Author Topic: North American Regimental Groupfighting League | New Season?  (Read 3571 times)

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
  • Side: Neutral
North American Regimental Groupfighting League | New Season?
« on: November 30, 2017, 04:44:33 am »
  • Gathering interest

I know it might come as a surprise for most of you that a EU (and moreover not quite known within the NA community) posts such a thread but I've joined the 3eVolt for quite sometimes already and since I've been playing with them and got to know the NA community a bit better, I've been quite saddened by the fact not many people really seem interested into hosting big competitions again.

Morraine just decided to host his own League given there apparently won't be a new season of the NANWL anytime soon so it appears the 1v1 LBs side of things is covered. But would any of you guys be interested into having another edition of the RGL hosted anytime soon?

I've talked to Asian and Wastee and I believe both their respective regiments would be up for it. But you can't quite make a competition with only two regiments so I'd be interested to know if there is any other regiment looking forward to that sort of competition. I don't expect a massive participation obviously but 6-8 different structures would be probably enough to make the whole thing worth it.

I've already talked to a few people about which all been positive towards the idea but as a matter of transparency I figured out a FSE post would probably be the best idea to get to hear everyone's opinion. The name is a place holder, I'm yet to ask Label wherever or not he would allow me to use it but if he doesn't, I would probably be able to come up with something, would people still be interested in it. Also got in touch with Amit who offered to help me with advices and potential contacts he could gave me so that's a start.

Just throwing this out to see your reactions. Hopefully they will be mostly positive as I strongly believe the NA community could benefit from it.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 01:31:23 pm by Tardet »
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: North American Regimental Groupfighting League | New Season?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 04:54:42 am »
It is hard to do it now considering the skill level between 3e/LG and everyone else is huge and there aren't many competitive regiments as there use to be. If someone had this idea a year or 2 years ago it would work but I'm not sure many regiments would sign up now.

Offline Sanders

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Banned!
  • 18e_CplFo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 04:55:38 am »
Good Luck with this Tardet!

|Viper|

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 04:58:10 am »
It would die quickly or it wouldn't last long at all, like Nick said there aren't many Competitive regiments left on the NA side of the community except 3e and LG 

Offline LiquidSkorpion

• Donator
  • Closet Canadian
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4thKGA for life
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 05:17:31 am »
Good luck Tardet <3

I don't know if the community is active enough for a large scale tournament but I would love to see one

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
  • Side: Union
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2017, 05:40:47 am »
dont think groupfighting is the best idea for a league right now

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline RussianFury

• Lieutenant General
  • Tribal Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2017, 06:10:34 am »
I would rather have a league such as Aurum's rather than a regimental groupfighting league. The reason is because everyone already knows who is going to be in the finals. Plus, you can actually take stats of a smaller match compared a reg gf where all you really care about are kills.

https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=33188.0

Offline maccle

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ihaveaslightlybelowadveragepenis
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2017, 06:46:00 am »
Thinking about making a team for this tourny even if its regimental >:)
huh

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2017, 01:21:33 pm »

That's some fair points though if you allow me a small comparison, in the current EU RGL, it makes no doubt that the entire league is most likely going to be played between the 85e and the 66th, K-KA/77y eventually having some upset potential but quite a small one. Yet 9 other regiments signed-up and I don't think any of them caring high expectations coming into the RGL, they simply want to play groupfigthings, in a competitive atmosphere, with their regiments.

Now it doesn't make any of your points invalid, as what happens in the EU doesn't necessarily apply in the NA too.

As Liquid and Windflower rightfully pointed out, this might not be the best timing for it which is fair enough. I was merely asking for opinions, even if they had been mostly positive (which is far to the case), wouldn't have been possibly before February/March. But maybe it is too early still. I personally doubt waiting for another 6-7 months would be a positive thing and would increase activity and interest towards that tournament by a large margin yet again I don't know your community as much as you guys do so going to have to take your words for truth.

Could actually be a fairly good idea but from experience, NW Groupfighting League are never finished. People are really motivated at the beginning but due to a lack of proper forced schedules, most are rather lazy with organizing and playing their matches, which drags the league to an infinite state.

Not that I don't want to do it, I would actually love it. But I'm not sure there would be enough committed teams.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2017, 01:29:01 pm »
no point, you know 30th is gonna win it 8)

(host it please I wanna play some NA GFs xd)

although
66th should sign up tbf ez
[close]

|Viper|

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2017, 03:34:23 pm »
no point, you know 30th is gonna win it 8)

(host it please I wanna play some NA GFs xd)

although
66th should sign up tbf ez
[close]

Lurvy

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2017, 03:36:54 pm »
Would be 3eVolt vs whoever in the finals.

Oatmeal

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2017, 05:46:05 pm »
do a drafting league

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 20th Maine Artillery Company Command Officer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lady Moraine
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2017, 08:13:43 pm »
Why not a duel league where its based on wins and losses? or single elimination.

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2017, 09:49:59 pm »
Well a 5v5 Groupfighting League could be a better idea now since it could have more teams and more balanced then a regimental league. From the past I know that they died but I'm not sure about this time since people are looking for some tournament to start.