Author Topic: An Idea I had.  (Read 1382 times)

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
  • Side: Union
An Idea I had.
« on: March 25, 2014, 10:28:26 pm »
I just had an idea of making creating some sort of regiment filter/quiz to help players find regiments.

Basically it would have a list of regiments, and eliminate regiments based on the persons answers to questions:

for example:

1. What timezone are you available for?

A. EU (8 pm BST/ 3 pm EST)
B. NA (1 am BST/ 8 pm EST)
C. EU/NA

this would eliminate all EU regiments given to the person.

2. What class would you like to play?

A. line Infantry
B. Skirmishers
C. Cavalry
D. Artillery

This would eliminate all regiments that are not the class the person would want.

3. How big a regiment would you want?

A. 5-10 per event
B. 10-20 per event
C. 20-30 per event
D. +40 per event

these are just examples, I was just wondering what the community thinks of the idea?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 10:30:59 pm by Walko »
Pointy stick champion

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
Re: An Idea I had.
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 10:29:24 pm »
Oops, let me fix code.
Pointy stick champion

Offline FrithBiscuit

• Colonel
  • PM me for pics, cutest Grimbarian
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 10:29:28 pm »
So a website or program would have to be made? Also, the regiments in this would have to be kept up to date 110%
Current:
Past: 63e CdB, 43rd Ens, 28th Lt, 1stElbe Lt

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 10:31:26 pm »
So a website or program would have to be made? Also, the regiments in this would have to be kept up to date 110%

Indeed to both, hopefully it could be done with a regiment list that is kept up to date.
Pointy stick champion

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 10:31:37 pm »
It sounds like a great idea but you'd probably have to make this with what I believe are radio buttons in html code, the kinds you can check multiple off, as opposed to just one. That way, if someone wants to join a bi-continental regiment, or multi role regiment, he can still find options and not just be forced into something he doesn't exactly want.
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 10:33:26 pm »
It sounds like a great idea but you'd probably have to make this with what I believe are radio buttons in html code, the kinds you can check multiple off, as opposed to just one. That way, if someone wants to join a bi-continental regiment, or multi role regiment, he can still find options and not just be forced into something he doesn't exactly want.

Yea you are right.
Pointy stick champion

Offline Apollo

• Colonel
  • NW Official Administrator; apparent god of the sun
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Apollo
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 12:37:02 am »
Good idea, Walko. Needs a little work, but a very good idea, nonetheless.

Offline Fungus

• Major
  • The original shrigma male
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jr Pet Detective Fungus
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2014, 01:11:45 am »
A fine idea Walko, but shouldn't you be concentrating on how you are going to consume your own foot wear??
Listen to me big fat red haired spastic, you don't have half of my intelectual capacity, you are a fucking brain less animal, i think your mother throwed you on a wall when you were a baby and this is why you have the same brain as a monkey,
You understand nothing, this is why you are working at 20, because your brain did not allowed you to go to school to grab a decent degree, being toxic on a video game is not the same as being retarded, you should try to do some maths exercices because remember you can't even count to 10 if you remember one of the recent tournament, so now go threat your gambling addiction before your mom kick you out of her house.
And you should also go in an asylum, you get triggered by a fucking game and go in depression, deleting everyone on Steam and setting your profile as private, you cunt.

Offline Wardop

• Captain
  • 1a Svea Livgarde - live from an iphone hotspot
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wardope
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2014, 01:42:21 am »
And not to be a downer, but less than 1% of all new recruits come from the forums

Offline NickyJ

• Major General
  • The Twilight Zone
    • View Profile
  • Nick: LIR_Lieut_NickyJ
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2014, 02:10:05 am »
The big deal breaker for me is what time regiments attend linebattles, and it bugs the heck out of me that very few regiments actually list it publicly. In my opinion, it's the second most important part of a regiment. (The first being timezone.)

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2014, 02:14:43 am »
Maybe something like this could be attempted for BCOF. I think with the new regimental overlay in-game there are tons of new possibilities for recruitment and communication. Hopefully things won't be forced to conducted on the forums anymore.

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2014, 03:03:25 am »
Thanks guys. I'll put this in the BCoF suggestions section.
Pointy stick champion

Offline Commissar Jdf

• General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: USMC_Maj_CommissarJdf
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2014, 03:17:32 am »
It sounds like a double edged sword. You may get into a good regiment that you like, but I don't think that could fix whether or not you were getting a good group of people.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2014, 03:48:16 am »
It sounds like a double edged sword. You may get into a good regiment that you like, but I don't think that could fix whether or not you were getting a good group of people.

Yeah, but what can? You'll never really know what a group of people in a regiment will be like until you actually join or merc and spend some time with them. Joining a regiment regardless of how big it is or what its role is will always be a shot in the dark if you're not really familiar with that kind of thing. Really I don't think there ever can or will be a system to categorize regiments by reputation, friendliness, skill etc. because it's entirely subjective, so it's better to just stick with the core facts. Plus a lot of newer players don't really care about who they join a regiment with because they don't know anyone in the community, so they will go with what they know, which are the raw numbers and stuff like that.