Author Topic: Story from the Bucktail Brigade (27th CT)  (Read 2613 times)

Offline Colonel Howe

• Donator
  • There isn't a noose tight enough
    • View Profile
    • People's History Podcast
  • Nick: Noah
  • Side: Neutral
Story from the Bucktail Brigade (27th CT)
« on: November 30, 2012, 02:08:16 am »
Please Enjoy the following story written by a 27th CT member!
Spoiler
The 27th Connecticut Volunteers received orders to hold the left side of the river at all costs so that is what we did. The brave 27th Connecticut built a small wooden fence and anxiously waited behind the fortifications for the enemy. The 7 man line behind the fence then saw an approaching line of 16 men. The band of brothers from the 27th CT stood their ground and opened up on the approaching Confederates. The first volley took 3 of their men's lives. The confederates then knew where we were and opened up on us. It was a brutal fight but the 27th crushed their 16 man line with only one casualty. After, Sergeant Major Tate gathered my men and we were the first ones to cross the river. We saw the Confederate cannons firing through the brush. The arty had no idea we were flanking around the bush. We waited for the cannons to fire and we came out from hiding. "Fire"! I said. Then we charged. The arty was completely off guard when we emerged from the smoke. We could hear all around us the screams of the Confederates as we plunged our worn bayonets into the rebels beating chests. When the fighting ended and the 27th was successful SgtMaj Tate turned around and saw 6 rebels on the dirt, blood covering their faces. The Sergeant Major exclaimed to the brigadier general that the 27th took the whole left side and the arty is knocked out. We regrouped and I noticed we lost 2 men in the charge. 4 men charged the village despite the fact that we would perish. We entered the village and rushed inside the house that had 20+ men in it. We fired into it and charged, at the end of the round we ended up taking more than 20 lives in all. The next round we got orders to attack the right flank. We moved across the river and suddenly a line of 11 men shot at us. They all missed! We then took cover behind a rock and each took turns firing and retreating back behind the rock. We held it for 1 minute, taking fire constantly. Then the 18th Massachusetts showed up and supported us. We ended up driving the enemy back into the village. We regrouped and the brigadier general gave us the orders to charge. A cavalry regiment at the front of the charge with 18+ men following it. We all rushed into the village and forced the Confederates to retreat into the buildings. We all then rushed into the buildings, it was a massacre. Bodies of friends and enemies littered the floor. We kept pushing but the Confederates wouldn't back down, until are last force overwhelmed them and we were victorious! These were the actions of the 27th Connecticut and the Bucktail Brigade that day. A day which the rebels will rue and Union supremacy and unity was shown.

Written by Sergeant Major Tate and Edited by Colonel Howe

To join the 27th CT: https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=444.0

[close]
Fuck off, Nazi scum

Offline SaintKyle

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Saintkyle
  • Side: Union
Re: Story from the Bucktail Brigade (27th CT)
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 03:19:03 am »
No Major General SaintKyle who led that charge into the enemy controlled town? I see how it is 27th CT   :P

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 03:21:48 am »
 Haha, very nice, it makes me want to join the Bucktail Brigade! ;D

Offline Aumashy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 07:00:08 am »
Should be the 4th Vermont coming into support.  ;)

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 07:20:37 am »
Forgot the part where the 33rd LAYS FUCKING WAIST TO THE UNION INVADERS.
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline MackCW

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 07:10:55 pm »
WAIST??? Mill for gods sake use this:

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Colonel Howe

• Donator
  • There isn't a noose tight enough
    • View Profile
    • People's History Podcast
  • Nick: Noah
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2012, 04:38:40 am »
Oh jeez, leave for a night and this happens. Yes, I get that other regiments were there and did exceptional things, and if you'd like to highlight those things, make a topic and do what I did.
Fuck off, Nazi scum

Offline Weejock McFiddles

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Cabela
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2012, 08:32:26 am »
Bravo...(he said whilst clapping slowly) Weejock McFiddles glorious battle report will be out either tonight or tommorow. If you missed what this is a boring copy of, i present to you ladies and mentlegen https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=981.0. "Lays fucking waist" The 33rd had sex with someone's waist. Strange fetish. Each to his own... each to his own...
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 08:36:58 am by Weejock McFiddles »