16 (1.9%)
400 litres
48 (5.7%)
240.336.676,217765 litres
300 (35.5%)
10.180.000.000.000.000 litres
362 (42.8%)

Total Members Voted: 838

Author Topic: [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (RELEASED) - Old Thread  (Read 980884 times)

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (Update #17 German Uniforms.2)
« Reply #1275 on: June 13, 2013, 09:52:01 pm »
Amazing uniforms! This mod will be amazing :)
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline Landrik

• First Lieutenant
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
    • Infanterie-Regiment 208 (Reenacted)
  • Nick: Landrik
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1276 on: June 13, 2013, 11:03:33 pm »
Good work!
Humans are extremely complicated creatures. Death uncomplicates them to a frightening degree...

Offline Miller

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1277 on: June 14, 2013, 02:00:46 am »
superb work!

and on the topic of that map i made, this is a vid of my 3rd company going over the top on the right flank of the infantry camp side of it. Ive made amendments since including more frequent shell holes and stakes extending further into the center of no mans land. This weekend i hope to conclude work on it and beginning a cliche' but impeccable Somme map  :)

And my new Gallipoli map...

Spoiler

[close]
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 08:56:24 am by Miller »

Offline Wismar

• Donator
  • Med Gud o' Sveas allmoge för Konung och Fosterland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Radical
« Reply #1278 on: June 17, 2013, 01:33:03 am »
superb work!

and on the topic of that map i made, this is a vid of my 3rd company going over the top on the right flank of the infantry camp side of it. Ive made amendments since including more frequent shell holes and stakes extending further into the center of no mans land. This weekend i hope to conclude work on it and beginning a cliche' but impeccable Somme map  :)

Spoiler

[close]

Amazing work! Can I download this for Blood & Iron?

Offline Miller

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: June 17, 2013, 01:40:04 am »
thank you and im still tweaking it atm, maybe i can give u a dl link soon when im confident in its final design. thanks tho  :)

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: June 17, 2013, 10:30:49 am »
superb work!

Spoiler

[close]

Id be careful with the size? And please remove some tents :P, some guys told me that if you add to many tents that your map will lagg so bad, that people will bairly play it even though it looks awesome!
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: June 17, 2013, 06:17:45 pm »
Not to sure if that guy u speak with is alright...

However let's see.

First of all, work more on the detail of those hill sides, on the first picture far left the hill looks quite weird. Use the smooth feature to make the hills a bit realistic. The current state is pretty ugly, I can ensure you that it will look better with some smoothing on hill sides. ;)

Also, I don't hope that map is made for Battle, because in that case you will have either an hour long round, or you will have a mad attackers team. Be sure the attackers actually have a chance to get up there and to win the round. Seeing the accuraty of guns, you shouldn't give the defenders to much defensives to hide behind.

It could also be a good idea to add some vegatation to the map, trees, bushes whatever make it look a bit alive. The map looks pretty boring right now. :P

Last, perhaps include a small building (destroyed?) or hut around the beach, so the attackers have a point were they can find cover etc. Mortars for the attacking team wouldn't be bad either.

Well goodluck! :P

Offline TORN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TORN
« Reply #1282 on: June 17, 2013, 06:24:44 pm »

Offline Wismar

• Donator
  • Med Gud o' Sveas allmoge för Konung och Fosterland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Radical
« Reply #1283 on: June 17, 2013, 06:44:40 pm »

However let's see.

First of all, work more on the detail of those hill sides, on the first picture far left the hill looks quite weird. Use the smooth feature to make the hills a bit realistic. The current state is pretty ugly, I can ensure you that it will look better with some smoothing on hill sides. ;)

Also, I don't hope that map is made for Battle, because in that case you will have either an hour long round, or you will have a mad attackers team. Be sure the attackers actually have a chance to get up there and to win the round. Seeing the accuraty of guns, you shouldn't give the defenders to much defensives to hide behind.

It could also be a good idea to add some vegatation to the map, trees, bushes whatever make it look a bit alive. The map looks pretty boring right now. :P

Last, perhaps include a small building (destroyed?) or hut around the beach, so the attackers have a point were they can find cover etc. Mortars for the attacking team wouldn't be bad either.

There were not many trees in "no man's land" though.

Offline sovietgondor

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: June 17, 2013, 07:16:12 pm »

However let's see.

There were not many trees in "no man's land" though.

Oscar makes a good point. To be honest nothing about a world war one battlefield looks lively, so naturally the maps will look pretty dead and boring. I can agree on some points, like no letting a defender have too much of an advantage while defending, but at the same time that falls under a lot of argument as well. The nature of the war this mod encircles is not a balanced one so try to find that happy medium between balance and historical accuracy so everyone can enjoy it to the fullest.

Offline Betaknight

• Major
  • To Protect and To Serve
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Betaknight
« Reply #1285 on: June 17, 2013, 07:32:00 pm »

However let's see.

Good points. Except the last one. Remember. We have artillery. So they won't be hiding there for long. They will have to move.
The first modder for NW.

Offline Waterbeetle

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Volumed
« Reply #1286 on: June 17, 2013, 08:39:52 pm »
Are the maps that I have seen so far official maps or just fan made fun creating maps?

Offline Miller

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: June 17, 2013, 09:26:02 pm »
since the ottomans were drastically outnumbered anyway and still massacred the brits i was planning on configuring the teams to be unbalanced and having the attackers be larger oc. I will consider the landscaping suggestion, thank you for them. Also if anyone knows how to implement working boats, im embarrassed to say i have no idea how to so i piled them up on the beach instead... Id like to have a region out in the water from where the boats can actually float to shore and more of the beach can be utilized for the landing. Thanks for the feed back  :)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 09:28:13 pm by Miller »

Offline Hawke

• Donator
  • Aquila non capit muscas.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Hawke
« Reply #1288 on: June 17, 2013, 09:47:11 pm »
They won because we had to land on a beach under fire, and charge up a hill into machine-guns.

Offline Baillie

• Second Lieutenant
  • Baillie
    • View Profile
    • Iron Europe
  • Nick: Baillie
« Reply #1289 on: June 17, 2013, 10:56:46 pm »
Are the maps that I have seen so far official maps or just fan made fun creating maps?
Fan made.
Steam profile.                    Iron Europe Developer.
NW Immersion Mod. -  UPDATE RELEASED 26/09/2015