Author Topic: ♞ Cavalry Groupfighting Official  (Read 19908 times)

Offline Cooper

• Donator
  • Panzer on a horse.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Cooper/Cuprum
  • Side: Union
Re: ♞ Cavalry Groupfighting Official
« Reply #90 on: January 05, 2021, 10:38:33 pm »
Not sure if it has been brought up at any point, but I feel like a small website with the stats and a leaderboard of the server would be kinda cool.

iN rEaL TiME
yes, plz
Retired Clanleader, Cavalry, Student

Offline Grozni

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: RRA_10thRH_SoH_Grozni
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #91 on: January 15, 2021, 03:22:17 pm »

Your name: Grozni
Time and Date: About 10 AM GMT, on the 15th of January, in the year of Our Lord 2021
Evidence (If any): Can send video if requested, and also the intention to stall is clear if you read the logs.
Name of the rule breaker: Egos_United_Coco_Ayala
Description of the incident: It started by LaSalle and me criticizing Coco slightly for his/her/their extremely passive play, which was evident as soon as I joined the server. I believe both of us had purest intentions and wanted to help Coco improve. It wasn't a clear case of stalling yet, even though Coco's teammate quit due to boredom, and for the remaining of the incident it was LaSalle and me vs Coco. Coco then tried to play less passively, which resulted in him/her/them getting slaughtered for a few rounds.

Then Coco switched back to passive style and has managed to kill LaSalle and dismount me, after which he/she/they announced a clear intention to stall by saying "3 min 44 left, enjoy LaSalle". Even though Coco did sort of move in for an attack once or twice, these safe attacks were separated by minutes of obvious stalling. During this time it has been revealed to me by Coco that my mom is pathetic and that I should have been "avorted". Needles to say, it was very stressful for me to find this out in such manner, yet I have managed to keep my composure and hold the tears in, and have continued with attempts to reach the elusive troll with my sword, but to no avail, my legs were too short to compete against maneuverability of Coco's hussar horse. And so, as if Coco's words were a self fulfilling prophecy, the 3 minutes and 44 seconds have passed, with the round ending in a draw.

Then after couple of rounds of Coco dying due to not playing passively, Coco has repeated the incident after managing to dismount me, which has resulted in another 4 minutes of obvious stalling, and round ending with a draw (after again remarking in public chat that there are 4 minutes left). His/her/their occasional cautious attacks were separated by up to a minute of keeping distance, and not maneuvering in any sort of way which could possibly lead to an attack. The ultimate result was a complete boredom.

I never report people but this person needs a break, getting onto cav GF this early in the morning just to stall must be a cry for help.

I'll link the vid to an admin if requested.

Offline Shadey

• Statue King
  • Donator
  • Joli garçon
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 15, 2021, 03:58:15 pm »
Would recommend not admitting to antagonising someone as you make a ban report for them. Seems like a bit of a petty dispute, but if you could send an unedited version of this recording to one of the head admins, we’ll determine if it’s worthy of handing out any bans.

Offline Lightning.

• Saviour
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Steamprofile
  • Nick: 8th_Huss_LCoH_Lightning
« Reply #93 on: January 27, 2021, 03:07:41 pm »
Hello everyone. We have decided to temporarily ban Coco_Ayala from the server for his most recent behaviour. Nobody of us has problems with banter but some things just go to far. The ban will last 2 weeks.

Offline Shadey

• Statue King
  • Donator
  • Joli garçon
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 01, 2021, 10:44:20 am »
Congrats to Domi for winning the January Cav GF Official competition.

Top 10 players for dismounts.

Spoiler
[close]

Make sure to add and message Lightning on steam to receive your reward.

The February competition has been added to the original post.

Good Luck! :)

Offline LaSalle

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 01, 2021, 11:29:30 am »
666 deaths ? I knew this tournament was sus from the beginning  :o

Offline Mattyja876

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 06, 2021, 10:11:47 pm »

Name: Pro_Traveller
Unique GUID: 1593114
Who banned you?: Tomas
Why were you banned?: because I asked a question. - was legitimate admin abuse.
Apology (If deemed necessary): Absolutely not

Offline SirNelsonGOE

• Corporal
  • Hola =/
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SirNelsonGOE
« Reply #97 on: February 11, 2021, 03:34:35 pm »
Dear, Lightning told me to post this here

Your name: Nelson
Map: The one on the beach
Evidence:
Spoiler
[close]
Description for the fix: A wall need to be fixed, there is a hole

Fuck all, I like Erik his voice is like Benedict Cumberbatch

Offline Lightning.

• Saviour
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Steamprofile
  • Nick: 8th_Huss_LCoH_Lightning
« Reply #98 on: February 11, 2021, 04:47:32 pm »

Name: Pro_Traveller
Unique GUID: 1593114
Who banned you?: Tomas
Why were you banned?: because I asked a question. - was legitimate admin abuse.
Apology (If deemed necessary): Absolutely not

Denied
We found clear evidence of ban worthy behaviour and decided as a team that the ban is justified.

Dear, Lightning told me to post this here

Your name: Nelson
Map: The one on the beach
Evidence:
Spoiler
[close]
Description for the fix: A wall need to be fixed, there is a hole

Thank you for reporting it, we will look for a fix asap.

Offline Mattyja876

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 12, 2021, 05:47:47 pm »
I was unbanned by Shadey, rebanned by the same admin...Tomas. But since you are the server owner, you have the final say in the matter. Of course, I would be interested to know what evidence you have since I had requested someone look into my complaint of admin abuse, but apparently the logs had expired....and the ban was about the logs. From one admin to another, I would have expected the issue to have been resolved but...well... I have to say that things are a bit confusing with this server and its administration.

But alright, you are the owner so whatever reason you may personally have is ultimately good enough for me.

Offline tomascadarn

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 12, 2021, 09:55:21 pm »
I was unbanned by Shadey, rebanned by the same admin...Tomas. But since you are the server owner, you have the final say in the matter. Of course, I would be interested to know what evidence you have since I had requested someone look into my complaint of admin abuse, but apparently the logs had expired....and the ban was about the logs. From one admin to another, I would have expected the issue to have been resolved but...well... I have to say that things are a bit confusing with this server and its administration.

But alright, you are the owner so whatever reason you may personally have is ultimately good enough for me.

For your information, the original ban wasn't a ban directly by me, it was a log ban that was applied after discussion among the admins. Furthermore, Shadey mistakenly unbanned you while unaware of the discussion among the admins which had concluded in us rejecting your unban application. Finally, before I banned you today, I confirmed with the other admins that you were meant to be banned, and in fact at that time, there was already a log ban in place that would have come into place upon a server reset. With regards to your accusations of admin abuse, you directly started insulting me when I told you not to start arguments which ended up in a temp ban. Immediately trying to start an argument with me after you joined the server the following day was not a smart decision to say the least. When you were slayed for your continual insulting, you wrote an entire paragraph of insults, culminating in you calling me autistic. Whether the logs have timed out or not, I still remember your actions clearly due to your sheer gall.

I hope you take from this the lesson that its not a good idea to deliberately provoke and then insult admins. All of this would have been avoided if you'd just stopped the initial arguments and insults, which you weren't even slain for, only warned (and even a warning is a strong word for it, as all I did was ask you not to tell felix to **** himself). Perhaps you will be able to behave more like a polite human being on other servers in future. Although I shall remain diametrically opposed to your unbanning on this one, at least while your attitude remains the same.
Tomas on his way to Fse!
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Mattyja876

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 13, 2021, 10:44:06 am »
I wholeheartedly agree that the first slay was necessary, but you Tomas, clearly escalated the discussion. How any other admin could read that and not see my point is beyond me, but then again, I admin on a different server with a different mindset and set of rules. The fact that 90% of the logs is a back and forth between us where I am asking you to explain your previous actions is ridiculous. I will absolutely not apologize for that. I will apologize for the beginning and somewhat for the end, albeit provoked by you. I still find the majority of your actions and speech unreasonable and provocatory. The one piece of advice I will give you as a more experience admin (not on this server), is to remain professional and humble, especially when dealing with players asking for an explanation of your interpretation of the rules. Amazing that "Do not question an admin" can be given as an acceptable reason for a slay, that is extremely provocatory to say the very least. That kind of admining would never fly on Minisiege.

Again, the owner of this server has stated their opinion, and I will always hold that as right and final. So regardless of how we got here and our differences related to your conduct, the server owner has the right to do as they please with their server.   
« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 11:24:06 am by Mattyja876 »

Offline Rastignac

• Major General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #102 on: February 13, 2021, 11:13:50 am »
You have my heartfelt support, Mattyja876, you are definitely in the right here. I have the misfortune of occassionally stumbling upon tomascadarn in certain circles we both frequent and many a time he pestered me too, finding ridiculous excuses to do so on every step. A very toxic and antagonistic person indeed. It's sad to see how many people turn into the "bad cop" and try to show off as soon as they receive any sort of power/authority in some internet community, such as that of an admin or regimental officer. I will personally speak to owner of this server, with whom I have a wholesome relationship, to make sure this type of immature and toxic beheaviour is cut short.

Offline tomascadarn

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 13, 2021, 11:26:54 am »
I wholeheartedly agree that the first slay was necessary, but you Tomas, clearly escalated the discussion. How any other admin could read that and not see my point is beyond me, but then again, I admin on a different server with a different mindset and set of rules. The fact that 90% of the logs is a back and forth between us where I am asking you to explain your previous actions is ridiculous. I will absolutely not apologize for that. I will apologize for the beginning and somewhat for the end, albeit provoked by you. I still find the majority of your actions and speech unreasonable and provocatory. The one piece of advice I will give you as a more experience admin (not on this server), is to remain professional and humble, especially when dealing with players asking for an explanation of your interpretation of the rules. That kind of admining would never fly on Minisiege.

Again, the owner of this server has stated their opinion, and I will always hold that as right and final. So regardless of how we got here and our differences related to your conduct, the server owner has the right to do as they please with their server.

While I appreciate your skillfull rhetoric of trying to take a moral high ground, it would perhaps hold more credence if:
1) You were speaking with your real identity rather than a throwaway account
2) You hadn't tried to get out of your ban by messaging privately over steam, rather than the proper process (in which you were quite rightly denied)
3) You as a "more experienced admin" knowing that logs expire, hadn't conveniently waited for that to happen before posting your initial unban request in order to allow you to attempt to distort the truth
4) it had actually been an individual decision to perm you as you had claimed rather than a group one (also at the time of the original log ban, the logs hadn't expired, so they were looked over at the time even if we don't have them now)
5) You had at any point shown, if not contrition, at least a willingness to stop escalating. Literally all you had to have done was stop typing and you would've been fine. Regardless of who was in the right, it would've been the smart thing to do to not hurl insults. You "wholeheartedly agree that the first slay was necessary", in which case you could've just not verbally attacked me for it in the first place.

I "had" (I do now because you're wasting my time and energy) nothing against you at the time, so there would be no reason for me to punish unnecessarily. The proof of which being that I have literally no idea who you are.

Also @rasti i'll demote your ass
« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 11:30:01 am by tomascadarn »
Tomas on his way to Fse!
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Mattyja876

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 13, 2021, 12:33:25 pm »
Look, I'd appreciate it if you stopped replying with this with...VERY bold assumptions. The Server owner has spoken and upheld your ban, try to quit while you're ahead.

While I appreciate your skillfull rhetoric of trying to take a moral high ground, it would perhaps hold more credence if:
1) You were speaking with your real identity rather than a throwaway account
  Throwaway account? What? My name and my GUID remains the same, I admin with this account.... I've literally had it for years. Same name and everything.
2) You hadn't tried to get out of your ban by messaging privately over steam, rather than the proper process (in which you were quite rightly denied)
   Perhaps ask WHY I privately messaged (IN THIS VERY FORUM, not steam)... it starts something like "Hey, I'm not sure if you've seen my unban request etc etc etc, just checking
3) You as a "more experienced admin" knowing that logs expire, hadn't conveniently waited for that to happen before posting your initial unban request in order to allow you to attempt to distort the truth
    On the server I have experience admining, I can see logs that go back much farther than a week or two....  how was I (or anyone) to know that your logs expire so quickly??
4) it had actually been an individual decision to perm you as you had claimed rather than a group one (also at the time of the original log ban, the logs hadn't expired, so they were looked over at the time even if we don't have them now)
     Fair, again, How would I know that unless I was told? YOU have that information, which was never shared with me until now. Regardless, see comments re: server owner
5) You had at any point shown, if not contrition, at least a willingness to stop escalating. Literally all you had to have done was stop typing and you would've been fine. Regardless of who was in the right, it would've been the smart thing to do to not hurl insults. You "wholeheartedly agree that the first slay was necessary", in which case you could've just not verbally attacked me for it in the first place.
    As an admin, you must know that I mean escalation in terms of punishments - Slays, Temp bans, Perm Bans. As I said, 90% of our conversation was about your interpretation of the rules and your punishments.... What you mean is, you think it would have been smart for me to not ask you WHY you did the things you did, rather I should have just shut up and took it... because YOU have the power. Now...if that isn't textbook admin abuse, Idk what is. By "Verbal attacks" I assume you mean me questioning your conduct. If you mean actual insults, which you also hurled, that largely happened at the very end after a multitude of ridiculous, rapid-fire slays and temp bans... I'm not sure how you expect people to respond to abuse online, but they generally don't appreciate it. I would never expect someone to take that and be silent in return for allowing them to stay on a specific server.

I "had" (I do now because you're wasting my time and energy) nothing against you at the time, so there would be no reason for me to punish unnecessarily. The proof of which being that I have literally no idea who you are.
   True, that was the first time we ever met/spoke to each other, I likewise had no idea who you were either. Right again, there was no reason to punish unnecessarily, yet it happened. rapid fire slays for asking about your interpretation of the rules and asking for clarity regarding your own conduct? ... I'm not an admin here, but if that is actually how this server operates, I am surprised you have players left.

Not my server, Not my problem ...as I said to shadey, Tomas can do what he wants, I'll just avoid him since he won't be reprimanded. Again for the last time, I respect the decision of the server owner regardless of my own view. Tomas, none of your incorrect assumptions or anything else you say will change my mind about your conduct.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 12:45:32 pm by Mattyja876 »