Author Topic: North American Napoleonic Wars League [Season 6]  (Read 357093 times)

Offline ibsocal

• Major General
  • Leader of horses, winner of things
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1LH/1erCG Major IB
  • Side: Neutral
Re: North American Napoleonic Wars League [Season 6] STARTS 2/19
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2016, 11:52:11 am »
We were invited with them knowing what we're using. Jorge said we're good to use it in TNWL as well.

Were all pretty much players in specialty regiments(Cav/Arty) so its not really easy to get many people who want to play competitively or as infantry from our regiments, so we're pretty much forced to band together as a Korps. Id liken it to the way the 63e use their players in their regiment who want to compete in their own subgroup, seeing as we both have a much larger group of players that play every role actively and both are long standing groups that have been around for many years. In that sense the 63e and the IV are essentially the same organization wise, the difference being the wording; As in where the 63e  would be Regiment>Company, We would be Korps>Regiment.

But if we few retired no named/untested/specialty players scare you so much as to want to band together with a majority of the competitive community, then im quite honored that you think so highly of us and so little of yourselves ;D

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2016, 12:04:57 pm »
Ok guys im here to announce the formation of a HMS + 4th + 3e brigade. We are signing up together and will compete as 1 regiment.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

[close]
[close]
[close]

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2016, 12:25:07 pm »
We were invited with them knowing what we're using. Jorge said we're good to use it in TNWL as well.

Were all pretty much players in specialty regiments(Cav/Arty) so its not really easy to get many people who want to play competitively or as infantry from our regiments, so we're pretty much forced to band together as a Korps. Id liken it to the way the 63e use their players in their regiment who want to compete in their own subgroup, seeing as we both have a much larger group of players that play every role actively and both are long standing groups that have been around for many years. In that sense the 63e and the IV are essentially the same organization wise, the difference being the wording; As in where the 63e  would be Regiment>Company, We would be Korps>Regiment.

But if we few retired no named/untested/specialty players scare you so much as to want to band together with a majority of the competitive community, then im quite honored that you think so highly of us and so little of yourselves ;D

I mean, it can be directed back at you lol, if you have so little confidence in your own regiments that you have to band together to have a fighting chance. It's just a testament to how bad the competitive community has gotten to where people don't even represent their own regiments anymore and band together like that, my post was to show how easy it is to do that and how stupid it really is.

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2016, 12:25:35 pm »
Ok guys im here to announce the formation of a HMS + 4th + 3e brigade. We are signing up together and will compete as 1 regiment.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

[close]
[close]
[close]

Sounds good, let the brigade wars begin, may the best brigade win.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2016, 12:36:03 pm »
I disagree with label as a moderator. He won't give me admin pass for nagf
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2016, 12:40:32 pm »

I mean, it can be directed back at you lol, if you have so little confidence in your own regiments that you have to band together to have a fighting chance. It's just a testament to how bad the competitive community has gotten to where people don't even represent their own regiments anymore and band together like that, my post was to show how easy it is to do that and how stupid it really is.

To be completely fair with IB, people do band together like that. Its called forming a regiment.

just saying

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2016, 12:43:28 pm »

To be completely fair with IB, people do band together like that. Its called forming a regiment.

just saying

Then disband the regiments they are in and form a new one, not just take the best people in the regiments within a brigade to form a competitive line.

"30. - Having members that are in 2 or more regiments is against the rules! Those people who are in multiple regiments will be banned and if the regiments knowingly accepted someone from another regiment just so as to play the person, they can be banned too! European and Australian players are allowed however, seeing as they are in a separate community! Being in multiple regimental steam groups is considered double-reging! You can remain in regimental steam groups of regiments that are inactive/disbanded, but not in active ones!"

May as well just remove this rule all together.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 01:04:02 pm by Stroke0fd34th »

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2016, 01:08:07 pm »
Well. That all depends on what you define as a "regiment". Technically speaking, it could just be a bunch of players who identify together and sign up as a team. In this case they all are under IV, and they signed up their most competitive players. That isn't much different from what the 63e do.

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2016, 01:13:07 pm »
Well. That all depends on what you define as a "regiment". Technically speaking, it could just be a bunch of players who identify together and sign up as a team. In this case they all are under IV, and they signed up their most competitive players. That isn't much different from what the 63e do.

The 63e are a very big regiment, but they are just 1 regiment. This is like the definition of double regging, maybe even triple regging if you consider the IV as a separate regiment.

"Having members that are in 2 or more regiments is against the rules!"

"Being in multiple regimental steam groups is considered double-reging! You can remain in regimental steam groups of regiments that are inactive/disbanded, but not in active ones!"

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2016, 01:19:52 pm »
This just loops back around to the same question then.

What is a regiment?

The way I see it, a regiment is just simply a team. That rule you quoted earlier was just to prevent people from being on multiple teams.

The way I see it, IV is just one big team. If they put together a competitive line to do NWL, good for them. I have no qualms with it as long as none of those players are on other teams.

As for what you said earlier about "how easy it is to do". It's not that easy. Making a brigade like that is similar to merging,  and they can be quite complicated.

However all this is my opinion, it is up to the mods to decide what a regiment is, and they quite clearly have decided IV fits their definition. There is no debate to be had, really.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 01:24:00 pm by AP0CALYPS3 »

Offline ibsocal

• Major General
  • Leader of horses, winner of things
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1LH/1erCG Major IB
« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2016, 01:34:10 pm »

Nowhere in that post did I mention my confidence in the group or regiments, as it stands I'm quite certain the regiments in the group are very respected for what they actually commit themselves to(Cav/Arty). But tbh it sounds a lot more like this is about you having confidence problems yourself, While its clear Apoc was joking you yourself clearly weren't.

To mention that the state of the competitive community as bad as you have.. it sounds a lot like you are one of the people who may be responsible for it getting that bad by alienating possible new competitors, would you rather no new stable competition shows up? perhaps a few of your rivals disband so you only have to face clearly weaker foes? because that's sure what it's starting to sound like to me at least.

And least of all to claim what we are attempting to do as easy? Yes, ofcourse.. making time in my busy schedule apart from Leading/Training the rest of my regiment which attends 5 events a week and running the 4 events I do weekly for the community that I've been doing for years.. it's just soooooo easy.

A little poem I wrote for our naysayers
You see.. We've been here forever and we wont leave so soon, While we may not be great but that may not always hold true. With all of your complaints I could knit you a sweater, But we'll be here until the end so we can only get better. We've only our few players with the desire to play and that's truly all this is at the end of the day. But with those few we certainly intend to try, So if you're still so afraid of us then I suppose you can cry.
[close]

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2016, 01:39:24 pm »
retracting my retraction, but the gif stays.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 02:42:18 pm by Stroke0fd34th »

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2016, 01:42:05 pm »
Woah let's all calm down here.

IB I don't think it's so much Godfreid having confidence issues, as it is him having a complaint about what, at least in his eyes, is fighting a regiment full of "doublereggers".

As for Godfreid, besides the fact I think what IV is doing is fine and practically no different than what large regiments do. (63e has a guard for a reason). Besides, IB has a point. Why turn away new competition?

Also calling the different branches of IV different active regiments is a stretch. It just seems to me like different detachments of a large body. (Arty, Cav, Line etc.)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 01:44:29 pm by AP0CALYPS3 »

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2016, 01:44:00 pm »

Nowhere in that post did I mention my confidence in the group or regiments, as it stands I'm quite certain the regiments in the group are very respected for what they actually commit themselves to(Cav/Arty). But tbh it sounds a lot more like this is about you having confidence problems yourself, While its clear Apoc was joking you yourself clearly weren't.

To mention that the state of the competitive community as bad as you have.. it sounds a lot like you are one of the people who may be responsible for it getting that bad by alienating possible new competitors, would you rather no new stable competition shows up? perhaps a few of your rivals disband so you only have to face clearly weaker foes? because that's sure what it's starting to sound like to me at least.

And least of all to claim what we are attempting to do as easy? Yes, ofcourse.. making time in my busy schedule apart from Leading/Training the rest of my regiment which attends 5 events a week and running the 4 events I do weekly for the community that I've been doing for years.. it's just soooooo easy.

A little poem I wrote for our naysayers
You see.. We've been here forever and we wont leave so soon, While we may not be great but that may not always hold true. With all of your complaints I could knit you a sweater, But we'll be here until the end so we can only get better. We've only our few players with the desire to play and that's truly all this is at the end of the day. But with those few we certainly intend to try, So if you're still so afraid of us then I suppose you can cry.
[close]

It's not about my confidence, my first competitive experience was bringing back a bunch of rusty guys who hadn't played in a year to compete in TNWL. I'm just shocked that all the time I spent getting those guys and recruiting/training new guys, I could've just taken the easy road and joined a brigade then mixed my best with theirs.

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2016, 01:49:35 pm »
Godfreid I really think you are overreacting here.
Here, I will get back on my computer and we will talk about this all professional-like in teamspeak, aight?