Weapon?

Sword!
84 (24.9%)
Musket!
174 (51.6%)
Pike!
79 (23.4%)

Total Members Voted: 334

Author Topic: The Century of War (Serverfiles are available)  (Read 198289 times)

Offline Wigster600

• Major General
  • "Oh shit." - Wigster600
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wigster600/John_Cooper
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: [NW|M] The Century of War (New Unit and Map on Pg.23)
« Reply #390 on: November 25, 2013, 12:04:09 am »
Needs Amon amarth.  ;)

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #391 on: November 25, 2013, 12:05:04 am »
Not sure if this has been discussed but will there be dual barrel guns and pistols, or at least the ability to have two pistols. If I'm not mistaken the cavalry of the day had two shots, they would fire one at 20 yards, and another at 10 yards before crashing into the enemy line.
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
  • Side: Union
« Reply #392 on: November 25, 2013, 12:07:28 am »
they are discussing music to be put in-game. There is nothing going off-topic except you....

Swedish Black Metal in this mod would kill it instantly. Why in the world would it ever be considered?

Offline TORN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TORN
« Reply #393 on: November 25, 2013, 12:08:22 am »
they are discussing music to be put in-game. There is nothing going off-topic except you....

Swedish Black Metal in this mod would kill it instantly.
Ofcourse I know that which is why I try to share my opinion about it.

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
« Reply #394 on: November 25, 2013, 12:10:18 am »

Swedish Black Metal in this mod would kill it instantly.
Ofcourse I know that which is why I try to share my opinion about it.

Nothing about that makes sense as to how I'm off-topic and talk about Swedish Black Metal isn't. Whatever. Bye.

Good luck mod team, can't wait to play.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: November 25, 2013, 12:20:39 am »

Swedish Black Metal in this mod would kill it instantly. Why in the world would it ever be considered?

Lol, nobody actually wants Swedish Black Metal to be in the mod, or at least I hope they don't. We were just discussing metal, as tends to happen when metal is brought up in any situation.

Offline Friedrich

• Donator
  • 84e. Est. 2010. Official Non-Regiment Hopper.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Friedrich
« Reply #396 on: November 25, 2013, 01:50:49 am »
Not sure if this has been discussed but will there be dual barrel guns and pistols, or at least the ability to have two pistols. If I'm not mistaken the cavalry of the day had two shots, they would fire one at 20 yards, and another at 10 yards before crashing into the enemy line.
Problem is still to have a balanced gameplay, but we considered it! We need just first to implement those guns and to test around. Be patient.

Lol, nobody actually wants Swedish Black Metal to be in the mod, or at least I hope they don't. We were just discussing metal, as tends to happen when metal is brought up in any situation.
Give this man his Medal!

But I'm afraid, Audiate is right. Enough here from this, there will be no kind of Metal in this mod.
No, only pre-classic tunes.
You can replace every track by yourself with every genre you want later by yourself! ;)

Offline KArantukki

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Chaotic Evil
    • View Profile
  • Nick: KArantukki
« Reply #397 on: November 25, 2013, 03:34:09 pm »
I would never add modern music to a mod like this, I dont know who began this discussion.

Offline Wigster600

• Major General
  • "Oh shit." - Wigster600
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wigster600/John_Cooper
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #398 on: November 25, 2013, 03:45:44 pm »
needs either dramatic movie music or jigs of the time period  :P

Offline Friedrich

• Donator
  • 84e. Est. 2010. Official Non-Regiment Hopper.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Friedrich
« Reply #399 on: November 25, 2013, 04:41:44 pm »
Problem on movie scores: copyrights. We try not to violate these.

So, we agreed on historical music. We have now various tunes from 1590-1680 AD.

And imo, classical music > movie soundtracks!  ;)

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
« Reply #400 on: November 25, 2013, 05:24:25 pm »
needs either dramatic movie music or jigs of the time period  :P
Lots of dramatic music.
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
  • I have over 1000 warning points, be careful.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: regimentless sven
« Reply #401 on: November 25, 2013, 07:37:20 pm »

Early war cavalry didn't charge, they would do a caracole, basically a cavalry version of a fire by rank from relatively close range, but still outside the effective range of the pistol of the time, which made the formation ineffective. When the Swedes entered the war we made it more common to charge instead, which we learnt from the Polish and their hussars during our brief war with them.

told that bih don't @ me

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 25, 2013, 07:39:47 pm »

Early war cavalry didn't charge, they would do a caracole, basically a cavalry version of a fire by rank from relatively close range, but still outside the effective range of the pistol of the time, which made the formation ineffective. When the Swedes entered the war we made it more common to charge instead, which we learnt from the Polish and their hussars during our brief war with them.

Ahh, thank you for clearing that up. I guess I had read something from a later time in history.
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
[close]

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
  • I have over 1000 warning points, be careful.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: regimentless sven
« Reply #403 on: November 25, 2013, 07:51:20 pm »

Ahh, thank you for clearing that up. I guess I had read something from a later time in history.

Don't get me wrong, they still used guns, particularly the Austrians who used several pistols, but in Swedish doctrine atleast the use of cavalry was to break enemy formations by riding knee to knee with cold steel. The Swedish cavalry however was supported by companies of musketeers who followed them around to provide organic fire support, since the musketeers had longer range than the Austrian cavalry's pistols, and thw Swedes could defeat the Austrians cavalry in the charge by using their superior formations (Typically atleast, the Austrians gave the Swedish cavalry beatings on several occasions, including that one time they killed our king).

told that bih don't @ me

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 25, 2013, 07:55:38 pm »
Wait, is the mod set during the reign of Gustavus Adolphus or is it later?

Edit, in that case, please make a map of Breitenfeld.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 08:04:19 pm by William »
Spoiler
[close]