Author Topic: Event balancing  (Read 4899 times)

Offline Caesar15

• Sergeant
  • For crown and country!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Event balancing
« on: January 03, 2013, 08:28:05 pm »
      I am sure this issue has been thought about but I haven't seen a joint answer. We all know that there are a large amount of British regiments than Zulu ones, so when an event is up and all the sides join it's going to be terribly imbalanced. In order to deal with this I've heard people saying some regiments wil join the Zulu side in order to balance, but the thing is, wouldn't that be unfair to the ones that have to join the Zulu side? They most likely don't want to be on the Zulu side. My suggestion is to have some regiments join the Zulu side during the events, but then have the names of the regiments that joined the Zulu side written down, so when the next event comes to town they won't be switche to the Zulu side, the ones who haven't Been written down will, and then the cycle repeats.

The reason this is a topic is I want to see what the developers rink of this and what the other players think would be good balancing.

Offline Flash

• Second Lieutenant
  • Bang On!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Flash
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Event balancing
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 08:29:28 pm »
And the fact that Zulus would need to outnumber the British to make it remotely fair xD

Offline Caesar15

• Sergeant
  • For crown and country!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 08:31:01 pm »
And the fact that Zulus would need to outnumber the British to make it remotely fair xD

Yes indeed xD. Unless the British didn't have defenses, maybe then the Zulu won't have to totally out umber them?

Offline Flash

• Second Lieutenant
  • Bang On!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 08:33:13 pm »
It's the weapons mainly. Tbh the Zulus are supposed to outnumber them, if it was balanced it'd be pretty crap.

Offline Jamez

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 08:33:35 pm »

Yes indeed xD. Unless the British didn't have defenses, maybe then the Zulu won't have to totally out umber them?

even without defences the Zulus will still need to outnumber them

Offline Caesar15

• Sergeant
  • For crown and country!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 08:35:07 pm »
It's the weapons mainly. Tbh the Zulus are supposed to outnumber them, if it was balanced it'd be pretty crap.

Hmmm the British would get torn apart in melee though. Though yes they still do need to outnumber the British but maybe not by that much.

Offline Flash

• Second Lieutenant
  • Bang On!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 08:37:31 pm »
I reckon a main part of Alpha will be trying to get the balance right. I'd initially say 2 to 1 is probably a good start, but that'll be up to the event hosters etc.

Offline Willhelm

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 08:48:15 pm »
I think people will enjoy being Zulus a lot more than they think.

Offline Caesar15

• Sergeant
  • For crown and country!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2013, 08:51:03 pm »

If that's true, which I hope it is, then balancing should be much easier.

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2013, 08:54:00 pm »
Aslong the guns on the Zulu side can be balanced. Or they change the gun accuraty. Otherwise it's just going to turn the other side.

And oh believe me. Someone playing as a Zulu won't charge that easy on a group of guy's with guns.

Offline Caesar15

• Sergeant
  • For crown and country!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2013, 08:59:24 pm »
Aslong the guns on the Zulu side can be balanced. Or they change the gun accuraty. Otherwise it's just going to turn the other side.

And oh believe me. Someone playing as a Zulu won't charge that easy on a group of guy's with guns.

Well yesterday on the server the Zulu won more than the British, but maybe it's because the British side weren't organized in the whole regimental form..

Offline Willhelm

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2013, 09:31:58 pm »

If that's true, which I hope it is, then balancing should be much easier.

People assume they will just be charging into guns getting shot, but we're making them very exciting, people love the throwing spears, the shields are great in melee, we're going to add throwing clubs too, and more weapons. And they play in a very different way to the Brits.

Offline TheBoberton

• Knight of Blueberry
  • Colonel
  • I don't want no pardon for anything I done
    • View Profile
    • Thomas' Steam Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2013, 11:42:28 pm »
Something else that should be taken into account is Zulu amaButho being British from time to time.

As fun as playing as the Zulus may be, there has to be some variation from time to time.

Offline James Grant

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2013, 06:37:25 pm »
Something else that should be taken into account is Zulu amaButho being British from time to time.

As fun as playing as the Zulus may be, there has to be some variation from time to time.

Oh yeah definitely we would never subject the Zulu to that constant death.

Offline Connzcdf

• Major
  • Act like a wasteman, that's not me.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Connzcdf
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2013, 07:34:54 pm »
In my opinion I think that the balance is fair. The British are, as expected, better at shooting. The Zulu's are alot better when it comes to movement and melee, yet for the British it is not impossible for the British to go alright in melee. When it comes to events the same things will happen as they do in NW. Just because a French regiment is French they cannot always be French so will have to the oposing teams. Note that I feel that balance is that the Zulu's have more people.