Poll

Do you think TOG boycotting independent tournaments is good for the community?

Yes.
No.

Author Topic: 🦀 Crab meme is gone 🦀 (thanks to V OMEGALUL L U B L E)  (Read 11191 times)

Offline Anubis.

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Anoobis
  • Side: Neutral
Re: 🦀 Freedom of hosting tournaments is gone 🦀
« Reply #75 on: April 04, 2019, 06:23:15 pm »
Wasn't TOG made because people didnt want tournament spam? Ofcourse you have to boycot other tournaments bcuz thats the whole idea of it? I was not involved in making TOG so correct me if im wrong. But this should end all your discussions.

Offline Salakien

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Execute order 66 .
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Doublebread´s husband basically.
« Reply #76 on: April 04, 2019, 06:23:52 pm »
#Soon LePitchovina the most relevant tournament that ever was.

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2019, 06:28:54 pm »
Wasn't TOG made because people didnt want tournament spam? Ofcourse you have to boycot other tournaments bcuz thats the whole idea of it? I was not involved in making TOG so correct me if im wrong. But this should end all your discussions.

You wanna differentiate the tournaments, point out, which are to be taken seriously or which are to be "ranked" and which are to be taken as a random tourney for pubbies and friends, not boycott and disallow people from participating in the non-TOG tournament.
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Anubis.

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 04, 2019, 06:35:04 pm »
From what I remember what people said is that they wanted tournaments to have some meaning in winning it. I never really seen a purely casual tournaments,you want tournaments to be competitive. The casual gfs en pickups you do through the weeks are for the fun matches for friends I guess. But if you wanna start a sort of new genre for tournaments try it out I would say. But I think people will troll the shit out of it.

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 04, 2019, 07:01:52 pm »
From what I remember what people said is that they wanted tournaments to have some meaning in winning it. I never really seen a purely casual tournaments,you want tournaments to be competitive. The casual gfs en pickups you do through the weeks are for the fun matches for friends I guess. But if you wanna start a sort of new genre for tournaments try it out I would say. But I think people will troll the shit out of it.

What do you mean by a new genre? Dunno about you, but I don't really see meaning in winning tournaments like inf+cav or 2+ swords+bayo, as well as voluble's protecc the king etc. Then, if there happen to be 2 5v5 tournaments in one week, one from Nemesis and one from billy, ofc you will tryhard the shit out of marxIel's tournament, as you want those juicy M.points. But that doesn't mean you can't join billy's tournament and have fun, maybe use it as a sort of a series of friendly matches in a tournament format. EDIT: That's basically when would the TOG come in play, as it would determine Marxeil's tournament as the one for us, tryhard virgins and billy's tournament for anyone and everyone, and it would not have an effect on M.points or any other ranking stats. But it would in no way told players "yo don't join that other tourny thanks", for pretty much no reason.

You have a point with the trolling bit tho, NW players have IQ below 40, no exceptions.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 07:08:36 pm by Kore »
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #80 on: April 04, 2019, 07:03:14 pm »
I think everything has already been explained to you McPero but the simple answer is this. The TOG is designed to help everyone and benefit the whole community, its not a 'cartel' a 'monopoly' or whatever else you have been calling it. It was agreed upon and the rules designed by the entire competitive community since its focused solely on competitive tournaments nothing else, so the rest of the community is irrelevant.

There has been a group discussion chat for weeks now involving all parties discussing varies aspects of the TOG. Why you weren't part of it is because you are irrelevant and haven't attended a single tournament or been in a groupfighting team for god knows how long so your entire opinion on our tournaments and our competitive scene is also completely, irrelevant.

The whole boycotting tournaments aspect was not boycotting because we dislike you or certain organisers its simply everyone who participates in the TOG has basically agreed some tournaments are shit and some are too frequent and so we wont be attending those.

In regards to what the TOG is doing, it's simply creating a better more defined and competitive tournament rotor to the competitive scene in agreement with the majority of important organisers and staff and the majority of major groupfighting teams.

Anything you have to say about it at this point is stupid and your entire argument so far has been based upon nitpicking rules and nonsensical statements. The TOG is here to help and reinvent the competitive scene and its a collective of the whole competitive community.

Offline Anubis.

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 04, 2019, 07:15:45 pm »

What do you mean by a new genre? Dunno about you, but I don't really see meaning in winning tournaments like inf+cav or 2+ swords+bayo, as well as voluble's protecc the king etc. Then, if there happen to be 2 5v5 tournaments in one week, one from Nemesis and one from billy, ofc you will tryhard the shit out of marxIel's tournament, as you want those juicy M.points. But that doesn't mean you can't join billy's tournament and have fun, maybe use it as a sort of a series of friendly matches in a tournament format.

You have a point with the trolling bit tho, NW players have IQ below 40, no exceptions.

I have not attended a friendly tournament format so far, so I have no idea if that can work. What I was after in my last comment is that I think that those tournaments will just be trolling team vs trolling team. Sounds more like a sort of pickup event instead of tournament that is organised via fse. But as I said try it out. I personally don't like to stay at a tournament that last 4 hours and everyone just trolls, which I expect from this community tbh. So with genre i mean that is it not really a competitive tournament you are suggesting right? The thread where tournaments are posted is called Competitive eu events.

And m. point is in the mess hell and should not be taken seriously, atleast I don't. So who does tournaments for mpoints?

But I would like to try out a friendly tournament, but i just dont have high hopes.

Offline MarxeiL

• Lieutenant General
  • Cvet nastroenija - serij, samij skuchnij
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 13e | CCCP
« Reply #82 on: April 04, 2019, 07:18:00 pm »
STOP USING MY NAME AS ANTAGONIST OF BILLY KORESAN!!!!
| 1x 10v10 Winner | 2x 9v9 Winner | 2x 8v8 Winner | 1x 7v7 Winner | 1x 6v6 Winner | 2x 5v5 Winner | 1x 4v4 Winner | 1x 3v3 Winner |
| 1x TDT Winner | 1x NWL (2nd L) Winner | 1x NWL (1st L) Winner | 1x RGT Winner | 2x RGL Winner |
| 1x TDT Runner-up | 1x 8v8 Runner-up | 1x 7v7 Runner-up | 1x NWFL Runner-up | 1x EIC Runner-up | 1x 2v2 Runner-up |

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 04, 2019, 07:19:36 pm »

What do you mean by a new genre? Dunno about you, but I don't really see meaning in winning tournaments like inf+cav or 2+ swords+bayo, as well as voluble's protecc the king etc. Then, if there happen to be 2 5v5 tournaments in one week, one from Nemesis and one from billy, ofc you will tryhard the shit out of marxIel's tournament, as you want those juicy M.points. But that doesn't mean you can't join billy's tournament and have fun, maybe use it as a sort of a series of friendly matches in a tournament format.

And m. point is in the mess hell and should not be taken seriously, atleast I don't. So who does tournaments for mpoints?

Everyone does, even when they say they don't.  ;)

Offline Anubis.

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 04, 2019, 07:23:45 pm »
well ye cant really prove you wrong or right with that statement.I must admit the posts there have been entertaining.

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 04, 2019, 07:25:10 pm »
ye

Offline Knightmare

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 04, 2019, 08:11:03 pm »
arguing with V OMEGALUL LUBLE in 2019

Offline Voluble123

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 04, 2019, 09:52:21 pm »
You may share the idea of a tournament, rules and your own map/referee team via Steam with us. Even though, we will help you hosting it, so it's even better for you and community at all. I can't see the problem there..

By the way, the next month is basically free, so go on.

Why should people go through you though? I'm all for co-operation and planning out dates of tournaments to ensure that they don't collide, but one group shouldn't be in control of what tournaments are hosted and what tournaments aren't. Just my two cents on the issue.
If we controlled what tournaments are hosted by telling people they can't host then you would be correct! But we decide together when to host and what to host with all gf leaders voting on what tourny should be hosted so we are not in "control" but more so deciding together what is best for the bulk of us onboard. Anyone can feel free to do independent tournaments but if they are not assoicated with us at all or if they dont meet the requirements all the teams in the group decided then we will all not play that tournament. That is the extent of it really tbf but this thread has blown it out of proportion.

If anyone needs any information at all anout TOG feel free to add any of the head organisers and we can give you any information you require.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 10:17:56 pm by Voluble123 »
h0w mush chug kud a chug chung chung if a chug chung kud chung chug?

Norwegian13

« Reply #88 on: April 04, 2019, 10:54:26 pm »
So bottom line is that your group either wants people to be a part of your organization, or you'll not attend their tournament if it is within the timeframe of your own events. Is there any list anywhere that is easily accessible where one can see which teams are a part of TOG? Didn't see it listed on your thread.

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 04, 2019, 11:09:23 pm »
You may share the idea of a tournament, rules and your own map/referee team via Steam with us. Even though, we will help you hosting it, so it's even better for you and community at all. I can't see the problem there..

By the way, the next month is basically free, so go on.

Why should people go through you though? I'm all for co-operation and planning out dates of tournaments to ensure that they don't collide, but one group shouldn't be in control of what tournaments are hosted and what tournaments aren't. Just my two cents on the issue.
They wont have to go through us, they can go ahead and host their tournament. None of the teams that are part of this group will sign up though. We are not forcing any captains to boycott, this was all discussed on teamspeak a month ago and we have a steam chat where people have been discussing it for weeks. Every captain that is on board agreed with this. It's the captains own choice if he signs up his team or not. Its just that all captains of important teams agreed not to sign up if a tournament is not done through this group.
Don't disallow players from participating and simply just take it less seriously, as it's not a TOG tournament.
Because to me, it sounds that teams like TBE and thus their members are automatically disallowed to join billy's tournament because it's outside TOG? What happens if a team "breaks" this agreement? Will the team become blacklisted, or the captain?
We don't disallow anyone to host their tournaments, anyone can go host a tournament. It is just that the captains of the teams involved (most teams are involved at this point) agreed not to participate. We also aren't forcing any captain to not sign his team up. For now the system is based on trust and cooperation with the captains that agreed to work together. I don't know if there will ever be a system of enforcement or black listing of teams. That is not up to me, but the head organisers.
Again, no TBE would not be disallowed to sign up. It is just that TBE agreed not to sign up, as most teams have so far.

Now, if what I said in my example is what you mean by "none of the teams that are part of this group will sign up" and that people will/can create random, new teams and perceive the tournament as a rather public experience, than the typical elite tournament, then I apologize and you can ignore my post.
You can sign up your team with friends. Even TBE or chimpz could sign up. But it would defeat the purpose of the agreement and the TOG as a whole. Because if one team breaks the agreement, noone will take it seriously anymore and were back to square one.