Author Topic: Wasting time.  (Read 17066 times)

Offline Stunned Lime

• Major
  • Hella O's
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Wasting time.
« Reply #120 on: June 17, 2015, 02:52:15 am »
Gaming is fun but in the end it's really not the most productive thing you can be doing, especially if you are in still in high school. Karth is right, it is about time management but a lot of people in the end especially in this community aren't mature enough to balance school, personal health, and NW all in one and I will be the first person to say I wasn't mature enough to.  After I quit playing, I noticed my grades improve at least half a letter grade in all my subjects. I also was less stressed out because I didn't have to worry about dumbass regiment stuff. I found I had more free time to spend with my family and generally felt better because I wasn't sitting in front of a computer for 5-7 hours a day. My advice is if you are in high school, especially if you are a regiment leader or officer, please focus on your school work more than your regiment. I closed a lot of doors for myself by getting average-ish grades in high school rather than do the best I could have. But I'm sure there are people here that can manage their life better than I could so give yourselves a pat on the back.
Whata loser

Offline The Mighty McLovin

• Deserves a better title than this
  • Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #121 on: June 17, 2015, 07:10:14 pm »
Gaming is fun but in the end it's really not the most productive thing you can be doing, especially if you are in still in high school. Karth is right, it is about time management but a lot of people in the end especially in this community aren't mature enough to balance school, personal health, and NW all in one and I will be the first person to say I wasn't mature enough to.  After I quit playing, I noticed my grades improve at least half a letter grade in all my subjects. I also was less stressed out because I didn't have to worry about dumbass regiment stuff. I found I had more free time to spend with my family and generally felt better because I wasn't sitting in front of a computer for 5-7 hours a day. My advice is if you are in high school, especially if you are a regiment leader or officer, please focus on your school work more than your regiment. I closed a lot of doors for myself by getting average-ish grades in high school rather than do the best I could have. But I'm sure there are people here that can manage their life better than I could so give yourselves a pat on the back.

Some of the things what you said are true.

But you say that this isn't productive, and I disagree with you. You can be productive, just look in the Mini Modifications page. This will help you become a better texturer and modeller, and look at some of the mods people have made. I don't think this is unproductive.

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #122 on: June 18, 2015, 03:27:05 am »
after this was made it seems Walko has started a trend of people pretending to quit NW lol

Offline Bear

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 18, 2015, 04:38:01 pm »
Thats been going on since before Walko

Offline Locust

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 19, 2015, 04:10:11 am »

Some of the things what you said are true.

But you say that this isn't productive, and I disagree with you. You can be productive, just look in the Mini Modifications page. This will help you become a better texturer and modeller, and look at some of the mods people have made. I don't think this is unproductive.
That's true, I haven't thought about that. But I think only a small percentage of people make warband mods. I've only known several.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #125 on: June 19, 2015, 04:22:17 am »
IMO, many people play this game and chill on the internet in general to get away from shit happening irl. Gotta say i'm in that boat, getting good at NW gave me a purpose and becoming a forum memer gave me something fun to do that doesn't bring up shit irl.

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
« Reply #126 on: June 19, 2015, 04:28:54 am »
after this was made it seems Walko has started a trend of people pretending to quit NW lol

I don't play NW anymore, just fuck around with people who take the Internet too seriously
Pointy stick champion

Offline fieldshire

• First Lieutenant
  • Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: #FreeFieldshire
« Reply #127 on: June 19, 2015, 05:23:28 am »
I play too much Europa.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 19, 2015, 07:37:52 am »
I play RO2 almost exclusively now and honestly it's gotten almost as bad as it was for me in NW. Some days I play for like six hours straight, and then I take a half hour break to eat or get up and I get back to it. Usually it's more like 3-4 hours per day on average though. Not the greatest.

Offline Thundersnow

• Captain
  • Overlord of the 00th Regiment, Time and Space.
    • View Profile
    • www.PlanetThundersnow.com
« Reply #129 on: June 19, 2015, 09:55:02 am »
I spent a ton of time playing Hearthstone.

Then I was like "Hey, why the fuck am I spending tons of time playing Hearthstone?" 

Problem solved.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 19, 2015, 03:10:38 pm »
Cool.

Offline Layton

• Second Lieutenant
  • [82e] Dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 19, 2015, 05:19:25 pm »
If you left NW why you on the NW Forums? Just go live your life then don't need to tell us all lol!

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 19, 2015, 06:31:01 pm »
Every issue here could have been solved with better self-reflection and/or time management. NW is not the sole culprit for being so hopelessly addictive and eating up your life  :P
<3

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
« Reply #133 on: June 19, 2015, 08:05:07 pm »
I play RO2 almost exclusively now and honestly it's gotten almost as bad as it was for me in NW. Some days I play for like six hours straight, and then I take a half hour break to eat or get up and I get back to it. Usually it's more like 3-4 hours per day on average though. Not the greatest.

Get a life you God damn neckbeard
Pointy stick champion

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
« Reply #134 on: June 19, 2015, 08:14:14 pm »
I like the new Walko.
The question remains, will he eat shoes?