Author Topic: Wasting time.  (Read 16996 times)

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
  • Side: Union
Wasting time.
« on: March 20, 2015, 04:58:03 pm »
So Like many others in this community, I spent about three years of my life basically based around NW and the community. When I turned 18 and had to focus on real life I realized how absolutely wasted the past years were, pursuing goals that meant nothing, and getting worked up over what is really just a game.

If I could go back I would trll myself to stay away from NW and do real life shit. Life has been so much better not carinng about all the arbitrary bullshit of internet regiments.

What are your guys thoughts on this? How do you justify the obsurd amount of time we have collectively devoted to this game?

My advice to everyone is turn off the game and live your lives.
Pointy stick champion

AeroNinja

Re: Wasting time.
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 05:02:07 pm »
I really agree with you Walko. I had a big addiction to this forum and Game. Some friendships I just had to let go just for some freakin game. I decided to do more with my irl friends and not to go much on PC. And it works. Also my grades go deep down with the addiction I had. I had to work it all up. You are right, people need to spend more real life time than sitting hours and hours on this forum and game.

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 05:11:08 pm »
It's called time management.  It's up to you to control if you have an addiction or not, you cannot blame anyone or any entity for it.  It's a game after all and the satisfaction of playing this game may be higher than that of doing real life stuff, for me I found that balance years ago.

Offline Destiny

• Second Lieutenant
  • The real Destiny
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 20th_CSjt_Destiny
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 05:12:39 pm »
warband is life
have you considered going sailors and/or partizani might ruin the lb for other regiments?
Itll ruin it for others? id say make it more fun to see a bunch of partizani or sailors rushing b

AeroNinja

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 05:12:52 pm »
That is also true. Found the Balance too late myself. I just wish I never played.

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2015, 05:26:01 pm »
It's called time management.  It's up to you to control if you have an addiction or not, you cannot blame anyone or any entity for it.  It's a game after all and the satisfaction of playing this game may be higher than that of doing real life stuff, for me I found that balance years ago.

Of course, I was more emphasising the fact that I let this became more than just entertainment, and was consumed by it, and lloking back I regret spending over 1,500 hours doing something that doesn't really mean much, when Incould have been using it for so many other things.

I guess I'm just trying to say that NW put blinders on my life and made me miss a bunch of oppurunities that I should have taken.
Pointy stick champion

Offline Gared

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Yusuf
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2015, 05:28:15 pm »
Uh, Karth is right, as long as you can manage your time it works. You can still play NW and be in the community, but number one rule is to always put more time IRL than in game. Always reserve yourself a time to play, but not all day. 2 hours to 4 is enought on the week ends, like at nights. 8pm to 11 is good enought.

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2015, 05:29:54 pm »

Of course, I was more emphasising the fact that I let this became more than just entertainment, and was consumed by it, and lloking back I regret spending over 1,500 hours doing something that doesn't really mean much, when Incould have been using it for so many other things.

I guess I'm just trying to say that NW put blinders on my life and made me miss a bunch of oppurunities that I should have taken.

If you think like that: watching TV also makes you miss a bunch of opportunities in life, along with any other form on virtual entertainment.  1500 hours of you being happy/enjoying something you like playing is something you have to have some value for.. cant always think "missed opportunities" and look down on it.  Playing a linebattle 3 times a week is nothing, thats literally like watching a movie or 2.  It all comes down to how to manage that time, and how to value it. Not gonna go into economics and opportunity costs but you get my drift

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2015, 06:34:31 pm »
Had that back in the day when I still really enjoyed NW, -> MM. When I was around 13-15.

Now I pretty much only play it when I'm bored. But a lot of time was wasted those years...

Offline Peter Broetz

• Brigadier General
  • batteries
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2015, 07:22:13 pm »
Eat your shoes

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2015, 07:53:44 pm »
Had that back in the day when I still really enjoyed NW, -> MM. When I was around 13-15.

Now I pretty much only play it when I'm bored. But a lot of time was wasted those years...

Lies

He plays M&B everyday, the entire day, even at work

Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline Alexander

• Colonel
  • https://twitter.com/6motm
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2015, 07:55:06 pm »
Take me 100% seriously when I say this.

Game is life. Life is game.
Former leader of NA's - 5th, 75th 
Former Lt of the 54th
Former CSjt of 71st
https://twitter.com/6motm
https://www.twitch.tv/motm

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2015, 08:32:50 pm »
As Karth said. It is pretty much how much time you devoted to the game and how much you let it affect your actual life. I have never let any aspect of NW over take anything remotely important or fun irl. If there is a tournament or big event I would always miss it for a party or a gathering. It really depends on how it affected you.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2015, 09:08:43 pm »
It's called time management.

And self-discipline.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Nicos

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2015, 10:50:26 pm »
Depends the way you play the game.I just left my regiment for some reasons that one of those were IRL stuff.I was leading 16th and as it was a new regiment i needed to do a lot of stuff to keep it alive and improve it.So when someone is playing as a ranker  in a regiment he doesnt really need to waste that much time to play the game.He basically plays the game cause he enjoys it.But when you have responsibilities in a regiment as an NCO/CO you want you regiment to improve in any way it can.So you play more and more to do your best to improve it.That is when you waste time.