Author Topic: incorrect authorization key  (Read 13617 times)

Offline Thomaas

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • UK-Thomas
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 16e_Ligne_Sgt_Thomas
  • Side: Confederacy
incorrect authorization key
« on: January 30, 2013, 09:14:40 pm »
Hi Guys Basically Iv been playing this game for around a year and never had a problem with the game at all but now it says this*   incorrect authorization key* I was playing in a Line battle and when It was over I left the server. When I tried to join a new server it came up with that and I tried to go on other servers and still it said  * incorrect authorization key *

If anyone know Please help thank you

Offline Christopher

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just another plebian
    • View Profile
Re: incorrect authorization key
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 11:24:08 pm »
If you haven't already tried this try turning on and off your computer I had this problem a little while ago and i shut off my computer and turned it back on right away and it was fixed.
“It is the way of the Guard. We stay as long as we can. Fight as hard as we can. Kill as much as we can. Only when we can do no more do we move on.”
"La garde meurt mais ne se rend pas! (Translation: The guard dies but does not surrender!)"

Wisconsin best state of Sin

Offline Thomaas

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • UK-Thomas
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 16e_Ligne_Sgt_Thomas
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 11:30:40 pm »
If you haven't already tried this try turning on and off your computer I had this problem a little while ago and i shut off my computer and turned it back on right away and it was fixed.

Thanks will do

Offline 0xC000009D

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 09:24:19 am »
Make sure you do not pirate games and network cable is properly connected. It can also be a problem with the registry, in this case, you must ensure that the record, which is key.

Offline TaintedTurnip

• Private
  • Tharan's Lord & Master
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 7te_Fus_TaintedTurnip
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 01:17:51 pm »
This happened to me a few weeks ago, restarting never helped, but using a secure connection (if you google it, you should find out how, you have to edit a config file somewhere) helped me out.

Offline Rackio

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rackio
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2013, 04:25:49 pm »
righto,
           had this problem a few times and know of other who have had it.
list of tryable solution:
1) you was on a server that restarted map or reset as you were joining, this then creates a blip in paradox/talewords cd keys and this error appears, one way of fixing this is if you can find the origional server you got this from and get them to fully restart the server (take it down put it back up) then retry joining.
2) you can delete a file within steam files called clientregistry.blob and Appupdatestats.blob - this for some will refresh the keys and re authorise the ones you had. its just in the main steam folder not in the mods or games just below all the files.
to do this stop steam - delete files- restart steam and it'll re-add the files and refresh them
3) go to the taleworlds forums and activate your steam CD manually on their database so it will take your steam one and your paradox key at the same time.

when i had this error none of this worked for me but worked for some. For me it was working the next day just had to leave it overnight for everything to fix itself.

regards Rackio
I'll always be sympathetic to your plight, Rackio. Probably not enough to act, but enough to care.

Offline Mikeosix

• Corporal
  • For god's sake take the bloody hill already!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2014, 03:42:25 pm »
how do i find the hardware hash if i bought it on steam