Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars World Cup 2018  (Read 313590 times)

Offline Gi

• General
  • #freepoland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Snappers_Gi
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Napoleonic Wars World Cup 2018
« Reply #1620 on: March 14, 2018, 03:13:43 pm »
He's actually Japanese

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1621 on: March 14, 2018, 03:14:09 pm »
The problem is, who determines who plays in the lower tournament. And how do they determine it? Like, scotland isn't bad and could beat some lower teams really easily. But is not a contender for the finals. So are they part of the upper tournament or the lower tournament?
The group stage would determine it. The advancing teams would go to the real bracket and fight for NWWC title, whilst the knocked out teams from groups will have their own bracket ending in a 'lower champion'.
The issue with that is that you’d then have a team that effectively got knocked out being crowned a champion of sorts and, for example, the runner up of the main tourney getting nothing.

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1622 on: March 14, 2018, 03:16:22 pm »
The problem is, who determines who plays in the lower tournament. And how do they determine it? Like, scotland isn't bad and could beat some lower teams really easily. But is not a contender for the finals. So are they part of the upper tournament or the lower tournament?
The group stage would determine it. The advancing teams would go to the real bracket and fight for NWWC title, whilst the knocked out teams from groups will have their own bracket ending in a 'lower champion'.
The issue with that is that you’d then have a team that effectively got knocked out being crowned a champion of sorts and, for example, the runner up of the main tourney getting nothing.
I obviously wouldn't propose them as being able to obtain anything from the prize pool, or even in fact be eligible for some sort of signature at all. - very clearly recognise it as the winner of the loser's bracket / knock-outs. The real runner-up would be referred to as 2nd place / runner-ups and obviously get wonderful signatures and prizes.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1623 on: March 14, 2018, 03:24:34 pm »
But they’d be the winners of nothing. Not winners at all

Offline Knightmare

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: March 14, 2018, 03:25:12 pm »
Wait does my opinion matter

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: March 14, 2018, 03:26:26 pm »
Wait does my opinion matter
yeSSS you are the kapitan of a team now!

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #1626 on: March 14, 2018, 03:26:58 pm »
Not cool. Normal loser brackets (the 2 life one as Rebel mentioned) is better imo and has at least some meaning.

Swiss-system is also a good idea.
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Knightmare

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: March 14, 2018, 03:29:00 pm »
I obviously wouldn't propose them as being able to obtain anything from the prize pool, or even in fact be eligible for some sort of signature at all. - very clearly recognise it as the winner of the loser's bracket / knock-outs. The real runner-up would be referred to as 2nd place / runner-ups and obviously get wonderful signatures and prizes.
Shit I promised my boys csgo skins if we won something.

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
« Reply #1628 on: March 14, 2018, 03:29:53 pm »
But they’d be the winners of nothing. Not winners at all
They're not supposed to have any meaningful win, they got knocked and by the old rules that'd be the end of it. This would give the opportunity for weak teams that normally get knocked out to compete in a playoff bracket with teams of a similar level in a competitive setting. This obviously entirely depends upon if those nations would be up for it, but I see it as a way to play more in a fair environment.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #1629 on: March 14, 2018, 03:30:05 pm »
All these systems will drag NWWC out from potentially a 2 month tournament to anything between a 3-5 month tournament though, unless we do more than one match a week which some teams don't have time to do.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Carolus.

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Norge är ändå helt okej
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: March 14, 2018, 03:39:40 pm »
All these systems will drag NWWC out from potentially a 2 month tournament to anything between a 3-5 month tournament though, unless we do more than one match a week which some teams don't have time to do.

With a swiss system or two large groups it would indeed take much longer.

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: March 14, 2018, 03:40:03 pm »

Swiss-system is a 5-6 week tournament + play offs = 7-8 weeks?

You lied.
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline KOBZIK

• Colonel
  • Сосать, уроды, сосать!!! (с)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: March 14, 2018, 03:41:12 pm »

With a swiss system or two large groups it would indeed take much longer.
swiss system is the same amount of time + 1 week. It cant be much longer. The loser barkets instead will take a lot of time

Swiss-system is a 5-6 week tournament + play offs = 7-8 weeks?

You lied.
In swiss system the weaker team has more opportunities to play vs teams on same lvles and not to get raped by higher tier teams in the barkest for 3 weeks
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 03:46:48 pm by KOBZIK »
23:05 - 37th | Bodya: what he need will be do ?

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: March 14, 2018, 03:46:17 pm »
Not even the loser brackets adds on "many more weeks" and makes the tourney longer lol. Just make a mandatory schedule and we are all good, team can't make it? Well, too bad. .)

Offline KOBZIK

• Colonel
  • Сосать, уроды, сосать!!! (с)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: March 14, 2018, 03:48:26 pm »
Not even the loser brackets adds on "many more weeks" and makes the tourney longer lol. Just make a mandatory schedule and we are all good, team can't make it? Well, too bad. .)
Loser barkets just make 2x wasted time for refs
thats why in my opinion swiss is better
23:05 - 37th | Bodya: what he need will be do ?