need to do is copy what you like, and bring it over to another mode.   or maybe just remove the checks that make it for com battle.

IDK how those bot servers work when it comes to spawning stuff so i cant tell you how easy it would be to bring it over.

Cheers, we have our own scripts for bot spawning, including flags, musicians and elites we call berserkers. I was more concerned that a universal change to bot spawning would affect what we already have  :  0 But that seems not to be the case - cheers!

Offline Xethos

• Knight of Blueberry
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik_Marshal_Xethos
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2017, 12:44:01 am »
Bot fights have been improved for commander battle.

Spoiler
[close]
04:25:13 - [Cup_of_Tea] Hey Xethos! I bet you're a gentleman of less than reputable quality!

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2017, 12:58:31 am »
high intensity music duels. 

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

anyways, i think we are done with the patch.  Im not getting any more errors.   The com battle stuff is the hardest to test, and has so many variables, so i hope it works well.   There is some stuff i currently haven't been able to get error free that i took out.   I might see if it can be fixed. it is the part where depending on the unit and instrument, they play # songs they have available.(some units only have 2, other have 5)   i may just post the code, and people can take it from there.    most annoying part is testing it, and seeing what is wrong, because that requires more than one person.  and i dont like wasting peoples time. 

Offline PhilosophicalPhilosopher

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Throw Up The X steam name
  • Nick: ThrowUpTheX
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2017, 08:44:46 pm »
Fix unblockable
Fix sideblock glitch
Fix pokes
Make everyplayers ping 0
Make people regen health
Captain of ChimpZ
Mount and Blade : Warband
Steam Library Mount and Blade
Steam Games Warband
SteamID Steam Napoleonic Wars MountBlade £20.00

Offline Butler

• Second Lieutenant
  • IRE Cheerleader
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Asian_Butler
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2017, 01:34:46 am »
Fix unblockable
Fix sideblock glitch
Fix pokes
Make everyplayers ping 0
Make people regen health
yes
yes
yes
die
wtf

Offline Vincenzo

• Flying Squirrel Dev
  • FSE Developer
  • Dutchman living in Allenstein, Ostpreußen.
    • View Profile
    • Flying Squirrel Entertainment
  • Nick: FSE_Vincenzo
  • Side: Union
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2017, 10:39:41 am »
Fix unblockable
Fix sideblock glitch
Fix pokes
Make everyplayers ping 0
Make people regen health
Done
Done
reduced it a bit
impossible
no.

THe patch is going good guys, please keep giving us suggestions and bug reports, before it's too late, your last chance is now. if you need anything changed..

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2017, 10:41:07 am »
Fix unblockable
Fix sideblock glitch
Fix pokes
Make everyplayers ping 0
Make people regen health
Done
Done
reduced it a bit
impossible
no.

THe patch is going good guys, please keep giving us suggestions and bug reports, before it's too late, your last chance is now. if you need anything changed..
VERY NICE

Offline Knightmare

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2017, 10:41:19 am »
Remove Chambers
ez

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2017, 10:41:39 am »
you fixed the sideblock glitch? wtfff???? fucking legends actually i love u

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2017, 10:42:47 am »
X wants health to regen so that when Voluble is in a 1v1 it'll last even longer

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2017, 10:44:21 am »
X wants health to regen so that when Voluble is in a 1v1 it'll last even longer
xd i want sideblock fixed because it affects even autoblock when it shows correct block but does side SAD

Offline Keita

• Major General
  • deco, mezzala, regista, guiniesta, picolas nepe
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2017, 12:49:48 pm »
oh nice
balenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balenci